UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-file palz

CRISIS Survivor

this is one line that i really miss they came with such cool accessorys

i like a port-a-john litle flash lights and even little laptops

the alien biopsy scene was so cool!

what did you guys like about the line and do you use any of the accessorys with your minimates?

also who would you have liked to see if palz hadn't come to such a sad end?

I also really enjoyed this line but the palz alway seemed to fall apart easily. like my Skully's hand is loose and my Mulder's legs but other wise they were coo.l I use their computers for mates and Skinner's chair works great for my GI joe's.

I thought Palz were pretty cool figures and I have to agree the accessories were the best part!

My store still sells the Buffy ones, and I know of another shop nearby that may still have some Die Hard Palz.

They weren't bad figures but I do think they indeed fell apart easily, the one that I have had it's leg joint break off when I was taking it out of the package.....kinda bummed me out, but it was easily fixable.

I have to admit that I totally missed out on these when they were easily available, and recently went nuts on EvilBay to get an unopened case of Series 2's as well as a nearly complete collection of Series 1's. I've been collecting various block figs that interested me, and had been thinking about what parts I could use to make my own Mulder and Scully figs, and discovered the existence of the Palz line (and the fact that I totally missed out on them as well!).

Just wish they could have gotten around to a complete set of Lone Gunmen, Knowle Rohrer, Doggett, Reyes, and maybe the Well Manicured Man...

I like them a lot, and just wish they were in scale with my other block figures, as it's pretty tempting to make all kinds of mashup scenes with 'em! :P

Including accessories was a great bonus... I wish they'd do so for the 'Mates and Kubricks as well!

I do have a few extras, thanks to Palisades' decision to blind-package (Grrrrrr!!!) so if anyone is interested, I could list 'em...

I have to admit that I totally missed out on these when they were easily available, and recently went nuts on EvilBay to get an unopened case of Series 2's as well as a nearly complete collection of Series 1's. I've been collecting various block figs that interested me, and had been thinking about what parts I could use to make my own Mulder and Scully figs, and discovered the existence of the Palz line (and the fact that I totally missed out on them as well!).

Just wish they could have gotten around to a complete set of Lone Gunmen, Knowle Rohrer, Doggett, Reyes, and maybe the Well Manicured Man...

I like them a lot, and just wish they were in scale with my other block figures, as it's pretty tempting to make all kinds of mashup scenes with 'em! :P

Including accessories was a great bonus... I wish they'd do so for the 'Mates and Kubricks as well!

I do have a few extras, thanks to Palisades' decision to blind-package (Grrrrrr!!!) so if anyone is interested, I could list 'em...

The blind-package :down: There my friend ,you have ,what I consider to be there eventual downfall & demise. If this is ever suggested for 'mates look out! I would loved to have seen further X-Files characters.

If this is ever suggested for 'mates look out!

There were blind-packaged SFII Minimates in Hong Kong (not sure if they were released all over Asia) and early protorype pics of the BSG stuff had what appeared to be blind-packaging as well.

I'm glad DST hasn't gone this route. I end up with enough extras as it is.

The blind-package :down: There my friend ,you have ,what I consider to be there eventual downfall & demise. If this is ever suggested for 'mates look out! I would loved to have seen further X-Files characters.

For some reason, these just don't seem to work for the U.S. We like to know what we're getting. The Japanese, on the other hand, seem to enjoy the thrill of discovery, I guess. I hate blind boxes. I also hate 1/100 variants, or whatever the ratio is for some of those Kubricks. 1/12, and knowing which pack has the variant, is much better.

For some reason, these just don't seem to work for the U.S. We like to know what we're getting. The Japanese, on the other hand, seem to enjoy the thrill of discovery, I guess. I hate blind boxes. I also hate 1/100 variants, or whatever the ratio is for some of those Kubricks. 1/12, and knowing which pack has the variant, is much better.

As you chaps Stateside say " do the math". The Kubrick Star Wars Series 8 has just been released. There are 6 regular figures,a 1/48 chase & two 1/96 secrets. If you are lucky there is a chance that you will find the whole set after buying 8 cases of 12 blind boxes. A chance! Currently on ebay a case of 12 will cost you a few dollars short of $100.

8x $100 = obscene

Collecting these f$£kers is a disease :woot:

I also really enjoyed this line but the palz alway seemed to fall apart easily. like my Skully's hand is loose and my Mulder's legs but other wise they were coo.l I use their computers for mates and Skinner's chair works great for my GI joe's.

Max,

Are there certain figures that seem to be susceptible to loose parts? Haven't noticed anything yet with the few Palz that I've removed from packaging, other than an unfortunate incident with the Cigarette Smoking Man trying to remove his jacket, and removing the ball joint instead... Yikes! Took some CA glue to fix it, and I was never able to get his jacket off however.

I have a few Kubricks on the other hand, with really loose arm joints, which is annoying...

I did also notice that a lot of the figs seem to have 1 leg longer than the other by maybe a millimeter! Anybody else notice that with theirs? Did Palisades have some production QA issues?

I was all over these when Palisades put out the first Buffy line. Considering that every figure came with a flip-around head, alternate outfit, and a ton of accessories, they were pretty cool little dudes. However, the plastic they used was crap. Too brittle with no flexibility at all. Shirts and jackets were almost impossible to remove, and they were more apt to break. Not only that, but the "feel" of the plastic was cheaper than MiniMates or LEGO. They would have been better off saving on a couple of accessory molds and using better plastic.

However, were they the first to do the build-a-figure concept? They started that with Buffy 2 and the Judge, and had planned on continuing with snake-mayor had series 3 come out. Did that pre-date the Marvel Legends BAF concept?

Of course, then they went and blind-boxed. Yuck.

• 5 months later...

I got 20 blind boxes of series 2 from a friend recently. I had pretty much a complete set of series 1. But didn't have much luck ever finding series 2. Well I did pretty well with the 20 blind boxes as you can see below. It's so sad that Palisades went under I love these little guys and would have loved to seen series 3.

xfilespalz.jpg

It is a double edged sword being a Palz collector at this point. Obviously, no more are being made. However, you can get them on eBay (even the super rare chases) for dirt cheap. One of these day, I'm going to really bulk up my Palz collection with some X-Files figures, as I only have Die Hard ones right now.

WOW i did not realize they made so many x-files. I only got the main characters, Mulder, Skully, some aliens for fun. I remember they went on sale at suncoast and i thought about buying. but the ones i have always seemed to be falling apart. so they stand proudly at my desk at work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Every year i let my total toy geekness invade the Christmas season. I have at least one small scene with toys. Last year it was Star Wars. The year before it was spawn.. Anyway this year with there being an X-Files movie my display was with the X-Files.. :) I was curious if anyone else did anything like this? Here is a couple of photos.

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01728.jpg