UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2010 is shutting down

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we still sign up? The deadline seems to be in 2009? Does anyone have a time machine that I can borrow?

The post directly above this one said there are still a couple of days to sign up...

T.

I know. I was making, what I thought was, a humorous attempt to point out that in the first post of the thread it has the deadline listed as 11/25/2009. We really need a sarcasm emoticon.

All I can say is that hopefully you all get the BTTF Delorean from your Santa so you can participate. :)

Edited by groundhog7s

I'm away for a month & look what I almost missed! Good thing I checked in when I did. :)

I'm so excited to find out who I get!

I'm calling a close on any more participants and will begin sending out e-mails now. It should be pretty easy since all I plan on doing is giving my address to all 27 members who signed up. Make sure you check your e-mail tonight to see who you're buying for and if you don't get one just let me know.

Last update for the night to say that all e-mails have been sent, so if you didn't get one check your spam folder or pm me. And just so you know, with the exception of some special situations everyone was matched randomly.

And one last thing. If you need any kind of additional info from the person you're buying for, I'll gladly e-mail them on your behalf if you need it. Other than, have fun with this.

The answer you seek:

I'm calling a close on any more participants and will begin sending out e-mails now. It should be pretty easy since all I plan on doing is giving my address to all 27 members who signed up. Make sure you check your e-mail tonight to see who you're buying for and if you don't get one just let me know.

Looks like someone is doubling up this year.

I Guess you arent awake yet? It being an odd number doesn't actually mean someone has to double up!

I don't think Grannyhog would simply create pairs as that would make guessing no fun at all ;)

T.

Looks like someone is doubling up this year.

I Guess you arent awake yet? It being an odd number doesn't actually mean someone has to double up!

I don't think Grannyhog would simply create pairs as that would make guessing no fun at all ;)

T.

Yeah, no one is Santa to the person who is their Santa.

Sorry, I guess what I mean was someone will be sending 2 gifts as there is an uneven number.

:confused:

No, 27 names were put in hat so 27 people could pull out a name. It really didn't matter if it was even or odd. Now if it had been a fraction, that would have confused me.

I guess my failure is that I don't understand how this is organized. I was thinking it went:

A to 1

B to 2

C to 3

ect. But now that I'm looking at that it obviously can't work, and since people are both giving and receiving, and they aren't going back and forth with each other, an uneven number doesn't matter.