UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Buying Kubricks

Shanester

I found a 5 piece Kubrick set for 14.99 with 20 dollar shipping from Hong Kong. I don't know...Does this look legit or is it counterfit?

Do you have a link or something? As BHM has said before, there is the possibility of something being legit while not being an official Medicom product. I personally won a Kubrick 5 pack recently for under 20 bucks myself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=010

:)

Yeah I managed to snag those for relatively the same price at gamestop of all places.

Here I'll link it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Medicom-Masked-...1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. What are Kubrick "Chase" figures. I heard a seller describe two additional "Secret" figures that are not listed in the series as such.

Here I'll link it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bandai-Medicom-Masked-...1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. What are Kubrick "Chase" figures. I heard a seller describe two additional "Secret" figures that are not listed in the series as such.

Those appear legit to me. It says Medicom, the picture of the pieces flying apart is a staple of theirs, and I do believe that Kamen Rider was a license that they had. However, somebody else (BHM?) can tell you for sure.

"Chases" are basically hard to find figures that are typically randomly, or at least not wholly predictably, included in the cases of figures that you might buy. Typically, you will get only 1 or 2 at most in an entire case of, say, 24 blind boxed figures (the way most single released Kubricks are packaged--you can't see what the figure is without buying and opening up a box).

However, the difficulty of finding a specific figure depends on the chase ratio, and in the case of some lines, whether or not the "blind boxes" are all the same (like "Alien"), or vary depend on the "basic" figure on the box (like "Star Wars"). Some chases are found at a ratio of 1:96, meaning that one of every 96 figures (typically released in blind boxes) are the "chases."

However, if you know that a given chase is located in, say, a Darth Vader box (which is packaged so you can't see the figure itself, but has a pic of Vader on it) that is found 1 in every 48 boxes, and if you also know that Vader boxes are 4 for every case of 12, meaning that Vader is 16 for every 48 boxes, then 1 out of every 16 Vader boxes is a chase Vader!

Since they are harder to find, chases typically are worth more money than others.

(note: I probably am off about some of my math above, so feel free to disregard this post--please see earlier post for an example of my mad quantitative skills)

Edited by karamazov80

• 5 years later...