UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it, but I am a fan of the SW Kubricks. I just wish DST made SW Minimates.

I have about 2 dozen Kubricks and about 1/3 are Star Wars. I need to pick up an Imperial Officer and Tarkin, but both seem to be rare. Vader is my favorite, but his helmet is a tad out of scale to allow for the sections.

i like them and would get more but:

1 they are exspensive

2 they are hard find

3 they come out with the wierdest characters

that being said I have my Boba Fett hanging with solid snake, Wash the stampede, and mass production EVA at work.

If you decide on buying some Kubricks beware ebay sellers using the term 'Full sets'. Minimate sellers try the same trick & it's a practise that sucks. I guess most of us realise that Kubricks often have Secret Chase items & these 'Full sets' that are offered invariably do not include these Secrets. That may not be a problem to you but beware of it. Always try & get the 'blind-boxes' they are packaged in as well, these are considered by many to be 'part of the collection' .......

.....here endeth the sermon!

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for making this new Kubrick section possible. Due, in large part, to you bringing these things to my attention, I just spent nearly 100 bucks on four figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

. . .jerks. Now I've got to go rob a bank so I can afford the others.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for making this new Kubrick section possible. Due, in large part, to you bringing these things to my attention, I just spent nearly 100 bucks on four figures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

. . .jerks. Now I've got to go rob a bank so I can afford the others.

Superb set & worth every dollar. Check out this guys auctions http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmathewt11

.....I would say his prices are high but in the ball-park,for future refence.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as mentioned above, I got the Early Bird set last week (basic, episode IV figures of Luke, Leia, Chewy, and R2-D2). It actually came in on Wednesday. That is 3 business days after I ordered it. From Japan. Amazing.

Now, in addition to those I have the basic, series 2 Han Solo, the TRU exclusive medallion-wearing Luke from the end of Episode IV, the series 7 Leia and Lando in their disguises from the beginning of Jedi, and the series 5 Jedi Luke with black glove (guy who I won the Early Bird set from included it for free!). I really love these guys. I now need the other, essential figures from the "Original Trilogy," (3PO, Obi Wan, Vader, Boba Fett, regular Lando, Storm Trooper, etc.) and I might even shell out for the 400% Boba Fett at some point.

Just when I was getting a bit satisfied with my Minimate collection, these damn things had to come along. I seriously need to graduate and get myself a real job. And apart from my toys, I am such a pragmatic, conservative spender of money.

This is not healthy behavior. They are "crackbricks." And then there are those damn Alien-Kubricks I've been pining over since last year, and that 400% Alien and Jack Skellington, and the Lost Kubricks, and the upcoming Indy 2 pack, and the Rocketeer, and the Muppets, and this fucking thing, that I'm going to spend a fortune on one of these days:

http://toybotstudios.blogspot.com/2005/11/...gear-solid.html

Jesus this is depressing :(

I think they look great and I collect a lot of Star Wars stuff but the only one of these that I have is Boba Fett and he is so awesome. There are lot of others I want but they are just too expensive for my taste.

I was lucky (?) enough to buy the bulk of my SW & Marvel Kubricks from a 'get out' collector & I have subsequently strived to keep the collections complete. I am currently negotiating Series 8 (9 figures),the latest carded toy fair exclusive (1 figure) & a boxed set (Speeder bike + figure).........Optimistically :( $750 + shipping!

It's insane.

Oh yeah ,Series 9 has been heralded :ohmy:

I was lucky (?) enough to buy the bulk of my SW & Marvel Kubricks from a 'get out' collector & I have subsequently strived to keep the collections complete. I am currently negotiating Series 8 (9 figures),the latest carded toy fair exclusive (1 figure) & a boxed set (Speeder bike + figure).........Optimistically :( $750 + shipping!

It's insane.

Oh yeah ,Series 9 has been heralded :ohmy:

Thankfully, I don't like the new films, and I don't even feel the need to get all the original trilogy figures. Otherwise, I would most certainly be in the poorhouse. I saw that Darth Maul with his little vehicle is going for, at least, $160-170 on eBay. Seems like both of the Speeder bike sets go for $120+ as well (add 50 or 60 dollars for the one with Luke and Leia).

Yesterday morning, I saw the elusive alligator-head Naked Snake Kub on eBay going for $120 shipped, and I had the hardest time not buying it. Luckily, some other fool bought the thing after it being available for a couple of hours. Otherwise, I think, in a moment of weakness, that I would have bought the damn thing. And I used to think that $30-40 for a single Minimate was nuts.

A guy on one of the Star Wars boards posted that once you pay $100+ for one of the Kubrick variants, that future variants at similar prices are a lot easier to justify buying. How frightening is that? Seriously, crackbricks.

After much deliberation I recently secured the 2007 Mail-Away Star Wars 5 pack. I received them today but I just can't bring myself to open the box so here are a few pictures which you perhaps might like to see.post-638-1214252204_thumb.jpgpost-638-1214252232_thumb.jpgpost-638-1214252281_thumb.jpgpost-638-1214252313_thumb.jpg

OK not stunning pictures but I thought you'd like to see them.

post-638-1214252250_thumb.jpg

Edited by buttheadsmate

I really like that Snowtrooper. I think Medicom scans my brain to see which figures I want and then they make them the chases! I really want Tarkin and the Imperial Officer (some say its Veers). I'd also like the Snowtrooper but don't think I want the whole boxset. I'll break down and buy them eventually I guess.

I really like that Snowtrooper. I think Medicom scans my brain to see which figures I want and then they make them the chases! I really want Tarkin and the Imperial Officer (some say its Veers). I'd also like the Snowtrooper but don't think I want the whole boxset. I'll break down and buy them eventually I guess.
That Degobah Luke makes me drool. I really admire BHM's ability to keep them contained. I would've ripped that bad boy open immediately. Edited by karamazov80

Is there really a tiny Yoda on his back? Thats so freakin cool! DST should do one like that with AOA Sabretooth & a tiny wild child =)

http://www.kubricknation.com/forums/viewto...sc&start=30

I'm not certain that there was ever anything cooler in the history of man. . .

--edit: I got Boba Fett in the mail today. I think that he may well be my favorite Kubrick so far. . .after my MGS2 Snake, of course. "

!!" Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've gotten nearly all the essential Star Wars figures that I need at this point (minus some of the cool chase and costume variants), but the one core good guy I'm missing is 3PO. So, an auction popped up with him a few days ago, and I happily bid immediately. Now, look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...I:IT&ih=006

The auction started at $9.99, and I was initially willing to pay as much as $25 ($30 shipped). At this point, with almost a day still remaining, I fully expect this to get up to at least $45 before the auction is over.

Can anyone explain this to me? I haven't seen a regular 3PO in an auction by itself over the last month, but still, I just don't understand this. I've only seen a few Greedo and Obi Wan auctions--figures that were also 1 per case of 12--and they never got over $20-30 on a good day (for the seller, that is). The same guy is selling those, as well as the Tusken Raider, Lando (also from series 3), and others that are 1 per case of 12, but many of these don't even have bids, and none of them is over $20 yet! I guess 3PO is just too popular for me to afford. This is really depressing, b/c I have no idea when he might show up on eBay again :(

(just wanted to vent :) )

Edited by karamazov80

Karamazov80 ,for God's stop wingeing about that bloody C3PO...it's not as if it's a Minimate,you know ......something important ;)

:D

Funny thing is, right after I posted this I did think, "man, I sound like a real whiny bastard," and I considered deleting it. Ah, the frustrations of toy collecting. What a difficult life it is that I live where this is what I concern myself with :)

Edited by karamazov80