UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thankful Contest

Lurch77

Tis the time of year to be thankful, so why are you thankful for Minimates?

===============================================================
Grand Prize: A painted prototype minimate of Ultimate Spider-Woman

post-28-0-40530200-1412786276_thumb.jpg

Rules:
1.) Remember safety first and that we are a family friendly site.
2.) MinimateMultiverse takes no responsibility or liability for any broken laws, damage or general mayhem caused in the process of this contest.
3.) MinimateMultiverse has the right to change the contest or rules at any time. This includes but is not limited to the completion date and prizes.

4.) Post your answer to this question: "Why you are thankful for minimates?"

5.) Only one entry per person, open to all members worldwide who aren't named Lurch

Dates:
Contest will end on December 1st at 11:59 PM CST.
Winner will be posted shortly afterwards.

A big thanks goes out to Zach at DST for the prize!

• 1 month later...

I'm thankful for minimates because this year was too weak for me professionally until last month, having direct consequences in my wallet and drastically reducing my purchases of action figures this year. But thanks to Minimates I managed to keep a minimum of purchases that didn't interfere me financially, keeping my collection active.

I am not entering the contest -- so please do not acknowledge my response as participating -- but I did want to post something.

I am thankful for minimates because they (along with TBT!) brought me here, to all of you. I've said it for years, but it still holds true: this forum, this 'Verse, this MMMV is full of some of the kindest, most generous, most considerate human beings I've ever met (either online or IRL). If not for minimates, then I never would have found T, nor would he have ever directed me here after the ArtAsylum boards shut down. So, thank you, minimates; thank you, AA/DST; thank you, T; thank you to Zach & all the other wonderful people who have anything to do with minimates being created; and thank you, everyone here. kiss.gifwub.pngCock.gif

thanks.gif

I'm thankful for minimates because i live in a small apartment, but can still have 200+ figures :)

Also - homestar has hit the nail on the head. This community is amazing. I'm glad that my casual purchase lead to an obsession which in turn lead me here. I've met people on here that i can call friends. I've met total strangers on here who were willing to help me simply because i asked - even though they didn't know me from Adam. MMMV is something to be thankful for all year round.

Not entering either.

I'm thankful for minimates because they are collectible that is the perfect size and has many characters that I like.

They have also given me the opportunity to meet and to get to know a lot of people, who enjoy a lot of the same hobbies that I do. You guys are great!

I'm thankful for minimates because they have allowed me to make most of the characters i'd want, in the same scale, plus the fun of quick customs and parts swapping. That, along with the endless amount of official characters that have been made (still longing for that Clubber Lang and Thunderlips, and sorely missing an Atom from DC)

But all that aside, I don't really collect any other lines, and have dabbled in some gi joe modern era/ and kreo stuff, and a handful of 1/6th scaled stuff, and 99% of my lego purchases are for my son. I don't think i've ever felt more comfortable online than when i'm sitting in the MMMV. I've honest to goodness met some folks here, who i generally consider my friends now. There have been a few times i just gave up the hobby, and anyone outside of here knows my last two years have been very tough, but coming here and keeping in contact with you guys has kept me hanging around.

So, I'm thankful for minimates for allowing me to meet some damn fine human beings, and I'm glad to be a part of this community.

Thanks for having me, your pal Nerv.

I am thankful for Minimates because of the sophistication of the line. You can mix and match the parts to make customs of characters that AA/DST have not made and thus have a massive lot of figures that help complete your needs. My love of Star Trek had me start collecting Minimates when the 3" line was released. Then the 2" line came out and I was more into the smaller size. I am thankful for Minimates because I have the ability to display my custom Minimates in my office and enjoy them where I do spend most of my day. Now with Minimates getting more into other franchises I am interested in (Classic Godzilla, Ghostbusters and now Big Bang Theory), I am looking forward to adding to my collection and having my display grow more for not too much money compared to 7" or larger action figures. I typically don't collect any other type of action figure now other than the Lego Minifigures but Minimates are my number one collectible.

Edited by Captain Paco

Not entering, but...

I'm thankful for Minimates because of their small size which means they're more affordable and don't require much space to collect a lot; huge range of customization possibilities; vast array of characters from dozens of disparate universes; and because they've given me a cool new collecting hobby this year.

Edited by squonk

I'm thankful for Minimates because they led me here. I've met some of the best people through MMMV that I've ever encountered. That's not only among collector circles but the world at large. And then when you consider just how great the actual toys are, it's just icing on the cake.

Kind of late, but I figure I might as well.

I'm thankful for Minimates because of the community that it has created here. A community so friendly and welcoming that I felt like I belonged as soon as I made my first few posts. That I could wait in line for the Minimate panel at NYCC this year, and strike up conversations with people also waiting about new announcements, custom 'mates, and our individual hunts out on the convention floor. That we have people who have made some really great resources for us to use, like the forums here, the Database, the Factory, and the Toy Store.

It's the people, man. cool.png