UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Statues Talk

karamazov80

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got Spidey Comiquette Exclusive today. Disappointed, honestly. Paint apps are sloppy all over, and the print wasn't even included. Here are some pics I took to e-mail them about a replacement:

SDC13097-1.jpg

SDC13098-1.jpg

SDC13102-1.jpg

SDC13104.jpg

At nearly $400, I expect a bit more than this.

Edited by karamazov80

• 5 weeks later...

There is no "limited quantities available" notice on Sideshow's site, though, which makes me think that there is still a fair number available. Edition numbers don't seem to be released in sequence, from my understanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Bowen has been working on that one for a while. Originally it had a flame base. Very cool indeed. I have a lot of Bowen stuff. I would offer to order it for you using my Bowen Designs CC membership (20% off) but you can probably do better via Diamond.

It does look pretty sweet. I actually dig Bowen's style, but his statues are too small for my liking. It's also kind of refreshing to see a Thanos not wearing the Infinity Gauntlet for once :D

There's a switch-out arm, isn't there?

Bowen has been working on that one for a while. Originally it had a flame base. Very cool indeed. I have a lot of Bowen stuff. I would offer to order it for you using my Bowen Designs CC membership (20% off) but you can probably do better via Diamond.

Gee, nice to know that before I bought Black Cat. :P That's okay, I get her under retail anyways.

I never understood how she got away with wearing that costume, BHM. It always seemed risque, even my my taste.

I still want this guy like all get out.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my replacement Spidey Comiquette in today, and I'm very pleased :buttrock:

I also converted my old TV stand (for my old 27 inch, 50 pound monstrosity of a TV that I just threw out) into a ghetto-fied statue display case :D

SDC13485.jpg

SDC13489.jpg

Gonna be on the lookout for some kind of backdrop I can put behind Hulk--preferably resembling a desert or deserted mountainous area. If such things existed, I would also like to get a city-scape to put behind Spidey. I know Luke had a city backdrop for his Dark Knight HT figures, so maybe I can find something and get it printed out at Kinkos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Police Assault Terminator PF pics were released today. Looks pretty dang awesome to me. Pretty sure I'm gonna pick up the Ex (switch-out battle damaged head). Courtesy of Sideshow Freaks:

HD pics of this T-800 Premium Format Figure' date=' clic on the pictures :

300068press01.jpg

300068press03.jpg

300068press08.jpg

3000681press01.jpg

sansre1ff.jpg

sansre2e.jpg

It's AWESOME :hi5:

I'm also tempted by the Alien Maquette, but I'm not sure my budget will allow it. . . :(

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I was a huge Ninja Turtles fan in the late 80s/early 90s, but for some reason the nostalgia isn't there. And I never read the Eastman/Laird comics. Statues are pretty great looking, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...