UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

Can someone do me a favour and tell me if these are an official Kubrick release or just a knock off ?

Basically i'm thinking of picking up a set even though i'm not really collecting mini figures anymore...But for these i'll make an exception because they're Clones and you can never have enough Clones :P

Edited by bruticus

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone do me a favour and tell me if these are an official Kubrick release or just a knock off ?

I'm pretty sure that those are KOs. In fact, I don't think that any official Clone Troops have been released yet. One is coming out soon in wave 9 with a yellow clone as a chase (they actually may have just been released in Japan), and a different Clone Troop looking more like a Storm Trooper is being released in wave 10. Check out the Kubrick section of the forum at www.jedidefender.com for more info. Here is a pic of wave 10:

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http:...6-08/kubS10.jpg

I don't like the prequels, but I do really dig that General Grievous

Basically i'm thinking of picking up a set even though i'm not really collecting mini figures anymore...But for these i'll make an exception because they're Clones and you can never have enough Clones :P

These are ,if I remember rightly, are known as Starbricks(?) I don't feel that they can be classed as KOs but they aren't Medicom Kubricks...just articulated figures. I have explained elsewhere ,but you'll forgive me for repeating myself (age!) ,that Kubrick ,in Asia ,has become a generic term for any small action figure.

Cheers for the information dudes...

Thinking i might pick them up anyway because they're Clones and they'll fit in perfectly with a display idea i've got...

Cheers for the information dudes...

Thinking i might pick them up anyway because they're Clones and they'll fit in perfectly with a display idea i've got...

Now you can get a licensed Clone minifig army!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kubrick-Star-Wars-9-11...1QQcmdZViewItem

But mine turned up in the post Saturday morning and i've got no complaints...

They'll do for what i've got in mind...

Cool. Personally, I just got my first KO Kubricks last week in the DBZ-Kubs, and I now have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding KOs. Blech:

CopyofP1010569.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

But mine turned up in the post Saturday morning and i've got no complaints...

They'll do for what i've got in mind...

Cool. Personally, I just got my first KO Kubricks last week in the DBZ-Kubs, and I now have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding KOs. Blech:

CopyofP1010569.jpg

Is that 'Flakey' ,the chase figure from Psoriasis 2 ? I love that show :(

CopyofP1010569.jpg

That's unfortunate because in my experience it's very hit and miss when it comes to KO's...

I've had some very good KO's in my time, the WST Dinobots, RM Star Saber and Victory Leo and a few SD Gundam spring to mind but i've also had some really crappy KO's...

Sorry to see it didn't work out for you dude...

I do love the Justitoys Grimlock, I must say, but some of the Transformers KOs out there seem quite a notch above some KOs of other toy lines that I have seen.

I only managed to pick up Sludge and Swoop recently but i have to say that out of the five i dig Snarl the most...

And yeah, the whole business of KO's is dodgy, some companies put a lot of attention into theirs whereas others just don't seem to care *shrugs*

And i know it's not the place for it but...

WSTDINOBOTS2.jpg

Edited by bruticus

I have just received my set of Series 8 . The basic set of 6 is class & the new incarnation of C3PO is beautiful. However......

......I love Mini-block figures ....Palz ,Kubricks & especially Minimates....I have a few. So.....& I really ,really mean this........

.....the Battle Droid Figure is,without any hesitation my favourite Kubrick........ever! It's not rare ,it's not expensive & it is superb. It is without doubt the Kubrick you need to own even if you don't like Kubricks. You need to own one...or twenty. Get one...or twenty.

Wow, really? The Battle Droid? If you don't mind my asking BHM, what do you like so much about it? I never had the least bit of interest in picking him up, but I'm going to have to consider it after seeing such a rave review from someone who has already forgotten more about mini-figures than I will ever know (and no, that isn't a knock on your age ;) ).

And regarding the WST Dinos, I would ideally have all of those, too, but they are just too damn pricey. I paid nearly 20 for Grimlock because he is so awesome, and I'm sure that I'll shell it out for the forthcoming WST Shockwave and Wheeljack, but not for the secondary Dinobots.

Edited by karamazov80

First of all it's a Kubrick by name & name only. If it didn't have the genre legs it would not be recognisable as a Kubrick. I am not a Star Wars fan which is always 'the contradiction' with my loving of the Kubrick series. This is the equivalent of Black Symbiote Spidey Minimate......delicate simplicity. Just get one!

