UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

Hey guys. I wasn't sure where this would go, so I thought I'd put it in Crisis. Anyways, what do your avatars and/or screen names mean/come from? Don't give out any info you don't feel comfortable with, or you think might give your password or something away. My screen name comes from a comic book character I created, and really like: Alpheon. My avatar is just something cool I came up with--I took a good headshot of the Captain Kirk Minimate. Why I chose it? I thought it looked cool and unique. Another thing: my first name is Timothy. I've told some of you before, and I don't know why I think it's important, but I do. Nice to meet you all again!

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Brian, and I'm an Alcohol... wait, wrong room.

Actually, my screen name stands for Dragon Reborn 3:16. Dragon Reborn is a character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and the 3:16...well, if Stone Cold can tag a 3:16 onto something of his, why can't I?

As for the avatar, thought it suited the name. :P

Lee is my name, the avatar some dumb thing I did with a paper Mario mask and a Wolverine minimate.

my name is thomas and my avatar is cause i love sunfire and i had a name sunfire and i didnt relize the confirmation was in junk mail (stupid aol acount) and my name is my screen name. but i got it from PYORO T. i think its a minimgame in wario ware touched (ds) i thought it said pyro t but i dint realize for like half a year that it was pyoro t. i thought 53 sounded good for it.

Well my name is just put together by combining the Mobile Suit Gundam RX78 and the initials of my name. I'm Joseph by the way, nice to meet ya. :D

My avatar just reflects my love of nu-BSG. My name comes from a combination of my last name (Bean) and the film Soylent Green starring the unstoppable Charlton Heston.

Soylent Green isn't the greatest movie ever made, but it is a good film, and even though most everyone knows the twist by now, it's worth watching. It was directed by the late Richard Fleischer, who also directed my all-time favorite movie ever, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Also, there's a secret code in the second line of dashes in my signature line!

Mine is pretty self explanatory, and I almost feel kinda dumb stating this, since y'all could probably figure it out on your own...

Donny B is my nickname. My first name is Donald (though nobody calls me that except stiff old smelly people) and my last name... are you ready for this? ... begins with a B.

My avatar requires a slightly more elaborate explanation: I used to be pretty heavily involved in an photoshop competition called "Photoshop Phun". The premise is that you are given an image and you have to do something creative to it - what you do is completely up to you, but you have to alter it in some way. The more creative/professional your alteration, the better your chances of winning.

One of the first entries I submitted was an image of a pineapple. I worked it into a photo of a guy listening to headphones and created what I have come to call "Pineapple Head". I didn't win the competition, but there was something about that image that just stuck with me ... he has become my trademark, basically, and I use it as my avatar for pretty much every site I am involved in.

Edited by Donny B

Mine is simple. Transmetal 2 Dinobot II from Beast Wars. My all time favorite character in the show. I've never actually encountered another transmetal 2 dinobot on the net in all my years, so I am the one and the original. My avatar is from Haruhi Suzumiya, an anime I am borderlined obsessed with.

My name is pretty simple. The Combaticons were the first combiner team i finished when i was a kid (Closely followed by The Constructicons) and i thought that Bruticus was a really cool character and easily the best of the combiners. I needed a message board name when i first got on the internet and seeing as i had just picked up the hobby of seriously collecting Transformers again, i decided on the name Bruticus...

My avatar is because i love me some clone/stormtroopers...Also hence my old signature picture which apparently everybody really dug :P

SMALLSTARWARSSIGNATUREPICTURE.jpg

NAME = Screen name I've used for years. I was on a bunch of Transformers sites and everyone was Optimus this, Prowl987654321, etc. So I wanted something that was a little more distinct. And I love words that start with "X" then "y". Mmmmm ... say "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz". [DISCLAIMER]I am a video game baby, playing since I was a kid ... but I was not aware of nor have I ever played the ancient game "Xybots". So no, no relation there.[/DISCLAIMER]

AVATAR = Some of you may get it ... it's from the ooooooooold Art Asylum forum. It was one of the available avatars ... and I was into all things Marvel AND how I love pumpkins. So the "Marvel Pumpkin" avatar was a great fit. When the news came out that the boards were closing, I saved the pic for future use. Then, when all the great folks from there found our new home, I took that pic, flipped it and nega-tized it. I love how the letters look ... reminds me of Russian script. Just a nod to the place where we all met. And my quote under the avatar is a super-hard to figure out hidden message. (Oh whatever, just read it backwards.)

EDIT: Am I crazy? Didn't we used to have quotes under the Avatars? * sigh * I'm losing it ...

This has been your Xybot personal minute.

:)

Xy

ok my turn,

My real name is Lorretta and I'm a mum/grandma from Utah,

My screenname is TBT because that's the name of my pimp from the 50's and when I saw the kingpin minimate it reminded him of him.

