UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superhero BootLego

Nessex

On 6/16/2015 at 1:15 PM, Nessex said:

Damn - the internet is flooded with green Phoenix figs... and even a whole bunch of Poison Ivy's (Phoenix with vines instead of flames), but no Dark Phoenix anywhere. No Poison Ivy either, for that matter :(

Hah! Since posting this i've actually found 3 different Poison Ivy figures in Bootlego. Rex's motto about being patient was correct.

Today, this little chap arrived at my desk. I have absolutely no idea what her deal is stroy-wise, as i've never read a comic with Gwenpool in it. But i thought the figure looked cool, so i bought her.
Can anyone spot what's different about this particular minifigure?

16121800_10154959184942803_46625897_o.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Nessex said:

you're correct, but i meant more the difference between this and other lego-style minimfigures in general...

It's got molded female curves as opposed to the printed ones found on LEGO Brand figures. I'm not really a fan of bootlegged figures, but I have to admit that's pretty cool.

Well spotted! I had to hold her in my hands for a few minutes before i figured out why she felt a little different.
It's a cute little idea, but her arms do hit a little bit against her hips when she's posed now.
Here's a better view of her sculpting:

16144822_10154959184937803_1553312998_n.

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the thread necro, but i need a hand.

I've become a little bit addicted to these. I now have a pretty solid roster of X-Men, but could use more villains. I've seen a big figure of Blob lurking around a few places, but haven't been able to find him on Aliexpress (unless I buy a $35 submarine that I don't want). 
Does anyone have one of these? Can anyone give me any other ideas on where to find him? I've had no luck on eBay or aliexpress.

Blob.png

On 5/11/2017 at 11:29 PM, hellpop said:

I recommend keeping tabs on a few eBay sellers that you trust and searching their items for sale by the newly listed sort.  That's how I keep tabs on new bootlegs.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a hero. Many, many thanks. I was seriously considering spending $30+ to get the set this came with.
Great tip - gonna add this seller to my favourites list. Thanks a million!

• 3 months later...

Yeah - I ended up caving and buying the whole set for about $28. So I got Blob, but I also got the Hydra sub, which i might see if i can sell for a couple of dollars on eBay.

In other news - the X-Men just keep coming in bootlego. We've recently gotten a new Dark Phoenix, Cannonball, Mr Sinister, & Havok, with Omega Red, Sunfire, Domino & Dr Nemesis on the way.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

In my limited experience, almost every set or figure I've liked has been released as bootlego at some stage.

I am kinda jonesing for the SDCC exclusives. I know that the Lego booth is popular and that people have to win some kind of lottery to have a chance to get in. I'm not counting on being able to pick up the Capt Marvel set on the afters market for a reasonable price.
Does anyone with more experience than myself know if exclusives ever get reproduced as off brand fakes down the track?

I don't think so. Usually the figures are remade, but I don't think the sets are. They released a homage to the cover of Action Comics #1, and I don't think the set was ever recreated, though the figure was. Lego's exclusives seem to be the hardest to acquire every year, and go for ridiculous aftermarket prices.