UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

Series 10 now up for pre-order from BBTS. I only have one "new trilogy" Kub so far (evil droid), but I might pick up the Emperor, Vader, wookie, and the cool robot guy from this series:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently BHM was discussing the various Boba Fett Kubs in existence. Well, I just saw this, and so, there are apparently many more to come.

Dig the one that looks like the original toy release.

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 weeks later...

I only collect Minimates ,kubricks & Maschinen Krieger so the broader world of toy-collecting is a mystery to me hence this question:

I have just acquired the rarest Carded version in the Kubrick Star Wars Series, Boba Fett . These carded versions ,I believe, emulate the original Kenner Star Wars Carded versions (70s,80s?) & are definitely not for openers . My Carded Boba Fett has been autographed by the actor Jeremy Bulloch who played Boba Fett in some of the movies. Consequently are autographed boxed toys worth a bit more ,a lot more or maybe less ? Thankyou in advance.

• 5 months later...

Just found that Medicom is releasing RAH R2 and 3PO figures, and on the display they include their Kubrick cousins. Could this be a re-release?

post-1827-1245631016_thumb.jpg

--edit:

oh, crap. This is the best Kubrick news, by far, since Ghostbusters, but I fear the price. Oh lord do I fear the price.

Kubrick Jaba the Hut!!!!!!!!!!

post-1827-1245631351_thumb.jpg

Kubrick At-St (?) Walker vehicle! With figures from the Hoth section of Empire, including Hoth Luke!

post-1827-1245631455_thumb.jpg

Kubrick Return of the Jedi figures

post-1827-1245631431_thumb.jpg

Plus, I see a shiny 400% C-3PO back there!

--edit 2:

After doing some more digging, it appears that these will be some kind of "deluxe" releases, and the larger figures will basically be build-a-figures! Maybe they won't be exorbitantly over-priced exclusives as we have seen way too much of with this line. Take note, DST:

(can't get a link to work, but this story is over at Jedi Defender, the place to go for you Star Wars Kubrick news)

Edited by karamazov80

Just got confirmation from someone at the PARCO show on Jedi Defender that the R2 and 3PO are to be released as a 2-pack. If any of you want to maximize profits on wave 3 3POs that you might have, now might be a good time to sell with this re-release and the Salacious Crumb versions coming out, probably within the next year or so (though it has been a year since the Ghostbusters were announced with no updates, so no guarantees that these will be released anytime soon. . .).

Carded Chewbacca:

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19418.0

After years with only the Early Bird Chewy, this is the 4th Chewbacca announced to come out in the next year or so!! Better go sell my regular one on eBay before he becomes worthless. . .

Recently BHM was discussing the various Boba Fett Kubs in existence. Well, I just saw this, and so, there are apparently many more to come.

Dig the one that looks like the original toy release.

These have all been released & having sold virtually everything I own that I can't eat ,drink or drive ..they're on their way. My question is .....What is it with Boba Fett? Why is he the popular character? I have never been much of a Star Wars fan :ohmy: & I'll add my usual Lucas-friendly disclaimer "but I can understand the movies' popularity".....so please explain "Why Boba Fett"? Please bear in mind I have not even seen all the Star Wars movies.

No agenda,I just want to know. Thanks.

Honestly, I think it is pretty simple--based on his suit and attitude, he is one of the coolest Star Wars characters around. As with many things, my other friends in high schools weren't into the geeky things that I was, nor was there internet at the time, but I was still really into this character that, as I later found out, thousands upon thousands of others were into, as well. I think there is just an inherent draw to his design and personality. But, I'm not a huge Star Wars geek, so maybe someone else here can bring a different perspective.

As a fan of the Fett, I think it largely comes down to his bad-assery followed by the fact he doesn't have to answer to anyone. After all, this is a guy that Han Solo feared and had the respect of the Empire. In a galaxy based upon the Empire and Republic, being a guy not beholden to either certainly has it's advantages and it's downfalls.