T.

p.s. None of the above is true. TBT! because it's short for thatbloke timbo which is the online name I've used for years everywhere.

Actually, my screen name stands for Dragon Reborn 3:16. Dragon Reborn is a character from Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, and the 3:16...well, if Stone Cold can tag a 3:16 onto something of his, why can't I?

As for the avatar, thought it suited the name. :P

I thought that was probably where your screen name came from. :D Good series - I'm just tired of waiting for the next book to come out! (Yeah, I know we just got a new one recently, but, there's just a damn long wait between books!)

Have you heard anything about the comic that's supposed to be coming out soon based on the Wheel of Time series? I saw something on it over the summer but haven't heard anything new since then.

Edit: Just found this: http://www.dabelbrothers.com/newspring.html and it claims it's out now. Doesn't look like something I'd be into unfortunately.

Right well, here we go <G>

The Avatar is pretty explanatory, if you don't know what it is... just don't even bother talking too me, as you should know what it is, but if your younger than 15 then you have an excuse as the Thundercats was before your time.

Okay now the fun part as I've had a long history of nick names which as has lead to the ultimate version. When I got onto the highspeed dial-up internet I was thrilled and my name was Puma16, and I am now 21 so it wasn't all that long ago. So from Puma it went to Black_Cat, because I love cats all though the big kind not the small ones that claw ya to death and climb curtains. Then it went to Meer_Kat as I love meer cats as they are just so mint, then it went to Retro_Kat, this is because of a reference too Thundercats as its considered to be Retro.

As it goes you get bored of nicknames and in my head I came up with Totalus_Kat and its kinda stuck :P There are a few meanings to this nickname, one being Total Cat which expands into Totally cool cat :) reference back to the big cats. It also make's reference too Thundercats, being a T and to make it that little bit cooler (sad I know) change the C to a K. Thus the birth of Totalus_Kat :D

cheers,

Tk

my name was just some thing that i thought sounded cool. my avatar is a picture of in my opinion the coolest hero since captain America AZTEK most of you know my obsession with aztek (almost as bad as deadpools with deadpool) but i think it is kind of funny that i have him as my avatar and my name is crisis survivor :lol:

my custom aztek Photo2006.jpg

my name is a standerd dutch word in my dictionaire that means monkey

i was here before with another name but that got disabled by weird reasons that i dont know of

and my avatar is my favorite character of the marvel universe :)

it will be changed soon though to my custom minimate deadpool

Name: I am a huge Wolverine fan.

Avatar: I recently got into wrestling. With my re-discoverization of WWE, luckly, I found out about TNA Wrestling, which has Sting, my all-time favorite wrestler, and has been since his WCW days.

I used to be heavily into WCW, and their collapse is probably the biggest reason why I stopped watching wrestling. At the time(2001-2002-ish) I hated everything about WWE's storylines(the InVasion :(), character changes(Undetaker turns into a biker, yet still gets called "The Undertaker". Kane becoming less of a monster, just to name a few), and who they where pushing as top-tier competitors(Brock f-ing Lesnar :angry2:), which is a damn shame, as how if they would've been putting quality stuff out, I woudn't have missed 5 years worth of storylines.

My screen name comes from an episode of the Simpsons where Bart fills out a cedit card application with his dogs name santas little helper, when he get the credit card back the name on it is Santos L Halper. My avatar is a pic of the little endless which was a one shot from my favorite comic of all time the Sandman.

My name is the product of a very creative moment in my life. ;)

While trying to think of a username to join the old Art Asylum forum, I couldn't think of anything even remotely interesting, so (after well over an hour of trying :P ) I said screw it and went with "minivenom" since Venom was my favorite minimate at the time.

My avatar is (as if you don't know) a picture of the Minimate Venom, further solidifying my legend as a "creative genius."

I've often thought of changing it to something different, and even considered a new name when I signed up here, but "minivenom" IS my online persona. Hell, I even get called "MV" for short sometimes. I'm stuck with it now whether I like it or not. When fbtb.net (LEGO forum) switched servers, I rejoined as minivenom there too. Might as well keep it simple and cut down on the confusion, right Divebomb? ;)

For the record, I am neither mini nor venomous. Just in case anyone was wondering.

My name is Rad.

Paranoid Android is my favourite Radiohead song.

Marvin is my favourite Paranoid Android.

Edit: And then I remembered that I had to change my avatar cos I lost the site hosting my Marvin picture. Doh! :D

Name: I like a band called Handsome Devil (you should check 'em out) and have a T-shirt with their name on it. Every time I where it, people make comments about me being conceited, vane, etc. Instead of explaining that it's a band, I just roll with it. I guess there's nothing wrong with appearing very confident, right?

Avatar: I change it pretty regularly. It's usually Fantastic Four-related (since they're the best), but I have recently rocked the NY Giants logo...