UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW I just got home from work and I almost didn't believe my eyes. This is one awesome upgrade - it's just excellent. Like getting a new toy :biggrin: GREAT JOB

I think having to look at post counts is kind of depressing. Can it be changed to just how many hours/days of your life have been wasted posting on this site about little pieces of plastic?

You feel bad about that?

I look at mine seeing low little I've posted and yet I've been a member (and fellow lurker) for 5 years...

I think having to look at post counts is kind of depressing. Can it be changed to just how many hours/days of your life have been wasted posting on this site about little pieces of plastic?

You feel bad about that?

I look at mine seeing low little I've posted and yet I've been a member (and fellow lurker) for 5 years...

Sorry, I'd read your comment, but I don't usually acknowledge noobs...

Question: Underneath our avatars there is a small heading called "group". Some say memebers and some say MMC. What does MMC mean?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The groups, post count and stuff have always been there, they were just invisible before (and will be again as per my to do list) it refers to board permissons.

MMC = MMC Clubhouse for reviews

Basically you can now see all the hidden gubbins which was hidden!

The groups, post count and stuff have always been there, they were just invisible before (and will be again as per my to do list) it refers to board permissons.

MMC = MMC Clubhouse for reviews

Basically you can now see all the hidden gubbins which was hidden!

Gubbins?:blink:

I say throw out the to do list. It's good as is. I really like the new messenger where it shows the whole "conversation".

Ditto. That particular feature makes PMs so much more convenient, imo.

And despite feeling even more like a noob despite my 5 years as a member here, I kinda like the post count under my name. It is both validating and humiliating at the same time :tongue:

Heh, I cant bin the entire list, but I am finding your feedback on what you like/dislike useful.

Also if more people can test out the iphone version that'd be cool, as I arent rich enough to own an Iphone/Ipad/Touchy thing

This works great on the iPhone, more simplistic, load times are very quick, the app & the main web browser are the same but you can choose to have the full site view in the web browser but load times are more, the only thing I can see that I can't fix is the avatars, my avatar is different if I'm in the app then on the full site.

Edited by winkerbean

On the mobile version, yes, that's what Winkerbean's avatar is. A random sampling: Mini_Myte's is an orangutan, Luke's is the pi over pie. Most people don't have an avatar though. It looks like that on the full site, when you click a member, whatever you see in their profile is what's on the mobile version as the avatar.

Edit: And I just realized that you can see yours and others' "Latest Visitors" on their profiles. Which board members are cyber-stalking YOU?

Edited by Turtle

Hmmm proobably a legacy issue from the old boards option of having an avatar and a member photo... whereas the new one seem to just one to have an avatar OR a member photo

Gotta admit I really like all the mad stuff this update brings.

The weekend will be muchos fun while I mess with it all!

Hmmm proobably a legacy issue from the old boards option of having an avatar and a member photo... whereas the new one seem to just one to have an avatar OR a member photo

only on phones/apps. Computers work fine like in the olden days BU*

*Before Update

How come I can't see who is reading a certain thread topic? When I'm on say The Alternate Universe Custom Contest thread, at the bottom it shows 1 user (me) and 14 guests? Surely this has to be incorrect. I haven't seen a sole member on any thread topic logged in since the upgrade. Do I have setting set wrong?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The "add as friend" icon under another person's avatar works opposite than you think. I accidentally clicked it, got a PM saying the other person added me to his friend's list. But the other person didn't show in my list. Went to his profile and I showed up in the other person's list. So I can add myself and delete myself on other people's lists. Not sure how many people use this feature.

Plus I found out you can't re-add a friend after de-friending for 5 minutes. I thought that was funny.