UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Multiverse "State of the Union" 2009

Thanks to all the Multiverse members, both new and veteran, for making 2008 another great year. I just want to cover a few points and make a few statements about where the site is headed and the landmarks we've made.

First off, thanks to all the traders, sellers, & buyers for being honest and friendly. The feedback thread is never bare of praise and I think I posted a total of two negs all of 2008. So many of you are hitting feedback count milestones and often kicking in a little "lagniappe" (Cajun for "a little somethin extra") when you trade. Its a very "brotherly" thing to do and I appreciate how cool everyone is.

I gotta give a few thank you's to the staff. Rad, Reideen, JL, Ady, & Danny do a fantastic job around here and frankly, this place wouldn't exist without their help. Don't forget how much work these guys really do (and for no pay!). While talking about the staff, let me make one thing clear that has slid by in the past. When a MMMV Staff member steps into a thread and posts asking folks to stop an argument or heated debate, the comments need to stop immediately and get discussion back on topic. If staff posts saying "cool it" and someone continues the rant, finger pointing, name calling, etc., that member WILL be punished. If a member feels the need to continue an argument, it will not happen on the Multiverse.

Thanks to Luke314pi for all his help with graphic design at the Multiverse. He is a huge help.

I also wanted to show some appreciate for the other sites that the Multiverse has an association with. Minimates Central, Minimates Headquarters, The Minimate Database, & The Minimate Factory. The guys that run these sites work hard for a hobby they share our love for and I am happy to partner with them. Also, I wanted to thank Fujis for the Charity-Mates program he has done the last couple of years. Its a noble cause that raises money for a select charity AND has practically paid for the Multiverse for the last couple of years. He deserves our thanks along with the artists who contribute and the patrons who buy. I hope the Charity-Mates program continues and I am happy to say that the portion of the funds collected, usually slated for the Multiverse, should now be included on to the charity selected.

Huge thanks goes to the relationships we have formed with our supporters and the folks who use the support links. AFX, Entertainment Earth, Amazon, Stukakid, Sideshow Collectibles, Diamond Select Toys, and Limited Edition have made it possible to stay live, expand, and put some free stuff into the hands of members. With revenue earned by the referrals through the links and advertisements on the Multiverse, the site is nearly paying for itself. The contests put on by the supporters and members are a lot of fun and there have been lots of winners. Thanks a million to the supporters and keep using those links!

We try to keep the Multiverse a fun and exciting community for the membership. If you have any suggestions that might help make things even more enjoyable, feel free to drop us a message.

Thanks for a great year and here is to hoping 2009 is just as good or better for us all.

Shane

Well, thank u too, the other staff and all the other member from all over the world

a :thumbsup: for everybody, im glad to be part of this community

Thanks to you Shane, and staff, for brining all of us mini-fanatics together to converse! 3 horrays for Shane!

Horray! Horray! Horray!

Thanks definitely go to you too Shane.

Well done everyone on another year, this is a small board with alot going on, and thats why i like it.

I would like to thank all the great and friendly traders on this board too. I look at my 'mates and see that a good majority come from trades, so thanks!

I'm glad I joined this wonderful board last summer and kudos to the whole staff as well as the very nice, polite, friendly and helpful members I came across. I really do appreciate the worldwideishness of the multiverse. Thanks a lot, it's a very nice place to be.

Big thanks to Shane for keeping this site from collapsing on it's own weight.

Equal thanks to all of the staff for fighting the good fight against bad manners, spammers and other assorted jerks.

And many thanks to everyone on the board for making this such a fun place.

And no thanks go to bears. Stupid bears.

I don't really consider myself "Staff", it's really just a holdover from when MMMV made its debut as Minimates Central's official website, so I just want to say thanks to Shane and the staff, you do a hell of a job behind the scenes.

Thanks to all who post and make this a pleasant place to be involved in. I doubt things like the Secret Santa would go half as well on other boards, for example (oh, and massive kudos to Reideen for running that year on year!)

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Shane and everyone else here at the Multiverse, without whom there would be no MMDB. It's the sense of family and friendship in this community that made me want to give something back. There's something about you guys that makes people want to help out... to give of themselves.

Maybe it's just because you are all so damn pretty.

Gah! listen to you lot, you're nothing more than a bunch of gushing girls blouses....

Do you need a Group hug you pansies?

What?

OK... Ok...

MMV is the first place I come to after opening my web browser and my online home, thanks & Kudos for keeping the place together Shane and to the staff for keeping things (relatively) orderly!

T.

p.s. Also good to hear the ads mean this place is starting to pay for itself! Don't stop using the links up top guys...

It's been a privilege sharing these boards with all of you guys. The stupidity-to-informative ratio keeps things interesting. The Powers That Be do a mighty fine job keeping us all in line and playing along from time to time. Heck, TBT's only been banned a half dozen times this year, which just goes to show you what a happy place this is.

Good job guys. We'll see you at the Minimate Web Retreat this summer.

I'd like to thank all those responsible for starting up and keeping the MMMV running smoothly all these years. This is without a doubt the greatest website/forum dedicated to a 2" tall toy. What a following! :D

I wouldn't have listed myself in the staff there, you guys do more than I ever did, its amazing the leaps and bounds this place has made since my retirement, the current staff here are the best bunch of blokes anywhere.

Congrats on a good year and may this place see many, many more.

Modest as always, Ady! I've said it before & I'll say it again- you're the Godfather of MMMV. When you decided to turn things over, you made a very good choice in successors. Shane and the Mods are doing a hell of a job!

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't stop in to see what's happening. It's a great place to visit.

"When you're here, you're family." (sorry, Olive Garden!)