UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

lego lord of the rings

Kostisfire

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobbit lego sets are now officially out at Walmart, only snagged the Hobbit house but they appeared to have all sets except for the Barrell Escape and the Goblin King. FYI the house is AMAZING!

Annoyed that fell through actually. I normally get loads of the free Lego sets for some charity work I do at Xmas. If the papers start them off again I will try to grab extras for anyone who is after them.

Further to my earlier post, looks like we'll get these at the end of the month now. There's a Frodo set too. Again, I'll try to get extras, but would appreciate a small donation to the charity I'm working for for my efforts.

PM me if interested.

Just now returning to this post after some time. I appreciate all the info you have given! If you still have any of the urukhai left I would be greatly interested! Oh and thanks for the Elrond info now I have to scour eBay for one!

Edited by ImABarRoomHero

Have fun!

Thanks, dude! IT'S AMAZING! I absolutely love it! I've been trying not to play it

too fast, but I'm already at the Battle of Pellenor Fields! There are one or two

cut scenes missing, like the sequence in Moria where Frodo reveals his Mithril shirt.

Also, some pretty major bits like Frodo meeting Faramir. Still, I LOVE IT!

"LOOK TO THE TOWERS! AIM FOR THE TROLLS!"

The DS version is open world! You can wander through all the locations from the game, and access the missions whenever you want!

I JUST FOUND TOM BOMBADIL AND RADAGAST THE BROWN!

Thanks, man, I absolutely ADORE it!

Premiere of the Hobbit last night in New Zealand, three thousand votes on IMDB are giving it a score of

9.2 out of 10! It's gonna ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!!

The wine barrel set will be an exclusive as lego listed it "hard to find". Probably target, maybe toys r us.

I was at toys r us and spotted the hobbit elf gaurd poly bag set. Neat set, but it lacks elf ears which bothered me a bit.

It's a TRU exclusive. Glad I found them for the BOGO 50% last week. I got two of each to make it more reasonable.

What's this retailing for? I tend to be behind on my Lego 360 games because I don't want to pay more than $20. I actually just picked up Year 5-7 Harry Potter for $10 at Target last week.

• 2 weeks later...

The Barrell Escape wasn't hard to find at all. It was one of the first ones I got.

What I couldn't find at any TRU within 40 miles of me for the BOGO sale was Bag-End.

I was gonna get that & the Goblin King Battle with the sale. :confused:

I just found "Unexpected Gathering" at Target this weekend, and grabbed it there, but I'm still missing the most expensive set. Which, is actually $10 below MSRP* at Target, FYI. Not a sale, regular shelf price.

Still missing the three most expensive sets from the LotR line, too. :confused:

But at least I have 3 Uruk-Hai Army sets to make the Helm's Deep wall longer whenever I get it, lol. :biggrin: (Which, is also, like, regularly $15 cheaper than MSRP* at Target.)

*Based on Lego.com's prices, which except for the lower ones I mentioned, are matched. TRU charges above MSRP (but with the BOGO sale, the second set was significantly less - I really hope they bring that back soon).

• 1 month later...

Loving the LOTR Hobbit sets! Now officially a completist with these, plus plenty of Uruk-hai sets. For anyone else, here are some leaks of the upcoming sets.

There were some pics, but looks like they pulled them. Also, there are still hints of a Balrog/Gandalf set. I'm just pumped for the Mouth of Sauron!

79005 The Wizard Battle … a small set featuring Gandalf The Grey, Saruman and Eye of Sauron (which appeared to be a special minifig head, although no idea on details as it wasn’t actually there … just an artists impression!). Price point £11.99.

79006 The Council of Elrond … there’s a sort of building and a table, around which I assume the council can gather. Features 4 minifigures, Elrond, Arwen, Frodo and Gimli. Price point £29.99.

79007 Battle At The Black Gate … an impressive looking black castle type thing, featuring 5 minifigures, Aragorn, Gandalf The White, Mouth Of Sauron and 2 Mordor Orcs. Price point £59.99.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush … a rather large pirate ship, although the deck is quite sparse. PLENTY of minifigures though … Aragorn, Legolas Greenleaf, Gimli, King Of The Dead, 2 Soldier’s Of The Dead, Pirate of Umbar (which I believe was played by Peter Jackson himself in the film) and 2 Mordor Orcs. Price point £89.99.

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! So awesome!! When are they coming out? "Summer"? I wonder if we're getting any new Hobbit sets any time soon.

I got my tax refund Friday, and spent all weekend building the last three sets. I am so in love with Helm's Deep, it's not even funny, lol.

Edited by TENIME_art