First of all it's a Kubrick by name & name only. If it didn't have the genre legs it would not be recognisable as a Kubrick. I am not a Star Wars fan which is always 'the contradiction' with my loving of the Kubrick series. This is the equivalent of Black Symbiote Spidey Minimate......delicate simplicity. Just get one!
I was on the fence about getting the Maul and Qui Gon-'Mates anyway (I didn't like that movie, but I do like Liam Neeson and any guys with evil, red, devil faces and bone spikes sticking out of their heads), so I guess this is the final excuse for me to bite the bullet and buy the basic set of the "new" trilogy Kubs. God help me, as I hated those damn movies (in opposition to you BHM, with a rare exception here or there, I almost exclusively buy figures associated with movies, tv shows, comics, etc. that I like).

And regarding the WST Dinos, I would ideally have all of those, too, but they are just too damn pricey. I paid nearly 20 for Grimlock because he is so awesome, and I'm sure that I'll shell it out for the forthcoming WST Shockwave and Wheeljack, but not for the secondary Dinobots.

I've only really got all five because i got lucky with a seller i use regularly and trust 100% on ebay...

Not gonna derail this thread so quickly back on topic :P

Has anything been mentioned about Kubricks for the new Clone Wars Series ?

Edited by bruticus

Has anything been mentioned about Kubricks for the new Clone Wars Series ?

Not that I have seen. The most recently announced Star Wars Kubs are the wave 10 figures (from the Revenge of the Sith) and a new 5 pack with holo-Vader, Christmas Special Chewy, a droid I'm not familiar with, Samuel L. Jackson, and a B-Wing Pilot or something. If you are interested in Star Wars Kubrick news, you should check out www.jedidefender.com for the newest news.

New cartoon-based Kubs wouldn't shock me, as this line seems to be a big seller. Personally, though, I would rather see them release more "original trilogy" figures after series 10.

Edited by karamazov80

Not that I have seen. The most recently announced Star Wars Kubs are the wave 10 figures (from the Revenge of the Sith) and a new 5 pack with holo-Vader, Christmas Special Chewy, a droid I'm not familiar with, Samuel L. Jackson, and a B-Wing Pilot or something. If you are interested in Star Wars Kubrick news, you should check out www.jedidefender.com for the newest news.

New cartoon-based Kubs wouldn't shock me, as this line seems to be a big seller. Personally, though, I would rather see them release more "original trilogy" figures after series 10.

Cheers dude :buttrock:

By the looks of it in the Clone Wars Handbook (PDF) we're getting some new Galactic Heroes based on the new Clone Wars but as yet i haven't seen anything Kubrick based...

And i might have to pick up the Wave 10 figures depending on who's in it...

Edited by bruticus

Whaaa? Series 10? Some how I completely missed Series 9! I've been scrambling just to keep up with MiniMates and the Kubs just slipped by me. That's a sad state of affairs.

Does some one have a link to Series 9 handy?

And apparently, I'll have to be buying some Series 8 battledroids...

And karamazov80, if you ever find a good deal for two C3POs, I'll share with you. He's at the top of my Kubrick wish list.

Edited by Cappy

Whaaa? Series 10? Some how I completely missed Series 9! I've been scrambling just to keep up with MiniMates and the Kubs just slipped by me. That's a sad state of affairs.

Does some one have a link to Series 9 handy?

And apparently, I'll have to be buying some Series 8 battledroids...

And karamazov80, if you ever find a good deal for two C3POs, I'll share with you. He's at the top of my Kubrick wish list.

Hey Cappy, here is series 9--6 regular figures and 3 chases:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Star-Wars-Seri...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-MEDICOM-KUBR...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Kubrick-Seri...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Kubrick-Shaa...1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, a certain incredibly generous board member who shall remain anonymous is actually helping me out with my 3PO issue, but if I see one pop up at a reasonable price, I'll let you know for sure. Corndog has one on eBay, but the price is hefty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Kubrick-Medi...VQQcmdZViewItem

This cartoon version actually seems to pop up a bit more frequently than his regular counterpart:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-Kubrick-C-3P...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by karamazov80