UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 2 Kubricks

karamazov80

Frankly, the Minimates kick their asses in almost every way. BUT, the IM helmets themselves look pretty dang good.

ap_20100523115654473.jpg

That Black Widow is beyond hideous. And Whiplash looks FREAKY.

whiplash does look freaky (evil) and black widow looks terrable

Compare the 2 Black Widows:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=979

As much as I like some of my Kubricks, instances like these (where you see the exact same character/design as a Minimate and Kubrick) really bring home the point of which line produces better-looking products.

Edited by karamazov80

There are some great looking Kubricks out there, but comparing these to the IM2 minimates shows how much better minimates are. Black Widow is hot in the movie and the minimate is one of the best looking female minimates of them all, but that Kubrick is gross! The Whiplash look really lame too. The IMs and WM look ok though.

I dunno, I dig the thought of a MK IV/VI Iron Man thats legs aren't crooked...

Tru dat! :)

T.

I dunno. I like to think of them as bow-legged. As I chick, I kind of like bow-legged guys.

But that's just me. :D

Notice: Whiplash's legs, still brown.

This amuses me.

Also, his whip looks like a spine -- like he's just ripped someone's out. That, with his freaky appearance, creep me out.

I'd like the straight legs more is they weren't half the length they should be.

Every kubric i see makes me think of Cotton Hill (Hank's father from 'King of the Hill).

Edited by Nessex

I'd like the straight legs more is they weren't half the length they should be.

Every kubric i see makes me think of Cotton Hill (Hank's father from 'King of the Hill).

Cotton%20Hill.jpg

I killed 50 Japanese after having my shins blown off and your comparing me to KUBRICKS?

Anybody reading the Cosbaby thread will know of my 'fascination' with the choice of chase figure . Medicom have much the same trend with kubricks ......this IM2 line will definitely have one (possibly two) chase figures & it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the secrets are . Am I imagining all this ? :confused:

Anybody reading the Cosbaby thread will know of my 'fascination' with the choice of chase figure . Medicom have much the same trend with kubricks ......this IM2 line will definitely have one (possibly two) chase figures & it doesn't take a genius to figure out what the secrets are . Am I imagining all this ? :confused:

Honestly I'm not familiar with these guys, but I would like to know what you think the chase figures will be. Enlighten? Pleasey?

Honestly I'm not familiar with these guys, but I would like to know what you think the chase figures will be. Enlighten? Pleasey?

It's a

Jim Rhodes in MarkII Armor

Stealth Iron Man anyone? - not actually in the movie BUT everyone makes a stealth variant as the chase, heck even minimates did it back in the day!

Failing that mybet goes on Nick fury, Pepper Pots or those Hammer drones.

T.

I actually quite like the clear "Jellybean" Bearbrick in this series myself. Usually the clears can get pretty vanilla but this one's bedecked in full Rainbrow Brite weirdness.

And I just realized we're drifting off topic again. That Iron Man one just looks... yikes.

P.S. jcastick I soooo love your new sig! :D