UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

I guess Halo was indeed a game-changer, as DST, despite Chuck saying they are not a video game company.... sure is making a lot of video game Minimates. I see the hand of Toys R Us behind this (just like with the Sony 'mates), so all you guys that are always hating on them that are happy today probably owe them a big thank you.

While I do think we'll see a lot of retreads (I expect the first wave of these will include Wolverine, Spidey, and Iron Man), I don't mind that if that means they can throw all their tooling dollars for the wave into someone like Modok. And I'll be happy if the Capcom side produces some cool new parts for customizing; that Felicia Minimate's hairpiece, for example, might make for a passible White Rabbit:

1475671-956306_whiterabbitasm_super.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if you check the DST Facebook contest page you will see that I won the contest :)

no official announcement. but check the order of guesses.

Hehehe....

moc847

Congrats on the win MOC, i honestly thought Robomate had won it by how excited he was earlier!

In case no one clicked on "The Gallery" link at the bottom, the character designs for the Minimates thus-far:

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/marvel-capcom-minimates/

Looking BEAUTIFUL. JEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: Arthur looks funny, Dormammu looks like a badass, and that frakking SPider-man!!! It ISN'T the factory that's making that web lines error. They are DESIGNED without the webs going all the way around the wrists/ankles. <_<

Waiting for Wesker, Chris, and Jill. Ryu looks much better, though. and, Viewtiful Joe. ;)

EDIT: Damn. Fwooshey ninja'd me. :P

Not to double-post, but i didn't want this lost.

On Jean's additional information, it says she reuses DST's Femme Fatales Medusa Hairpiece. Wait....what?? :blink:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Gallery pics of the minimates are up.

http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/marvel-capcom-minimates/

Line up is: Amatersau, Arthur, Chun Li. C Viper, Dante, Dormamu, Felicia, Magneto, Phoenix, Ryu, Spidey, Super Skrull, Taskmaster, Trish, Viewtful Joe, X-23 and Zero

*giggles giddily like a school girl*

Okay, I've pretty much been fainting ever since this was announced. I'll try and spare you all my usual fangirly shrieking. :P

Barring the token Spider-Man (FOR PETE'S SAKE, DST!), I actually kind of like this line up. We already knew rereleases were inevitable, but surprisingly I really liked the Ryu and Phoenix art here. I was hoping DST would get around to a non-X-Force X-23 eventually, so this look was a nice choice. And as usual all the new characters are awesome, I even want the otherwise bleh-looking Trish mate! (On the bright side, you Marvel diehards can use her as a stand-in for Dark X-Men Emma Frost or something.)

On Jean's additional information, it says she reuses DST's Femme Fatales Medusa Hairpiece. Wait....what?? :blink:

Oh God. Thanks for noting that TTF!

DST already sort of hinted they were doing Inhumans minimates, what this tells me is

either they're also making a second Medusa mate separate from the Inhumans or they're actually referring to the Greek mythology Medusa correction: either they're making two Medusa mates or she isn't going to be released with the other Inhumans. Or something.

:blink:

edited for corrections in my spoilered theory.

Edited by NorthRaider

I am so stoked for this line. Super Skrull and Crimson Viper are on the top of my MUST HAVE list. Strange that DST would put Magneto (identical to his last couple of releases) instead of a much needed masked Wolverine in the line-up.

NOTE: Super Skrulls notes include "Re-use of Marvel TRU wave 6 Mr. Fantastic big fist". Strange... I wonder if this was a scrapped idea? Will it see the light of day? Only God and the future knows for sure.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm not so excited about this line, since I don't know most of the Capcom characters. I like the new Ryu design a lot, especially the new molded parts. And the feet with claws that come with X-23. And the "hinge" on Dormammu's waist piece! Great new parts! All in all I guess there'll be a lot of pretty exquisite custom fodder pieces. That's the pro side, so I'm OK with it, but I'd say the HUGE surprise - if that's it - is pretty meh.

Anyway, one thing surprised me a little. On the Super Skrull's controll art it says: reuse TRU6 Mr. Fantastic big fist. We did never see that part, right? Did I miss something?

Oh, and congrats on the right guess, MoC - if this will be the case!

Finally Dormammu! Fingers crossed the license will cover all the MVC games so we can get Shuma Gorath and Dr. Strange can actually have 2 villains to fight. *Edit*: Just found out Shuma Gorath is DLC for the game! Crazy that the Doc has yet to make an appearance as a playable character though.

I'm a little disappointed that the Resident Evil characters aren't there in the control art but I imagine they're having to save something for later. Have they revealed all the secret characters yet? I thought Taskmaster was meant to be one of them but that's the last I've heard.

Maybe this will inspire them to get the Capcom license proper so we can get a line of Mega Man mates and finish off the World Warriors (at least).

Interesting theory about Medusa; I wonder, that if they do mean the Marvel version, who could potentially be in a femme fatale boxset with her? Probably a new Emma and maybe Scarlet Witch? The really obvious ones like Black Widow and Black Cat have had versions really recently so I'd like to think that takes them off the table.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

Finally Dormammu! Fingers crossed the license will cover all the MVC games so we can get Shuma Gorath and Dr. Strange can actually have 2 villains to fight.

I'm a little disappointed that the Resident Evil characters aren't there in the control art but I imagine they're having to save something for later. Have they revealed all the secret characters yet? I thought Taskmaster was meant to be one of them but that's the last I've heard.

Maybe this will inspire them to get the Capcom license proper so we can get a line of Mega Man mates and finish off the World Warriors (at least).

I'm with you here. I have a feeling there HAS to be a second wave in the works. Though I'm mostly just saying this because the Minimate-ized Marvel vs. Capcom poster promised us Wesker, Redfield and an updated Morrigan. Then again Minimate posters have lied to us before... <_<

Interesting theory about Medusa; I wonder, that if they do mean the Marvel version, who could potentially be in a femme fatale boxset with her? Probably a new Emma and maybe Scarlet Witch? The really obvious ones like Black Widow and Black Cat have had versions really recently so I'd like to think that takes them off the table.

We already started a new thread discussing this, but I wouldn't mind a new Black Cat as an apology for the Friends and Foes boxset (sigh.)

I see we're going to get a green phoenix!!!! I hope we can get a White Phoenix of the Crown variant. She uses that costume in the game. And Dark Phoenix too!!

Does anyone see that the notes say she "reuses Femme Fatale" Medusa Hair?

Also looking forward to Zero, Chun-Li, Ameratsu.

That was a fake.

i dont know if anyone remembers this but there was a pic that confirmed howard the duck.... it may have been a hoax bu if not.... :D
Edited by Chronotrigger