UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Where The Wild Things Are Kubricks

boyd

Gah! There it is -- I think Kubrick's finally hooked me!

Bernard & the chicken-thing are my favorites.

Gah! There it is -- I think Kubrick's finally hooked me!

Just like Minimates, these things can put you on a slippery slope to the poorhouse. Beware, and be forewarned. . .

I will definitely get these! The trailer is amazing too. I used to say, "Oh, I'll just get a few Star Wars Kubricks." Then when KB closed, I grabbed the Halo box set for cheap. Then I found a neat set of Mazinger Z and bought that. I got the Batman box set on sale on FCBD too... The other day I was at Urban Outfitters and almost bought all the Lost Kubricks they had because they are clearanced. If they get to $1.99, I will buy, but not yet. I'm being sucked into the Kubricks vortex!!!

I still prefer minimates, but Kubricks are growing on me, especially the WTWTA set.

Edited by hulk197

Really? I'm surprised by the overwhelming positive response. I don't like them. They're not block figures, they're sculpted 3" toys; strayed too far from the minimalist concept for me.

Really? I'm surprised by the overwhelming positive response. I don't like them. They're not block figures, they're sculpted 3" toys; strayed too far from the minimalist concept for me.

that might be what does it for me, i'm not usually a kubrick fan... having a grand total of one. I'd love these, although they're probably out my price range.

• 1 month later...

Check out the 400% guy with cloth outfit:

3705211226_7003a81c37_b.jpg

To respond to Cappy's post, I think the sculpting sometimes works very well with Kubricks. Some of the Alien, Muppet and Disney characters, for instance, just wouldn't work if they didn't have sculpted heads. However, I generally dislike the excessive sculpting on Minimates. I guess there is no rational reason for my distinction.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, guess it makes me a hypocrite that Kermit is in my Top 5 Kubricks list. So I'll rethink my position and consider the Wild Things Kubs in the "must have sculpting" category, like Muppets. :)