UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Necessary Redos / Popular Redos

Valo487

I would hope that any redone Carnage would come in the exact same color red. I would definitely want to be able to add any of the "bulked" up pieces to the original and a different shade of red would ruin that IMO.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An updated Leader with sculpted shoulderpad-collar piece would be nice. He should come with two heads, the long head similar to the first release, and an alternate "popcorn" head

I would love to see the Astonishing X-Men done proper (especially Beast, and a John Cassady Wolverine with very short mask) but it seems unlikely now since we're beginning to see a lot of the San Fransisco costumes, which only have some minor alterations from the Astonishing versions. But in my mind, the Cassady-designed Astonishing costumes are much better, the San Fransisco costumes are too faux-90's for me.

It'd like to see him re-released just to see how they handled him now, but i still think the wave 2 one is pretty close to perfect.

Hmmm... How about a black blank torso with red sculpted pieces that go on the chest and arms? The arms would be a solid red and the legs/mask would be the only areas that would need tampos. The feet/crotch pieces can be blank red.

Carnagemmidea0001.png

The torso would be a slip-on piece with small, sculpted tentacles sticking out of the back/shoulder area. The claws could be sculpted with small indents to apply black paint.

The problem with Carnage is how expensive he'd be to produce. We've been told a LOT that paint costs so much more than sculpting, and look at what that did to Spider-man; we can't even get full web-wrapping on his arms. Carnage needs detail literally on every side of his body, and anything less just looks cheap and would leave us unsatisfied. :confused:

Doctor Octopus, preferably one who can wear his tentacles without them always falling off

Luke Cage

Absorbing Man (maybe a more bulked-up redo?)

I want to say "Carnage," because the original is kind of pricey and it's been awhile since he was released, but the Minimate we already have of him is satisfactory, so we don't really need a new Carnage.

Re: Carnage, that slip on part from movie transformation Venom was exactly what Brad Redfield was getting at, aye?

DST has surprised me before, but I can't see a better Carnage ever being made now, but can certainly understand guys wanting a new one, he isn't too easy to track down these days.

Y'know, if DST want to throw in a pair of beautifully tampo'ed C3 style feet with any new release, then I shall be eternally grateful.

A few have come to mind.

Domino

Kitty Pride

The White Queen

Mystique

Lady Deathstrike

Iceman (maybe with his 90's look?)

Shatterstar

CARNAGE (the old one is still Great, but he needs a modern touch- Removable mask, Chaotic sharp tendrills/hands)

ULTRON

oh, and most of all ;)

Wolverine (All of them. AGAIN)

Edited by Marquis de Carabas

A few have come to mind.

Domino

Kitty Pride

The White Queen

Mystique

Lady Deathstrike

Iceman (maybe with his 90's look?)

Shatterstar

CARNAGE (the old one is still Great, but he needs a modern touch- Removable mask, Chaotic sharp tendrills/hands)

ULTRON

oh, and most of all ;)

Wolverine (All of them. AGAIN)

Well, the Iceman we got way back in one of the earlier waves with Firestar is technically 90's Iceman, at least if you ask me, he has that very 'Jim Lee' look to him. Now if we got a De-Iced Iceman here maybe to go with it...

Do different eras count as redos? I'm not being facetious, I always considered them as a bit of a middle of the road kind of thing. I guess when I think of redos I'm thinking of the same look updated, like a bulked up Abomination as opposed to Jim Lee Cyclops compared to Astonishing Cyclops.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a wave full of Spidey villains. I didn't buy the first waves and they are pretty expensive now.

At least a new Carnage, Chameleon, and Sandman since I'm missing those three myself.

A Spider-man Gauntlet wave would be awesome and would give us much needed updates:

Kraven (w/ Sasha or Ana as variant)

Sandman

Lizard (Shed version)

New Rhino

Mask-less Electro

Both red and green Vultures

Chameleon (as Harry Osborn)

Mysterio?

Doc Ock

Between LCS and TRU, they could be paired with new Spidey variations:

Cassandra Webb

Arana

Maddie Franklin

Halloween costume Spidey

Red or White Big Time

etc.

Sandman with alternate pieces could be the LCS army builder. A guy can hope, right?

this isnt exactly about redo's but with Amazing Spiderman coming to its close at issue 700...i would love to see some thing minimate to honor the series's run, whether its modern characters (Madame Web 2, Hob Goblin (Phil), Doc Ock (in his ends of the earth suit)) or classics (Hammerhead, new Sandman, Molten Man, etc)

I'd like Madame Web 1 long before 2. Or just pretend 2 doesn't exist.

Give me a new Carnage, a Cardiac, a new Hobgoblin, Jackal, and Kaine if we're getting Spidey villains. I'm fine with movie Sandman(men) as a forced comic version; swap the face if you want it even more accurate.

I can't imagine we'll get another Spider-man wave any time soon though; we just got wave 47 (side-note, it does not feel like that was the most recent wave.)

• 7 months later...

Ghost Rider, I don't need a bike although it would be a bonus. He definitely has to be a player in the Best of 3 wave.

AIM & Hydra soldiers - because they're getting overrun by all the Shield releases recently, and not all of us army-built them at BHM quantities.

I think Hydra Soldier can be upgraded for sure. I loved the AIM soldier, he's perfect as is, but whatever it takes to get more out there!