UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Holy !@#$, Simpsons Legos!

hellpop

I am such a Simpsons fan, and quite OCD, it was really difficult to accept the room layout, lol. I was like, "THE KITCHEN IS NOT IN THE FRONT BAY WINDOW.

But, if it were to be show faithful (and yes, I know some rooms tend to move around per episode), it would have to be twice the size (and the price was tough enough to swallow - I still need to save up for the "twice the price" Death Star). Que sera sera.

I'm sure I could probably figure out how to at least swap the bottom floor (the piano & TV should be on the left, the kitchen near the garage, the staircase wall is on the wrong side), but I've always been more of an instructions-follower than a free-builder (look at my Hall of Armor and Baxter Building - they're very flat and unimaginative confused.gif), and it took long enough to do it the "right way", I can't even fathom dismantling it for awhile, lol.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I came home today to find that my wife and daughter decided to surprise me with this set (it's been a long week, and they thought it would cheer me up)! This thing... it's something, all right. I've never put together a Lego set anywhere near this big, so it will be quite the challenge. I did bust the minifigs out, though, and they are pretty cool. Heads do indeed fit perfectly on Minimates, btw. Once I get my customs done I'll post 'em.

So I came home today to find that my wife and daughter decided to surprise me with this set (it's been a long week, and they thought it would cheer me up)! This thing... it's something, all right. I've never put together a Lego set anywhere near this big, so it will be quite the challenge. I did bust the minifigs out, though, and they are pretty cool. Heads do indeed fit perfectly on Minimates, btw. Once I get my customs done I'll post 'em.

That's awesome, man! and now I can just come over and play with yours, instead of buying one..... my wife will be happy! (that doesn't sound too PG, does it?)

• 3 weeks later...

I figured that we got the figures we did with the house (Homer in a tie, Marge in an apron, ect) because they were going to have more on-model versions for the blind bags, and I was right. My daughter will be glad to get her own Lisa. Greatly looking forward to these.

Yeah don't fret over lego BB's aside from looking like a weirdo it's easy to get 95% accurate from the feels of the bag.

Personally I can’t tell from the feel what’s in the blind bags. I tried to match the dot codes and feel the bag, but my even though I guessed my best ended up with a mechanic instead of medusa.

...although that ended up working out in the long run since Metalbeard’s Dual comes with a construction worker and a robot cop (who swapped parts with a generic minifig to make human) I didn’t think I wanted... until I remembered I had the Mechanic and a Naval Officer (from a display case) and now I just need a Cowboy and Indian and I’ve got a really funny set to display!

... but actually it didn’t work out in the long run at all because I still don’t have Medusa and need to order off ebay someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the minifigs at TRU in PA today. 2 boxes worth and they were 3.99 a piece.

I never bought LEGO minifigs bags before and I was shocked there's no code, etc to figure out what is inside. There's no way to stand there and feel through an entire box, trying to determine which is which and if I had a full set. So I just bought a bunch and hopefully I got a full set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've only found 7 packs so far, luckily they were all unique.

The store I found them at just had the typical MiniFigure display box on top of one of the smaller shelves in the Lego aisle. $4 a pack, too. :\

These might only be at TRU for the moment, not entirely sure. Sometimes they get an exclusive window on new Lego product.

Edited by youbastards