UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens Series 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for those who have it: Does the Attacking Battle-Damaged Alien have the same blood tampo as the single pack version from the dump case? Because I like variety.

fig1885llg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

The solicitation image for Series 1 makes the tampo look identical. I wasn't sure if there would be a change.

A question for those who have it: Does the Attacking Battle-Damaged Alien have the same blood tampo as the single pack version from the dump case? Because I like variety.

fig1885llg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

The solicitation image for Series 1 makes the tampo look identical. I wasn't sure if there would be a change.

Yes, the BD attacking alien warrior from wave 1 has the exact same blood tampos in the exact same spots as the one from the dump case. I just compared the one in my hand to the one at the MMDB.

Realizing that Ripley's vest could work for a Flint custom.

3QFdghZ.jpg

Sheeeeet, homeslice, I been planning that from the second I saw it. I think I even said somewhere the only thing I want from this line is those straps! Can't wait to get it, unless someone wants to give me one :-)

Considering the regular cases will have 4 of the Ripley packs, she will be re-released at Toys R Us, and presumably also with the Power Loader (where I think she was also wearing that web gear), I'm guessing these will be pretty easy to pick up on the secondary market.

fig1885llg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

Yes, the BD attacking alien warrior from wave 1 has the exact same blood tampos in the exact same spots as the one from the dump case. I just compared the one in my hand to the one at the MMDB.

Easy plug for Luke's Toy Store!

SAM_0855__12765.1409745292.1280.1280.JPG

I rewatched Aliens last night for the first time in a year or so. I found myself focusing more on the obscure Marines than before, largely due to the Minimates. Some of the poor schmucks got almost no screen time at all.

I was just checking out the cast list on IMDb. Aliens certainly has a bigger cast than the first flick but it's not Star Trek huge. There's opportunity for variants (like the ones we're getting of Ripley and Bishop) but there were a couple characters on the list I doubt we'll see.

In fact, with the characters included in the TRU series, we're already getting over half the cast.

If DST wants to stretch this out, they'll have to dig into the other two films and finish the first.

I was just checking out the cast list on IMDb. Aliens certainly has a bigger cast than the first flick but it's not Star Trek huge. There's opportunity for variants (like the ones we're getting of Ripley and Bishop) but there were a couple characters on the list I doubt we'll see.

In fact, with the characters included in the TRU series, we're already getting over half the cast.

If DST wants to stretch this out, they'll have to dig into the other two films and finish the first.

I was wondering who will comprise the second wave and this is my guess. Now let's assume wave 2 will be similar to wave 1 (8 different characters). So far we have seen prototypes for Landing Party Ripley (with leather jacket), Newt, Frost and flaming xenomorph. Now let's assume for argument sake those are paired up together. That's half the wave there. Four slots left. Vasquez and Hudson have been confirmed for a TRU wave, so they are out. Another Ripley will come with the power loader and a BD Bishop will come with the Queen (if rumours are correct). That leaves Gorman, Ferro and Bishop (non BD). Pair Gorman with Bishop and Ferro with another xenomorph (jaw openned with no tongue) and there is a very plausible wave 2 IMO. Anybody else care to weigh in? Edited by MINI_MYTE

I was wondering who will comprimise the second wave and this is my guess. Now let's assume wave 2 will be similar to wave 1 (8 different characters). So far we have seen prototypes for Landing Party Ripley (with leather jacket), Newt, Frost and flaming xenomorph. Now let's assume for argument sake those are paired up together. That's half the wave there. Four slots left. Vasquez and Hudson have been confirmed for a TRU wave, so they are out. Another Ripley will come with the power loader and a BD Bishop will come with the Queen (if rumours are correct). That leaves Gorman, Ferro and Bishop (non BD). Pair Gorman with Bishop and Ferro with another xenomorph (jaw openned with no tongue) and there is a very plausible wave 2 IMO. Anybody else care to weigh in?

There are a couple of minor outfit variants. Gorman in his dress uniform trying to recruit Ripley, Burke with his wacky suit from his first couple of appearances, and Ripley obviously with the jacket from when she first arrives on the planet could all make for some cool Minimates.

Zach already confirmed in reply to one of my previous posts that series 2 would be comprised of Bishop, Newt, Frost, Crowe, and another Ripley and that there'd likely be another TRU wave. By my count that only leaves Ferro and Gorman (amongst Xeno variants like incinerated Alien) to be made from Aliens. It's safe to say that we'll get the full cast if Spunkmeyer and Crowe are done. I'm personally more concerned with completing my Alien cast. Anything beyond that (Alien3, etc.) is gravy IMO.

Anybody heard any clues if there will be more 2-packs or if the line will go to boxed sets?

I know we've seen a prototype of Newt as well as a blurry photo showing Ripley in the power loader and the Queen. I'm really exited for this line and wanna know more!

We should see these in a second wave (unless DST has other plans for them).

DSCN01662.JPG