UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bob's Customs - Assassin's Creed II Ezio, p.29

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abe The Vampire Hunter is as cool as a penguins dangly bits and a good concept for a comic as well :thumbsup:

Edit: didnt actually know there was a Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter book. I will ahve to give it a read.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Abe The Vampire Hunter is as cool as a penguins dangly bits and a good concept for a comic as well :thumbsup:

Edit: didnt actually know there was a Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter book. I will ahve to give it a read.

Yes there is, but I must confess that I haven't really read it either. I read about it and saw that video I linked in my post and thought it would be a really cool idea for a mate.

You alreday met them, but I'd like to introduce them once more one at a time. Here are the Furyous Basterds, my entry for Custom Con 26:

After Noir, Zombies and 1602, Marvel talks steampunk in its newest limited series! Telling the story of a secret guerrilla squad in the 19th century, Marvel is once more re-imagining some of our all time favorite heroes, fighting vampires under Lincoln's command. Now we are proud to present the 2“ versions of the series' inglourious characters. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you

Title-Bloody.jpg

They aren't extraordinary gentlemen and you won't feel pleased to meet 'em,

for they're the Furyous Basterds, Lincoln's finest.

First up is the Basterds' mastermind, Nicolas Fury. Here's the official charater bio:

'My name is Nicholas Joseph Fury, born in that part of Manhattan the Times nowadays calls „Hell's Kitchen“. First time I appeared before the public was also the last: On April 15th, 1865, I saved Abraham Lincoln from being assassinated by a guy called John Wilkes Booth, a bloody vampire, pun intended, but I'm not kidding about blood suckers walking in our country. I was trying to hunt down that fellow for quite a while and when I had a talk with Mr. President afterwards, he got me a job. Only a few people were sitting together on that evening when the old man made his decision: Under no circumstances should it be made public, that the Dreadful were released from hell, since this great country of ours is already standing on the edge to chaos. I was asked to form a small but effective group of men, being able to hunt down those vampires. No pride. No prejudice. No zombies. Low profile. He provides what ever I need and doesn't ask questions. Neither do I. We don't exist, but what exists is a rumor and a name. Furyous Basterds. If that helps us spreading fear amongst those nasty blood suckers, I'm happy to be called like that. Some say God turned his back on us when the vampires first approached. I don't need any Gods or whatever you believe in. We are not fighting for a greater Good, we are fighting against a greater Evil, and I know what it looks like. If we're successful, no history book will ever talk about us. If we don't, people will say, Nick Fury was right.'

I imagined him just as the cool mastermind he usually is, the kind of guy who doesn't talk much, but always has a plan. Even if you think it fails, you just didn't get it yet. And I thought it would be cool to give him the watch, the umbrella and the bag as accessories.That's all he ever shows up with and all he needs to fight vampires. Maybe the umbrella is some kind of a weapon Stark did build for him. And you just don't want to know what he's carrying around in that bag...

The recipe: I used my Nick Fury decal for his face. The hair belongs to movie Sabertooth, the umbrella belongs to Penguin, the chest (The Man in Black), watch and bag are from the Few Dollars More Set, the pants are from Pepper Potts, the rolled up sleeves came with Chef Duff and those sleeve-things on his arms - I have no idea what those are called in English - are Ares' bracelets.

FB-Nick-Fury-02.jpg NickFury.jpg

"Let's go to work." (Nick Fury)

Edited by Bob Harris

I've already told you how much i love this series - they rock.

I love the 'olde-school' photo technique you've used to present Fury this time. The sepia & rounded edges. It's a really nice touch and shows the attention to detail in presentation.

Hope we can see some new additions to the Bastards in the future.

Great work.

As mentioned in the CustomCon thread those mates are awesome and those aged pictures make them stand out even more. Good work!

Also, I wanted to ask, what product are you using to make your decals? Is it a german product?

Edited by ARuloff

Thanks a lot folks!

ARuloff, I use decal paper from this shop in Germany. It's pretty good. In case you want to use it, make sure to put a clear coat on it in case you're using an inkjet printer.

____

Edit: Just saw that toycutter picked the Basterds up. :)

I'll update this thread tomorrow with Iron Man, including another of those "olde school" pics of him.

Edited by Bob Harris

Next up is Tony Stark, known as

Iron Man

Here's what Fury has to say:

'Imperialist and railroad tycoon Anthony Edward Stark is as narcissistic, greedy and compulsive, as he is a genius. Given the money he earned by investing early in the Transcontinental Railroad, he was able to not only invent but also produce steam based operational systems, changing the face of the world once and for all. Established by his father decades ago, Stark Enterprises is now one of the leading forces in steam based developments and the railroad industry. Stark is a well known and respected man both in public and the scientific society, his family being connected with families like Reade, Brainerd and Campion, the young Archibald Campion visiting him very frequently. His financial independence granted him the possibility to work on his own vision of the future, so he finally was able to construct a steam driven suit, providing him unbelievable strength. It's hard to keep him calm, since working in the shadows doesn't feed his invincible ego, but he can finally create all of his ideas instead of wasting his talents to railroad and steamboat construction. It's obvious that you need a man like Stark in your team, since he's developing most of our equipment.'

Iron Man was the first character I did 're-imigine' in a steampunk universe. That was way before I came up with the Furyous Basterds concept. He's pretty clearly inspired by Sillof's great works! I also included some sublime references to expand this potential alternative universe. You folks heared of Boilerplate? Well, after he spend lots of time in his youth at Stark's place, little Archibald Campion will later build this incredible steampunk robot.

The recipe: All parts belong to the Iron Man movie 'mates. The helmet belongs to Mark I, the arms/hands and legs/feet to Iron Monger. For the chest armor, I switched the Mark I just turned the piece around, so the original backside is now used as the front to show all those wacky mechanics. In my opinion that's a pretty cool effect. The 'smoke pipe' (?) on his back is made out of a straw and the smoke itself is made from Chef Duff's blowtorch. The vintage color scheme is done by first coloring all parts black - he looked awesome!!! - and then brushing red and gold paint very roughly but careful on top of it.

MMMV-FB-IronMan.jpg IronMan.jpg

"Give me a scotch. I'm starving. To peace, ladies and gentlemen!" (Tony Stark)

Thanks a lot!

I already heared about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is going to be a movie, Vampire Hunter Lincoln is news to me. Thanks, Minifiend.

I kinda wanna make my own.....

And I'd love to see yours!

Soooo, how is Cap going to tie into all of this?? ;) President??

:) I was really thinking about Cap, but I don't see him anywhere in that universe. Sorry. In Sillof's re-imagination I thought he was one of the weakest characters.