UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

would have been cooler as a minimate

maxcarnage

*groan* Another one of those elephants in the room I wish I didn't have to stare at. Why does Medicom have so many astounding licenses? Why, why, WHY?

Man, that is one list though. I actually lol'd at a couple of those figs. And Medicom actually made them! Egads!

I still need those damn Sesame Street and Tron Kubs :angry:

My list would vary pretty significantly from that one (Ben Linus?), but Alien and "explosing penis" Kane would definitely be on the list.

And I don't know what that Mario is, but it isn't a Medicom Kubrick.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... I thought something was off about him :sweat:

There ought to be a Best Bearbrick figures list, if only for the higher propensity for random weirdness in that line. This is probably as good as we can hope for though ;)

The fact that a Kubrick reissue of the toy as a rare chase figure exists proves definitively that the only thing Medicom loves more than pleasing toy collectors is fucking with them.

There are two or three other toy companies I could see this fitting with.

Which basically sums up what this guy knows . He's entitled to his opinion......... but no Animated Batman , no HMV Wolverine,no Doppelganger,no Tarkin........etc.etc.....no Woody Woodpecker (seriously awesome)

no Green Hornet & Kato,no Indiana Jones, no Jin Roh :ohmy: , no Lost Hurley,no Toy Story anything, no Tetsujin......no Maschinen Krieger :huh:

..........I don't stick up for kubricks too often & NEVER compare them with 'mates but these 21 are not by any means indicative of the best kubricks out there......no way.

I have the Tron set A with Tron, Yori and the yellow light cycle and would agree it has to be on the list (it is also one of my favorite collectibles ever and I am dying to get the other sets), and I have a normal painted Boba Fett and he is simply amazing, I got the Alien set with the Power Loader which is also awesome. In other words some of the stuff on his list is accurate in that they are awesome but a lot of it is, I am sure, just the figures of the things that this particular guy likes. . . . . . . . .I guess that is all my comment above amounts to as well :blush:

Different Kubricks succeed or fail to succeed on different levels. One Kubrick that continues to blow me away in terms of the paint and detail work at this scale despite my indifference toward the character is this little fella:

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http:...lando_front.jpg

I also personally love the Batman Begins Batman (better even than Animated Bats, I say! :) ), Darth Vader, "Cold War" Naked Snake, and the aforementioned Power Loader Ripley. Though these are just due to my personal taste.

Edited by karamazov80

If I got sucked into it, then so should everybody else!

Actually, there haven't been many interesting Kubrick releases lately to keep my interest up, so it has been waning a bit I'm sad to say. I wanted those recent Metal Gear figures, but haven't even picked those up due to my inability to justify the cost vis-a-vis other things that I want to get.

But when those Star Wars figures with the BAFs come, there will be much spending of money.

"Kubrick's Rocky line doesn't have a slab of meat for the Italian Stallion to punch"

Yeah, but Minimates do which why we're awesome. :biggrin:

Medicom gets some pretty choice licenses, but I think the 'mates have them beat in terms of articulation, accessories, availability and pricing. Still, I'd buy most of these in a heartbeat (especially Kane).

• 3 months later...