UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Custom: Typhoid Mary, Hydroman, Shang Chi pg5

post-3701-1281937416_thumb.jpgpost-3701-1281937731_thumb.jpg

Just finished him. Well, the cape could use another coat or two, but he's finished enough that I was excited to share him with you guys.

I sculpted the hair curls and the belt buckle with green stuff. Oh and the ears. The chest is a waterslide decal. I'd like to do another as I don't think it turned out dark enough for the perfectionist in me. The trident, belt and arm bands are from Aquaman's foe.
post-3701-1281937677_thumb.jpg

I was so excited to work on him that I have a footless wolverine waiting for his feet replacements to arrive. lol.

I'll add some better photos tomorrow after some sleep.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! I had the same thought about using Wolverine's new boots for the Son of Satan - glad to see it works! :)

The custom fell together really nicely. I was playing with the idea of making him as my first 'mate custom, so I looked into the tridents, then saw that the guy that came with Aquaman had most of the accessories I would need, then whilst staring at the mates on my shelf I realized i wouldn't have to paint his boots because Wolverine's were perfect. Then I played with the male chest from Luke's site, printed it, got pumped to get to work and realized I had forgotten to add nipples.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

What a great custom. I've toyed with doing him for a little while, because I bought an extra Ocean Master a while ago to use the cape for GA Green Lantern, and I had the same thought about the other pieces that you did. I don't make Marvel customs that often, but I've got a feeling we might never see the "Son of Satan" on a TRU shelf. Doubt mine will top yours, though.

thanks guys!

They are my first minimates customs. I've been an infrequent customizer since the first wave of Toybiz X-Men figures. I repainted Storm into Phoenix.

For the curious, here's a link to my entries in custom con 4:

http://www.figuronomy.com/customcon4/hellfire-club/

and my Marvel Legends Dazzler:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=889065#889065

Well done! I really like the decals you used and the little details on Satan, jr.'s hair! Also, great work on Hellstorm. I'm not the biggest fan of the hairpiece you used, since the newer ones have more detail and blend in much better than this one. Just a thought.

• 4 months later...

Here's a few I've been sitting on, and a few I just finished. There are a few more in the works, but I've been having some troubleshooting issues with the waterslide decals.

first up the just completed Dazzler and 80s Rogue. Longshot is missing. But he's on the bench. He'll probably be finished next week.

post-3701-1293081041_thumb.jpgpost-3701-1293081073_thumb.jpg

and a group shot:

post-3701-1293081191_thumb.jpg

80s Cyclops:

post-3701-1293081241_thumb.jpg

80s Colossus:

post-3701-1293081273_thumb.jpg

Forge:

post-3701-1293081303_thumb.jpg

And some quick customs:

Kazar!:

post-3701-1293081327_thumb.jpg

Black Widow:

post-3701-1293081374_thumb.jpg

Johnny Storm:

post-3701-1293081399_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the encouraging feedback guys!

Forge was a lot of fun. to work on. Rogue was a sorta "while I wait for the paint to dry on Dazzler" project and she turned out really well.

The outback X-men is possibly my favorite x-team so I hope to finish them out with Longshot and some sort of Madelyn Prior.

I had some trouble with the decals on Dazzler, so she may get revamp at some point. I did the chest outline in clear waterslide and the star on white waterslide and x-acto cut the starburst out as best I could, but I couldn't get precise as I would have liked to.

• 2 weeks later...