**Note - I cannot speak for other Star Wars fans, only myself......

• 2 weeks later...

post-638-1247165674_thumb.jpg This is one of the latest Boba Fett's from the aptly named kubrick Star Wars Boba Fett collection which I've recently mortgaged my house to get hold of. 'He' is known as the "McQuarrie & Johnston" Boba Fett & 'he' is not one of the 'secret chases' he is one of the mere 'normal' 'run-of-the-mill' versions. The expensive 'going for $200 plus each secrets' are either painted differently or not painted-at-all versions of the mere 'normal versions' :lol:

"Please get to the point you old fool" :(

Well the point is that 'my' McQ & J Boba Fett has pockets painted on each leg it should only have a pocket painted on the left leg :ohmy:

I have just posted this info on JediDefender as my 'maiden' post but due to my lack of a 'photo-host thingy'* I can't actually show them that I have yet another secret :woot:

*edit: Sorted that one out.

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wacky. I'm sure the nuts over at Jedi Defender will help figure out what's going on, but it may well be a "running change" of some kind. This happens with Joes when a change is made from initial to later releases (e.g. "yellow" Stalker, "Shark Tattoo" Shipwreck). I don't see how an isolated factory error could account for an extra pocket being painted on one of the legs. Wrong gun packed in, I can see.

I got a Cantina Band Member with two of the same arm. Can't remember which arm it is but I still have him and he is one of the harder ones to find from the band.

• 2 weeks later...
This is one of the latest Boba Fett's from the aptly named kubrick Star Wars Boba Fett collection which I've recently mortgaged my house to get hold of. 'He' is known as the "McQuarrie & Johnston" Boba Fett & 'he' is not one of the 'secret chases' he is one of the mere 'normal' 'run-of-the-mill' versions. The expensive 'going for $200 plus each *snip*

I'll stop complaining about the rarity of Moonstone now.

And must always remember to limit my Star Wars Kubs wish list to commons only. Always.

And BHM, how do they say in the collecting world?: Nice pull!

• 3 weeks later...

The new 3PO/R2 2-pack is up for pre-order on BBTS:

I guess $38 for 2 block figures seems high, but this is cheaper than you will find their previous releases elsewhere. I think Cappy was looking for 3PO at one point. This might be your best bet.

That picture of the 3PO with Salacious on his shoulder is awesome. As a lover of all things Salacious Crumb that will be one that I will have to search out and own somehow. Something about that little guy (ie Salacios) just makes me so happy. Then when you put him in a Gentle Giant maquette like the one pictured below that was on display at SDCC I go crazy and must have it!

post-1769-1249599261_thumb.jpg

post-1769-1249599267_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
The new 3PO/R2 2-pack is up for pre-order on BBTS:

I guess $38 for 2 block figures seems high, but this is cheaper than you will find their previous releases elsewhere. I think Cappy was looking for 3PO at one point. This might be your best bet.

Indeed I was, and thanks for remembering. I'll keep an out come November and see how this set impacts prices.

That picture of the 3PO with Salacious on his shoulder is awesome. As a lover of all things Salacious Crumb that will be one that I will have to search out and own somehow. Something about that little guy (ie Salacios) just makes me so happy. Then when you put him in a Gentle Giant maquette like the one pictured below that was on display at SDCC I go crazy and must have it!

Ladies and gents, we have an instant pre-order over here. And I never pre-order anything. hank you and good night.

You know, i never thought about buying another Kubrick after my Halo set. They were good, but just not up to my standards...too bulky and stocky. After seeing that, however, i REALLY wanna lay down $40 i don't have!! R2 doesn't even look like a Kubrick but is in scale with Minimates, and 3PO looks just like i thought he would if he were to be Minimatized; "armored," molded head, "bracelets." The only distracting feature would be the short legs and the holey feet, but i can deal with that.

Man, if i pre-ordered stuff more often and wasn't saving for Canary and Arrow Classics, i'd be all over this...shame.

• 1 month later...

Detailed pics of the Jedi set are available. Looks like the figures are supposed to retail for $15 a piece or so, which seems a bit steep even with the BAF pieces, but. . .I'll probably still pay whatever it ends up costing here. Definitely will for the Empire set.

kub-swdx3.jpg

kub-swdx8.jpg

kub-swdx1.jpg

http://www.bflv.com/blog/?p=3173

Edited by karamazov80