UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Pop!

groundhog7s

I've never been a fan of vinyl toys until Mighty Muggs came along. I loved the look and mixture of characters, but they really didn't last long enough and couldn't go beyond Hasbro properties. Then a few months ago I finally caved and bought some Pop! figures from Funko and I am now officially hooked. I think I've only collected for three months or so now, but here's my collection:

100_2431-1.jpg

Am I the only one around here who's been wasting my money collecting these?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been doing what i can to resist temptation. I nearly caved for the Red Skull figure last week. . . Here's hoping they never make an Phoenix or a Sinister - otherwise, i'm done for :P

Holy moly..i didn't even know they had so many different properties! Is that a gremlin next to Pinocchio?

Yeah, they have Stripe in the movie line (along with Gizmo, who I haven't gotten yet).

Other than a few, I've passed on most chases and exclusives. I've come to appreciate who most companies do exclusives because most Funko collectors have to be hardcore to get everything. For one, they don't announce what exclusives they'll have at SDCC (or prices) and then they have a party you pay to get into where they have other exclusives available. And some of those are limited to only 12 pieces made. It's an odd company to deal with, but I love these. So does my four year old who makes several trips throughout the day to go on our porch to look at them.

I will complete the Big 7 of both DC and Marvel. So far, I have the five that were released already. I can't wait for DC Series 2 as it will have the Martian and the Atlantean. For Marvel, they have yet to announce a Comic Thor and a Mr. Fantastic figure.

I didn't know they have Mickey Mouse and Monsters Inc. I need to have that Mike figure. :D

Btw, do you open them GH7s? I display them loose. :D

Edited by warburger

I like the design of the boxes, but otherwise I'm not really a fan of them because of the "baby" look. Same issue I have with Cosbabies I guess. Astonishing number of licenses, though. I thought Medicom had a lot, but damn. The only one I really like among those is Spiderman for some reason.

buttheadsmate leaps to his feet ....outraged

I accept that the ill-informed might think that Cosbabys (official pl.)are just baby-like but that's the idea :rolleyes:

I said elsewhere recently that many 'loose' Minimate collectors throw their packaging away ,surely Funko Pop collectors keep the packaging & just throw whatever was within it away ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

I assume these are supposed to look like "babys," as well. I'm obviously a fan of exaggerated, simplified versions of well known characters. But not baby versions. Unless we're talking about this:

X_Babies.jpg

By the way--still missing 3 of those looks/characters, DST. Get with the program, already.

Edited by karamazov80

Oooh wow. I saw some of the DC ones earlier today and thought they were quite fun. Are these sold in particular stores? Or anywhere special online? My girlfriend would love the Sully and Mike from Monsters Inc so want to track them down to put them away for Xmas.

Well, the Disney ones are sold exclusively through Disney Stores (sorry), but there's several on-line dealers that carry the others. There were also SDCC versions of Mike and Sully (Mike glows and Sully was flocked) that might be easier to find and there's also a Boo and George from Monsters Inc in the next wave.

And I personally think they look way better than Cosbabies (which I was sad to find out had nothing to do with the Huxtables or even pudding pops).

They are interesting looking to me and have a nice selection of characters, but their paint apps can be quite sloppy. That plus zero articulation makes these an interesting item to look at in the store but nothing I want to collect. I did buy a Batman and Joker, though. Couldn't resist. :)

Well, the Disney ones are sold exclusively through Disney Stores (sorry)

Bummer. Are they still in stores? I'm hoping to be in the US in October so might be able to track them down myself unless they're looooong gone.

Some are still in the stores, but a few are selling out (not the Monsters from what I've seen). They're still available on-line though, so if you need someone to send them to you just pm me.

I just read this weekend the line up for Disney's third wave, so it seems like they must be selling pretty well for them. It seems there are a bunch of other people like me who are buying these (and aren't sure why).

I have the Batman from the DC line and so far he’s been the only one who really grabbed me as a ‘MUST own’.... but It looks likes Disney Wave 2 should be out soon and has Bell and the Beast, so I will be required to pick those up.

will getting Bell and the Beast push me over the edge and get me to pick up Joker, Robin, and Malificent like I consider doing every now and then? MAYBE!?!

I've seen that Target is going to start carrying them in their new reset. I need to get the KISS versions of these. Other than that I'll probable pick and choose what I pick up.

Well, the Disney ones are sold exclusively through Disney Stores (sorry)

Bummer. Are they still in stores? I'm hoping to be in the US in October so might be able to track them down myself unless they're looooong gone.

Some are still in the stores, but a few are selling out (not the Monsters from what I've seen). They're still available on-line though, so if you need someone to send them to you just pm me.

I just read this weekend the line up for Disney's third wave, so it seems like they must be selling pretty well for them. It seems there are a bunch of other people like me who are buying these (and aren't sure why).

Thanks Groundhog, may have to take you up on that, I'll PM you if I do! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I posted over on a Funko message board asking if anyone knew of what all was coming out soon (don't be jealous MMMV, she's really just some girl I know and I promise I'm really only there for the news on Pop! stuff I swear). The only thing I got was a post that was basically a wishlist (yes, it doesn't just happen here) until a few days later when the guy in charge of Funko posted this list of upcoming Pop! figures:

Mars Attacks Pop!

Disney Series 4 now under development

Michael Jackson Pop! 8 in all!

Star Wars Series 3 Pop! in development

Where the Wild Things Are Pop!!!!!!!!

V or Vendetta Pop!

Ugly Dolls Pop!

Sex Pistols Pop!

The Dark Knight Rises Pop!

The Amazing Spiderman Movie Pop!

The Hobbit Movie Pop!

Muppets Pop!