• Not sure
  3. 3. Minis you collect

• Marvel
    • DCD
    • BTTF
    • Star Trek
    • Rocky
    • Westerns
    • Future Movie Lines (Platoon, SOTL, etc.)
    • BSG
    • Completed Lines (LOTR, SFII, etc.)
    • Blanks/Promos

Maybe it should be part of signing up and then every five years there is one that pops up on the screen that you have to answer before posting or something. . . . . .no, forget that, then it would be like my work where I can't log in once a month until I verify that I still live at my address and that I haven't changed my name. I think my workplace trusts me less than anyone else I know!

Edited by gambitron

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know looking at the data, I think I finally figured out why the Rocky III mates never made it to fruition. Only 39 out of 114 of us collect them. If you figure that at best this site contains 5% of the total mate collecting collective and of that only roughly 10% of us actually responded. Only 1/3 of 10% of 5% collected these guys and that 5% is the hard core collectors, the rest of the 95% is your casual collector and would have probably a far less percentage. So through all this rambling what I am saying is, "Smurf those guys would have been cool, but DST would have lost their shorts."

• 7 months later...
Geez, looking at the stats, I'm probably the oldest one here? And old enough to literally be Gramps to a bunch of folks here? Wow, that's depressing! I mean for you young whipper-snappers, of course! ;)

Do you have buttheadsmate beat in the age category? I'm not sure he'd think that was good or not. I know I feel bad enough being old enough to father a few members here, but grandfathering would be an odd feeling.

Edited by groundhog7s

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Donster's comment is funny, well composed & almost properly spelled & I've concluded that it must have been written for him by his wife . :D

It is however typical of the stick many of us give each other here & is perhaps the best reason for coming here each day & today I decided to investigate the results of this demographic for a very important reason. My defences aren't up because I believe that I keep to the path of forum guidelines & apart from a couple of times (justifiably) I don't incur the wrath of the Mods ....I even ask after their welfare ,where they've gone & sometimes where they've been :P I'm not universally popular here & wouldn't want to be but there is one thing that is bugging me & that is where are these kids that are being alluded to amongst whom I need to curb my tongue ? I say 'I' because in my real life I never align myself with anyone that I'm not sure I know is 100% of similar mind .....I might be the only one thinking this . I'm also not having a go at any Mod,not Rad,not TBT,not Lurch...not anyone ......& I'm not looking for a fight ,an off-air discussion or a slap on the wrist....I'm just asking a question. Why does it bother me? It bothers me because I need to know 'who I walk amongst ' if I continue to walk here .

----headsmate.

• 1 year later...

Donster's comment is funny, well composed & almost properly spelled & I've concluded that it must have been written for him by his wife . :biggrin:

I just caught this and have to ask how you would know how my wife writes :mellow: She's not online like I am, she has a life :yucky: No, that was all me and no spell check program was used in my original post creepy uncle BHM :woot:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a good chance that I will reboot this poll. Its a bit dated now.

I think a reboot is a swell idea! Hopefully the next version will stay closer to the source material and the costumes will be more authentic. Let's start talking about recasting!

• 1 year later...

Ha, I am actually in a different age group now from when this was done. If this ever gets redone, would anyone like to see another sub category of kids, or pets?

LOL, I have a dog, two cats, some fish, and lots of lizards in my yard. My wife had a Ball Python until recently. She (the snake) passed away of old age. She was 28! Not the best pets IMO.

Donster's comment is funny, well composed & almost properly spelled & I've concluded that it must have been written for him by his wife . biggrin.gif

It is however typical of the stick many of us give each other here & is perhaps the best reason for coming here each day & today I decided to investigate the results of this demographic for a very important reason. My defences aren't up because I believe that I keep to the path of forum guidelines & apart from a couple of times (justifiably) I don't incur the wrath of the Mods ....I even ask after their welfare ,where they've gone & sometimes where they've been tongue.gif I'm not universally popular here & wouldn't want to be but there is one thing that is bugging me & that is where are these kids that are being alluded to amongst whom I need to curb my tongue ? I say 'I' because in my real life I never align myself with anyone that I'm not sure I know is 100% of similar mind .....I might be the only one thinking this . I'm also not having a go at any Mod,not Rad,not TBT,not Lurch...not anyone ......& I'm not looking for a fight ,an off-air discussion or a slap on the wrist....I'm just asking a question. Why does it bother me? It bothers me because I need to know 'who I walk amongst ' if I continue to walk here .

----headsmate.

What a load of bollocks ....did i write that?

Aaaaaand - i have officially moved into the next age group since i last visited this thread.

Also - The 'Minis you collect' section could certainly use an update.

No:

Ghostbusters

Streetfighter x Tekken

MVC

Universal Monsters

Knight Rider

Munsters

Thundercats

The Terminator

All of which seem to have finished up now.

And then there's the continuing licenses:

Aliens

Lost In Space

Sin City

Invincible

The Walking Dead

Tombraider

Kill Bill

View Askewniverse

I'm sure i'm missing some, but it just goes to show how much the line has done since this poll was created :P