UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

If you like Superhero Squad, Robot Heroes and Adventure heroes...

Lobsterman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more of these popped up at SDCC:

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach...tachmentid=1666

http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/attach...tachmentid=1669

Even Duke seems to have more of a grimace than a smile. . .and his original figure was smiling! Must be a smile-backlash by the producers of these things.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry if I might be thread necro-ing here but the toy stores there HAVE started carrying Combat Heroes already, right? If they have, since when? Just wanted to mention that our toy stores here have just started carrying these (along wit those weird holiday-themed Galactic Heroes).

I'm not too familiar with G.I. Joe but I did recall seeing Baroness, Flint, Serpentor... that's all I can remember.

Sorry if I might be thread necro-ing here but the toy stores there HAVE started carrying Combat Heroes already, right? If they have, since when? Just wanted to mention that our toy stores here have just started carrying these (along wit those weird holiday-themed Galactic Heroes).

I'm not too familiar with G.I. Joe but I did recall seeing Baroness, Flint, Serpentor... that's all I can remember.

The stores started carrying the first wave around the time of my previous post. However, the figures you mention are the 2nd wave, which I have yet to see in stores.

The stores started carrying the first wave around the time of my previous post. However, the figures you mention are the 2nd wave, which I have yet to see in stores.

Wha--?!

The people across the really big pond get something released ahead for once? :blink:

Dang, I wish we'd be this lucky with Minimates. Never cared for Hasbro Heroes personally. Guess I should've taken pics...

Edited by NorthRaider

Wha--?!

The people across the really big pond get something released ahead for once? :blink:

Dang, I wish we'd be this lucky with Minimates. Never cared for Hasbro Heroes personally. Guess I should've taken pics...

I thought you guys always got Joes before we did in the states, due to your proximity to the manufacturer in China. I'm pretty sure Hisstank used to have a guy in the Philippines who would get stuff a month or two before anyone else would, and would show off pics, etc.

Wha--?!

I thought you guys always got Joes before we did in the states, due to your proximity to the manufacturer in China. I'm pretty sure Hisstank used to have a guy in the Philippines who would get stuff a month or two before anyone else would, and would show off pics, etc.

Oh, well I guess that explains a lot :sweat:

The Combat Heroes appear to have just arrived, but the holiday Galactic Heroes have actually been here a while, along with the SHS and a few of the Indiana Jones ones. I've been keeping my eyes peeled for that silly "Ark of the Covenant Ghost" that was previewed here a few months back, so far I haven't seen it yet. Tell you what, next time I visit that store I'm bringing a camera. (if there's a specific Hasbro Heroes pack anybody here wants a pic of, I guess I can take requests.)

Following up on my previous post, I think that I will soon become a very big fan of some of these little bastards:

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Joecon-Officia...ODUCT_IMAGES_50

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Joecon-Officia...ODUCT_IMAGES_49

How cool is that Zartan and Firefly? And why is it that they look 100X better than any previous "Superhero Squad" figure that I have seen? Maybe the lack of stupid smiley faces? (it is forgivable on the lovable goof Bazooka--but he even doesn't look as goofy like the Indiana Jones and Star Wars figs that I've seen. . .)

Ooh, I want the kitty! :) What's that supposed to be in its mouth?

Following up on my previous post, I think that I will soon become a very big fan of some of these little bastards:

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Joecon-Officia...ODUCT_IMAGES_50

http://hisstank.com/gallery/Joecon-Officia...ODUCT_IMAGES_49

How cool is that Zartan and Firefly? And why is it that they look 100X better than any previous "Superhero Squad" figure that I have seen? Maybe the lack of stupid smiley faces? (it is forgivable on the lovable goof Bazooka--but he even doesn't look as goofy like the Indiana Jones and Star Wars figs that I've seen. . .)

Ooh, I want the kitty! :) What's that supposed to be in its mouth?

Some sort of spike? A wooden stake? A broken spear?

... and WHY would GI Joes come with a kitty, anyway? :lol:

I think that's supposed to be Timber, Snake Eyes' wolf. I guess the cutesy treatment turned him into a pussy as well.

BS

Edit: Darn Karamazov, you beat me to the punch!

See, this is why I never liked Hasbro heroes... the wolf-kitty transformation is just WRONG.

I think that's supposed to be Timber, Snake Eyes' wolf. I guess the cutesy treatment turned him into a pussy as well.

BS

Edit: Darn Karamazov, you beat me to the punch!

See, this is why I never liked Hasbro heroes... the wolf-kitty transformation is just WRONG.

Maybe they're trying to broaden their "target audience" to include females and/or young girls. :P If I were to see that set in a store, I'd buy it for the cute kitty. (It so does not look like a wolf either.)

PS - With the knife brown like that, it just looks like a stake. Like it could belong to Buffy & help her fight vamps.

PS - With the knife brown like that, it just looks like a stake. Like it could belong to Buffy & help her fight vamps.

It has a handle and "bolster," though you can't really see it in that picture. Also, it is black in the actual produced version, unless I am mistaken (I can't seem to find mine right now).

Edited by karamazov80

TNI has pictures of all the GIjoe Minifigures upto wave 3 at this addy http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...800&start=0

I can see how ppl say ahh they are cute but me I just see the sailor and the dude in the green cap in wave 3 and cant help thinking of the lyrics to YMCA or a gay bar.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the first time since waves 1 & 2, Superhero Squad are available in Australia. I walked into my local Target on ym weekly hunt for toys (which for the last 2 years has been a total waste of time) & found the Wolverine Origins comic series toys AND 4 new SuperHero Squad 4 packs. I bought myself the 'Hunt for Sinister' pack & will be going back for the 'Coming of Apocalypse' & 'Battle against the Blob' packs.

The 'Hunt For Sinister Pack' had to be my first buy because it gave me my fave villain, a new sculpt for Cable (the first one never made it to Australia) AND a new FEMALE character. I'm not a huge X-23 fan, but i love seeing villains & femal characters get released.

Sorry about the gushing guys. I was just very stoked & happily surprised to find these here and not have to order them on eBay for twice their value. :sweat: (tears of joy)