UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Do you dabble?

TBT!

:blink:

Oh my goodness homestar17, this is like reading my own childhood. Snaggletooth was my top Star Wars character when I was a kid, along side the the Max Rebo Band. Very strange, very strange indeed. That is a great quote though, I say it quite often I am sad to say. "It's a trap!"

pickle --

If you weren't from Canada, I'd suspect you of being my brother. You didn't just suddenly move & not tell me, did you? ;)

Jenny

Well, if you guys have 200 bucks to spare, the Max Rebo minifigure band could be yours!

http://www.jedidefender.com/kubmaxreboset.php

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Kubrick-Star-W...Q2em118Q2el1247

Oooh! You are such an enabler!! ;) As a kid, my brother got the Max Rebo band figures (the Kenner ones) but didn't like Droopy, so he gave him to me. At first I didn't like him either, but he sort of grew on me. Now he holds a special place in my action figures (cuz I still have him) & that Kub one is so cute!

Maybe one day I'll return the favor to my bro & buy the set, then give him what I don't want -- the rest of the set minus Droopy. :)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Oh my goodness homestar17, this is like reading my own childhood. Snaggletooth was my top Star Wars character when I was a kid, along side the the Max Rebo Band. Very strange, very strange indeed. That is a great quote though, I say it quite often I am sad to say. "It's a trap!"

Snaggletooth? Why Snaggletooth? I mean, he was there for all of, what, three seconds?

I've always been a Chewie fan myself, but now my favorite is Darth freakin Vader.

• 3 weeks later...
So after what seemed like forever, I FINALLY was able to get the Black Chase from Halo Series 1! Best of all, I won him on Ebay for only $35 =) My collection is finally complete!

0919081601.jpg

The clear "camo" (never understood how something clear can be called camo over chameleon... :blink: ) Is my fav by far in that Master Chief collection. The black is a close second, but how rare is it? My local EB Games may have it in one of those 4-packs, and if it is pretty rare, i may just have to attempt dabbling!!! :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

I am kinda new to the whole kubrick thing. Until the Lost ones came out the only kubrick I had to this point was Yoda. But since there was so few lost merchandise out there I got a sealed box of Lost Kubricks. But I am starting to like these little guys so much. I am finding myself wanting more. I am wanting to get a Ben to complete my Lost set. And I am also really wanting to get the Universal Monster ones. I don't know how I let them all slip by me.

But I am starting to like these little guys so much. I am finding myself wanting more.

You are heading to a very dangerous place with this kind of talk. . .don't say I didn't warn you. I've probably spent $500+ on Kubricks since June or so :(

You are heading to a very dangerous place with this kind of talk. . .don't say I didn't warn you. I've probably spent $500+ on Kubricks since June or so :(

Wow sounds like you have a nice collection. Do you have photos posted anywhere of your collection? So far I know I want the Universal Monsters and I need to order the Indiana Jones and I would like to get the Planet Of The Apes as well. But I am not going to spend to much on myself till after Christmas. :D

When I started, I wanted the Alien and Muppets Kubs, and a few Star Wars figures. Now I've got those and a bunch of others. My collection isn't really that big, and is too embarrasingly disorganized to show here right now. I spent so much money because Kubs just get EXPENSIVE. I spent $60 on the chest-exploding Kane (from Alien), $75 or so for the Muppets, $40 for the Toy Story 3 pack, $27 for Boba Fett, $20 each for movie Batman, movie Joker, and movie Catwoman, $100 for the "Early Bird" Star Wars set (Luke, Leia, R2D2, Chewbacca), $20 for Obi Wan Kenobi, $20 for Greedo, $60 for the Lost set, $60 for the Aliens Power Loader set (a couple weeks before I found them on sale for $20 :pinch: ). . etc etc. Actually, my $500 estimate was probably extremely low. I must have spent well over 1K.

But by no means am I the biggest Kubrick collector around, though. You want to see big collections, go to Kubrick Nation (Kubrick forum). Some of those guys are HARD CORE Kubrick collectors. Even some members here (or at least one ;) ) have collections that, I'm sure, mine dwarf in comparison to.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

I bought a few Marvel Kubricks . . . i was a bit annoyed when i bought 4 Magneto's in a row. The idea of not seeing what i was getting first & ending up with 4 of the same $15 figure kinda miffed me.

So . . . anyone wanna trade for a Magneto Kubrick?

• 2 months later...

I originally just got the animated Mr.Freeze. But, he looked lonely so I got a animated batman. No giant boobs! Would have got harley too but there is no animated joker kubrick. :(

Edited by Faust

I originally just got the animated Mr.Freeze. But, he looked lonely so I got a animated batman. No giant boobs! Would have got harley too but there is no animated joker kubrick. :(

There are Nicholson and Ledger Jokers. Ledger Joker sucks, though.

• 3 weeks later...

So I have to admit I have a few of these....Halo 3 set, a Hobgoblin which was dissected for parts(mostly his glider), a Tony the Tiger(really really wanted the Kelloggs minimates), a Prof X which may get dissected for his hover chair, a bunch of Aliens ones(thanks Sam!), some random guy that was passed along to me which I am told I have to grill BHM about who it is...all the while I pick up a random one it always amounts to the same thing...they look good in a picture but once I have one in hand its not so great.....the Aliens ones were the first glimmer of an exception....the queen varies from the typical kubrick body type so she doesnt count but the warrior was fantastic! I may have to get another one or two of that one! Then I get a package in the mail today and in it among the minimate treasures is the kubrick Havok. I love this costume of Havoks...the 90's X-Factor suit with the jacket....so visually that part is win....but there is something else...for some reason this kubrick doesn't fail in hand like the ones before it did....I cant explain it but this one looks good to me

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, Kubricks can be a bit hit-or-miss. I think most of them are pretty great once you get used to them, but those Marvel ones. . .for the most part, they just aren't that great, particularly compared to the Minimates (of course). I still like them for what they are, but they certainly aren't the best figures that Medicom has produced in my opinion. The Alien, Star Wars, and Metal Gear figures have to be my favorites. Some of the Batmen are OK, some are kind of lame. The Muppets aren't as great as I would have hoped, though Kermit and Gonzo are pretty good.

The alien ones so far rank pretty high on my list.....I am glad to not have any of the star wars ones cuz that could lead to a more invested interest, the original trilogy being a childhood fave that has carried through to now.....I like my off color oscar the grouch too....I dont why this havok has struck as a nice looking one, something about it has sat it apart from all the other marvel ones which I really have little to no interest in getting

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...
Then I get a package in the mail today and in it among the minimate treasures is the kubrick Havok. I love this costume of Havoks...the 90's X-Factor suit with the jacket....so visually that part is win....but there is something else...for some reason this kubrick doesn't fail in hand like the ones before it did....I cant explain it but this one looks good to me

Jeff of the Miniacs

This guy was one of the reasons i started considering Kubricks. Even though the Storm, colossus, Jean Grey figures semmed to fail, the Havoc one always looked great - and it is from the era that i first started reading X-Men comics. Damn, i'd love some 90's X-Fator 'Mates. I'd even settle for a Kubrick Random figure.