UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.......they're few & far between outside of Japan . I have duplicates of many of the lines & I really need to start getting serious about moving some of them on.......in fact I just sold a basic Matrix set to someone whistling.gif

oh Matrix say you? Those are awesome, whoever got those was a lucky guy! Several more lines I would like to get, I mean, I'm sure he would like to have.

There was a store called ShopLife, or something like that that had a fair amount of Kubricks--even the elusive Batman Begins set at one point, which I never saw for sale anywhere apart from eBay. But I can't find the link, and don't remember the exact name.

• 3 weeks later...

Kubricks aren't totally dead yet!

g2959c151.jpg

Although, this is a simple rehash of an existing figure, so I don't know if it's much to get excited about. 1 or 2 re-released Star Wars figures every year aren't great, but could be worse!

Those MA Kubricks are very nice. I think BHM has/had a fondness for those, but I may be mistaken.

I am seriously considering one of these Scopedog figures from Koto, but I am not sure of scale yet. http://www.hlj.com/product/kbykp-331

I have a pretty reasonable collection of Maschinen Krieger toys ,notably the early Nitto kits which I'd love to think that I could actually make '

The kubricks are nice but they're not as nice as some of the non-articulated stuff around .

Maschinen Krieger is addictive especially once you've got your head around what it' s all about .........tons of licences have nicked the idea .

Technically not Kubrick-related, but robot mode here actually looks pretty great:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10909&mode=retail

If these were transforming Kubricks of some kind, I would probably buy them.

While they don't technically transform, I'm pretty damn sure the Be@rbrick does come apart and snaps into addintional parts to make the Autobot.

Those MA Kubricks are very nice. I think BHM has/had a fondness for those, but I may be mistaken.

I am seriously considering one of these Scopedog figures from Koto, but I am not sure of scale yet. http://www.hlj.com/product/kbykp-331

That is frakkin' cool. Looks like the mech is just over 4", which would put the pilots at roughly 2" (just eye-balling it, here). $30 for a 4" figure seems a lot, but I'm suspecting one will find its way into my collection. So thanks for that, Shane.

Edited by Cappy

they don't technically transform. . .

Well they lost me at that, then. A Transformer that transforms by snapping and unsnapping parts is just slightly better than Transformers that don't transform at all. . .and I've got no use for those whatsoever.

I have a pretty reasonable collection of Maschinen Krieger toys ,notably the early Nitto kits which I'd love to think that I could actually make '

The kubricks are nice but they're not as nice as some of the non-articulated stuff around .

Maschinen Krieger is addictive especially once you've got your head around what it' s all about .........tons of licences have nicked the idea .

But as Kubricks (since this is the Kubrick thread), Ma.Kub are my favorite Kubricks of all. Period. When they were new, they were reasonably easy to collect. And a Minimate head settled inside the armor looks great.

But as Kubricks (since this is the Kubrick thread), Ma.Kub are my favorite Kubricks of all. Period. When they were new, they were reasonably easy to collect. And a Minimate head settled inside the armor looks great.

Yeah I cant wait to get them all!

and on a side note...I very much dislike Be@rbricks. no thank you.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Is there a website similar to minimatedatabase (Hail Ivan!) where I can find comprehensive info and checklists about Kubricks?

I want to know if I can form the Big 7 of both Marvel and DC as well as recreate the X-Men 1 cover of Jim Lee.

Thanks!

I can tell you off hand that not all those X-characters got Kubricks. Beast, Psylocke, and Rogue didn't happen. No Thor or Hulk from Marvel. We only got a handful of DC Kubs. Movie versions of Bats and foes, Superman Returns, and comic Batman figures were made, but nothing else I can think of from DC unless you like Be@rbricks.

Here is as comprehensive a list as I know of:

http://www.zachd.com/kubricks/kubricks.html

Kubrick Nation was a Kubrick forum but I don't think it's operational anymore. Best approximation is probably Jedi Defender, which focuses on Star Wars.

Edited by karamazov80