UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember how I speculated that, having bought the Amazing Bag-Man from a comic book store, I'd find him for regular price? Yeah, that happened. Saw the set at Wal-Mart, picked up Blastaar and Prof X. Both are very nice. Passed on Miles Spidey and a second Bag Man for now, and Jubilee forever. A word of warning to you Jubilee fans, though: I've read that some people have had trouble with one of her arms breaking off, so be careful with her.

Remember how I speculated that, having bought the Amazing Bag-Man from a comic book store, I'd find him for regular price? Yeah, that happened. Saw the set at Wal-Mart, picked up Blastaar and Prof X. Both are very nice. Passed on Miles Spidey and a second Bag Man for now, and Jubilee forever. A word of warning to you Jubilee fans, though: I've read that some people have had trouble with one of her arms breaking off, so be careful with her.

Hey Hellpop, where you located? All my Wal-Marts are just now getting in the Scarlet Witch wave, which is pissing me off because I'm jonesing for a Bombastic Bag Head for my sons X-Mas present, and all the scalpers have them on eBay for like $50+.

My Wal-Marts around here have mostly stopped carrying Marvel Universe figures, but are overstocked on the movie lines. One of the five Wal-Marts in my relative area still has them, and they haven't gotten a new wave in awhile. Hopefully Target doesn't skip on the Blastaar wave (he's the only one I want)!

I've officially given up on Walmart by me in Grand Rapids, MI. Ever since the store was torn down and remodeled (right after Marvel Legends was bought by Hasbro) you can't find anything there but Hot Wheels and Iron Man 2 movie toys choking the aisles while the pegs where MU should be remain barren. It's awful.

Outside Philadelphia. I'd offer to pick him up for you, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back there. Tell you what: if I do, and he's still there, I'll pick him up and let you know.

Thanks man. When and if you get back there in time, I'll hook you up with a little extra scratch for your time... As long as I'm not paying $50 scalper prices, I'm happy...

EEEEE MOCKINGBIRD. Made my day. Love her, though it's likely her classic costume. Not that that's a bad thing, but i love her modern look. Still amazing.

I'm seeing a pattern between the Marvel Universe line's releases and the playable characters being released in the Marvel Avengers Alliance game on Facebook. If the Avengers movie figures didn't back Hasbro up so much this year I think more people would notice it too. That said, I'd bet $20 Mockingbird will be released in her modern costume although I'd prefer her in one of her classic costumes.

The Firestar head would work for the early issues, before Bobbie started pulling her hair back in a pony tail. The billowy sleeves are going to be the issue. Not going to look right without them.

Size: about 3'' tall;

;)

I don't recognise him, there weren't any 3.75 inch figures yet when SM3 came out. There was a 5" line around that time, in an attempt to revive that scale, and there were several Sandman's made for it. I don't know anyone who's up to date chronicling the MU scale stuff.

Right, I can read. I was just wondering if anyone here knew how to clarify "about".

Can, yes. But sometimes it pays to make sure that you did.

And busting your chops is practically the board pastime. :lol:

(see I used happy emoticons when insulting you. Which by internet law means its okay, right?)

That I remember... because untold numbers of Fwooshers canibalized those tentacles to upgrade their Doc Ocks. Seemed an expensive mod to me.

Cool, thanks.

So I opened Beta Ray Bill. What's the first thing that happens? His foot snaps off. Great. I got it fixed though. It only took 1 screw.

Who did you have to screw?

In a heads up to UK MU collectors. The Quinjet from the Avengers Movie Line is selling at ASDA for £21.00

Just thought I'd let everyone know...

Stopped by my local TJ MAX with the wife today, and they had a fair amount of the 16" Galactus and the 16" Sentinel for the Marvel Universe line. Both figures were painted in the SDCC colors, but had action figures with them (Wolverine, Silver Surfer respectably), so they are repaint Retail versions. My TJ MAX had about 3 Galactus figures and 8 Sentinels, priced at $29.98. I picked up an extra Sentinel for my son for X-Mas, he already has 2, but it's always more fun to have your X-Men fight a triad of mutant hunting metal...

• 2 weeks later...