UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How are kubrick figs?

Kenx

Like BHM says, they are pretty different. Kubricks have only a few points of articulation, while Minimates have a great deal more. Kubricks are also bigger in scale, and the figures have different proportions. Regarding customization, many Kubricks' heads can't even be removed without potentially damaging the figure, and you're as likely to break legs as not when you try to remove them, while Minimates are made to have parts switched around and customized.

My problem with Kubricks is that I just don't like the arm and leg designs. There's some really nice sculpting work, though. I keep two Kubricks with my Minimates: the Rocketeer and Chewbacca. The latter fits in very nicely with my few Star Wars customs, and the former is just because I like the Rocketeer.:biggrin: I also have the Watchmen sets, but I'm less enamored with them. Basically, I've used a few pieces for Watchmen customs (the Comedian's shoulder pads, most notably), and they're stashed away in a box with some other non-Minimate things (Super Here Squad and Imaginex vehicles, mostly). I'm sure you're all riveted by this information. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...