UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to score a FF Spidey and She-Hulk at a Walmart this weekend. I passed onthe Punisher and there wasn't Kang or Scarlet Witch. I really wondered if anything new would be hitting retail and I guess that answers my question. I also noticed TRU's site listed Beast, Kraven and Beta Ray Bill, but they were sold out immediately.

Good news: Target has these on sale for eight buck right now; if memory serves, that price will last through the rest of the month (though don't quote me on that). I picked up Kraven and the Beast there (though, sadly, not Beta Ray Bill). Almost bought the Hulk too, even though I don't need him, but the new Hulk sculpt is fantastic.

My LCS just got in 3 cases of these. Scarlet Witch was one-per-case. I got there at 4pm on the day they were put out for sale & there was only one Wanda left. The paint was a bit sloppy on her chest, but i figured it was probably going to be my first & last/only chance to find her at retail. Also Picked up Astonishing Beast. Will get she-Hulk tonight. They are all pretty good looking figures!

I'd say Target's sale is good but I can't say that $8 for a figure that used to be $6 or $7 is a good sale. And, there's never any new MU at any of the Target's near me.

Fair enough. But one must take one's deals when one can get one. Anyway, I found my Beta Ray Bill today, yay. I've always really liked BRB, and I'm glad to get him in any form. I also bought the new Hulk, because he looks so great, but I'm currently in the process of talking myself out of opening him, since we will surely get him again in a two-pack down the road. dry.gif

Found She-Hulk and FF Spidey at a comic book store; I only bought Shulkie because I'd just bought the Iron Spidey Translucent Variant and a clearanced Avengers set at the Disney Store. But that FF Spidey is pretty nice. Now if I could just find Wanda and Kang....

IMG_1150.JPG

I found translucent Iron Spidey at least a month ago at TRU. I wasn't sure if there was a variant before. But I was thinking they just rereleased Iron Spidey translucent form only with no regular form in the assortment. So that's why I found it and not a scalper? But what do I know? Not sure if it is rare but I'm happy I accidentally found it!

And I nabbed FF Spidey off the shelf earlier this week at TRU when I saw the side of it. Then sadly put it back. Sorry, I don't like the shading aspect of it. Looks too weird. And I can never find an ML FF Spidey at retail price. :sad:

Just curious, would ML eventually put some of the older figures in newer assortments like the MU line? That's the only way I figure I can get ML FF Spidey without paying scalper prices...

And yeah, I've never seen a ML Spidey or probably even half of any wave in stores.

Edited by storm 1:08

I didn't know there was a translucent Iron Spidey until I saw him either. I think Storm's probably right, he's more a running change then a variant. And I took a look at eBay when I got him home, and it looks like you can get him for only a few dollars more then retail. But he's pretty cool. I never bought the regular one, but I just couldn't resist the see-through goodness. Now we need a translucent Iron Spidey Minimate!

Now that you mention it, I've not seen an ML FF Spidey either, though I haven't really looked all that hard. I'm more interested in the MU one, so that he can join the rest of the Future Foundation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So this weekend I finally updated my MU display, since I had a least a dozen figures to pack in. This is definitely my fastest growing collection, save for Minimates. I had forgotten that some figures had even been released, or that I'd bought them, but what really amazed me is how much better these figures have gotten in the last year or two. When MU first started, it was hard to decide if it was superior to the old Toy Biz Showdown line; no more. MU's really releasing some beautiful figures now.

Kang and Wanda are still proving elusive. I saw a bunch of them at NYCC, but none under $15 (and most at the $20 mark). I keep finding the remnants of this wave, but MU has taught me that, sooner or later, everything turns up at retail. Really hope we get some Amazing Bag-Mans out there soon, though.

At least earlier today Kang was on hasbrotoyshop.com as in stock. Oddly, he was the only one available from that wave. I got mine off of ebay a couple weeks ago and, of course, found him on the pegs the day after I bought him.

And as to earlier discussion, I've gotten the Costco Quinjet. Here in Indiana, I've been to two different stores that had huge piles of them. I like them better than the original color scheme and actually like the Cap figure a lot (though I don't plan on keeping him).