UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superhero BootLego

Nessex

Are these solicited via Diamond though? I was at a comic book store the other week and they had some. I'm sure they could have bought them somewhere else, of course, but I was still surprised.

I was at a comic store a couple weeks ago and they had literally hundreds of these for sale. I have a friend who is a serious Lego collector, so I know what's legit and what's not through him. I asked the employee how they got them and he said they pick them up at conventions through Chinese bootleg vendors. It still seems off, but I guess it's done at a small enough scale to fly under the radar.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you have a recommend place for purchasing these? How expensive are they? Or is it dependent on character?

I've used Ali Express for mine, and they normally work out about a dollar each. The more you buy, the cheaper they are. e.g. One listing could be 10 Iron Men for $10, but then there might be a listing for 50 heroes for about $40.

If you got on Ali Express, type in 'decool' or 'block' and you seem to get the most results.

It just so happened that I tried ordering some bootlegs off of Ali Express a couple of months. They would not let me complete my purchase because they couldn't ship to my region (USA). Tried with a couple of vendors and got the same response.

That said, some one is importing these into the US, not sure why I can't...

I have about 100 of these, I have always found sellers on ebay. i do a search like "super hero blocks" hero blocks" hero bricks" etc... i never put lego into in. there are tons of these auctions... unless its the brand new series, i usually get them for under $10 for anywhere from 6-10 figures. usually with a double or two mixed in from previous sets. its hit or miss, but i dont care because they are so cheap, and it takes a long time to get them (3-4 weeks usually). Its actually a surprise for me when a new package shows up. they are mostly ok, some are excellent, and some are terrible, but the good ones definitely outweigh the bad ones. I'm currently waiting on the new dc wave, with Hawkman< to show up. last month i got the thor set, with his helmet (which lego hasnt done yet)

my advice. have fun with it, don't over pay, and be patient for stuff to show up.

In New Orleans, in the French Quarter, there is a "flea Market" called the French Market by the locals. It is made up of booths and there is a lot of stuff for sale there, but it usually caters to the tourism trade. I go there occasionally because I can get cheap bang up sunglasses and the the Mrs. likes to peruse the jewelry aisles. Last weekend there was a guy selling nothing but these Lego styled figures. I cannot say if they were the real thing or Lego, but my gut tells me they were all bootleg. He had a ton of just about every character and lots of the larger Hulk and Thing type figures.

I ordered one of the Hulkbuster figures a little over two weeks ago and received it today. The plastic is definitely thinner than a Lego figure and probably lower quality, but I'm still pretty impressed. I could see picking a couple up to fill out a display.

In New Orleans, in the French Quarter, there is a "flea Market" called the French Market by the locals. It is made up of booths and there is a lot of stuff for sale there, but it usually caters to the tourism trade. I go there occasionally because I can get cheap bang up sunglasses and the the Mrs. likes to peruse the jewelry aisles. Last weekend there was a guy selling nothing but these Lego styled figures. I cannot say if they were the real thing or Lego, but my gut tells me they were all bootleg. He had a ton of just about every character and lots of the larger Hulk and Thing type figures.

This is the same type of guy that I encountered. Just rows and rows and rows of minifigs.

I've ordered a few sets of minifigs off eBay. Like others have said, some are great & others are not quite as great. Mostly, they are pretty inexpensive & fill in gaps (like Fantastic Four or Hulk Buster). I started looking for these after playing Lego Marvel SuperHeroes & realizing so many haven't been made.

I've thought about getting the bootleg Groot, since he's more in scale than the actual Lego one (like Hulkbuster), who's enormous (but still awesome).

the Grootleg?

• 2 weeks later...

I have tons of NotLego minifigures. For about 95% of them they're virtually indistinguishable from the genuine minifigures. In a few cases they've actually been better as far as detailing. Personally I love collecting them for the sheer variety and character depth they've done. Plus, NotLego SDCC mini figures are actually attainable vs they're genuine counterparts.

Gotta say I'm big collector of the NotLego as well. The character selection is great and the quality has vastly improved. I just got the new Flash set and I high recommend it. You get a bunch of great Flash comic variants and TV show Flash/Reverse Flash.

Also,as MrClean said it's nice to buy the SDCC minifigs for about $3-5 instead of $200-$300 and you can't tell the different between them.

Looks good. I'm hoping they do the Jurassic World sets too, as those are going to cost me major money if not. They already have the minifigs but haven't seen the Dino's.

Looks like the dinos have made their debut! I'll wait for the price to go down, but here's the ones that have arrived:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Compatible-Jurassic-World-Park-Minifigures-Lot-of-8-Dinosaurs-Raptors-/321782956078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aebc2402e

Edited by MrClean

I'm having trouble getting my hands on a Dark Phoenix BootLego figure. If anyone knows of where i might purchase one, i'd be forever grateful biggrin.png

That's one I never saw too often. It was in one of the non-DeCool produced lots with Luke Cage I believe. I got him, but never actually got the Dark Phoenix.

Damn - the internet is flooded with green Phoenix figs... and even a whole bunch of Poison Ivy's (Phoenix with vines instead of flames), but no Dark Phoenix anywhere. No Poison Ivy either, for that matter :(

Looks good. I'm hoping they do the Jurassic World sets too, as those are going to cost me major money if not. They already have the minifigs but haven't seen the Dino's.

Looks like the dinos have made their debut! I'll wait for the price to go down, but here's the ones that have arrived:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Compatible-Jurassic-World-Park-Minifigures-Lot-of-8-Dinosaurs-Raptors-/321782956078?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aebc2402e

Yesyesyes! If I could figure out how to do GIFs I would flood this thread with them!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...