UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates 10th Anniversary Celebration Contest

Lurch77

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww BHM,

That warms me heart and make me want to blurt out like Sally Field at the Oscars. I started posting on the OLD MMV site when I was 18, so yeah, 10 years of life (Marriage, Home, Work) has matured me quite a bit.

I'll be working on a collection pic for the 10 year contest... really more as a testament to what 10 years of trying to be a completiionist for every line of minimate can create. Unfortunately I have alot of items still back in Chicago, but about 95% of my collection is in my new home. I love my minimates and my collection and hope the community appreciates me sharing and maybe gives me some votes to get one of those Gold Vorins.

Just trying to figure out how to get everything in one picture! Have some on shelves, some in individual bags, some in plastic totes, and some in cardboard boxes. I might just take it all down and lay it out flat in the living room and take one picture standing from a chair. I have an opened set for every boxed MIB set too, so I think I might have to decide on just loose or boxed rather than trying to take a pic with 2 of everything.

Edited by highassroller

Darn my utter lack of creativity. Zach's come through with the prizes, but I can't think of a thing. Maybe I could try an Unofficial Handbook of the Marvel Minimate Multiverse, but past that I got nuthin'.

So now I am stuck trying to figure out what to post.

I would totally recommend you not post collection pics. It would present you as someone who doesn't need a gold Vorin and you wouldn't get any votes. I would recommend you just post some pics of some mates on a toilet or something creative like that that the normal collector could relate to or something.

Of course, I say this in all honesty and am not being deceptive to try to better my chances of winning. I would never stoop to that level. Never.

I really want to win one of those blue Vorin's, but with all the customizers on the board, I feel like it'd just be a waste of time. :(

There are two random drawings as well (one of which has a blue Vorin as a prize) so even a simple entry still has a chance of winning. For example, everyone on this forum is capable of writing a couple sentences, at the very least, about why they like minimates...

Minimates rock because .. yada yada yada. Happy 10th Anniversary Minimates! MMMV Rules :buttrock:

^bam! took me 10 seconds and I would have a chance at a prize (if I wasn't staff and running the contest :tongue:)

And also if anyone wishes to enter but not be eligible for prizes you can do that as well, just note on your entry post that you're not in running for prizes.

buttheadsmate's official entry not so official entry DAY ONE....the poem

'Ram a lang a sing song'

The trouble with Golden Ram Vorin,

Is people want far too much for him,

So I think it is best

That I win this contest

Before I get too bloody boring.

I warn you all this will get worse ,vote now.

I would totally recommend you not post collection pics. It would present you as someone who doesn't need a gold Vorin and you wouldn't get any votes. I would recommend you just post some pics of some mates on a toilet or something creative like that that the normal collector could relate to or something.

Of course, I say this in all honesty and am not being deceptive to try to better my chances of winning. I would never stoop to that level. Never.

Crap that was the fear... my wife is already having a Sh*t Storm anyways seeing me unload my boxes of mates in the living room. As she has a "rule" that my collectables can only be in 2 rooms of the house. (Every young collector will know what I am talking about... if they marry and love a woman.... who has no interest or respect for toys)

I will still take a picture of my collection, (Too late to go back now, and I have found if she is already pissed I might as well finish and get her full rage out of her and make it worth my while. I already starting laying them out on the floor), but it won't be for the submission for the 10 year contest. I'll post it in the collections thread.

Your Move BHM, LOL :highfive2:

Edited by highassroller

Crap that was the fear... my wife is already having a Sh*t Storm anyways seeing me unload my boxes of mates in the living room. As she has a "rule" that my collectables can only be in 2 rooms of the house. (Every young collector will know what I am talking about... if they marry and love a woman.... who has no interest or respect for toys)

I will still take a picture of my collection, (Too late to go back now, and I have found if she is already pissed I might as well finish and get her full rage out of her and make it worth my while. I already starting laying them out on the floor), but it won't be for the submission for the 10 year contest. I'll post it in the collections thread.

Your Move BHM, LOL :highfive2:

You do realize I wasn't serious, right? Just trying to level the playing field a little.

I have an Idea for a stopmotion that in my head seems like a greater invention then minimates themselves but knowing myself I will ruin the idea even more then Michael Bay did with Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtlesTeenage Alien Ninja's