UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spider-Man 1/2 Discussion

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still hate it and I just puked up my breakfast. There's still no waistband. That belt of red is only in the back. Ugh.

• 4 months later...

looks a bit like one of the those big thick guys from the old super mario film.

in all seriousness, quite nice, the more traditional humanoid approach. not sure why he is wearing a lady's top though.

still very much looking forward to this, brilliant cast, and little things like not being 100% on the costume don't bother me (and it looks a lot nicer in motion).

... it is a shame all the internet warriors out there have so much sand in their vaginas about a few stills. I've no doubt this film will surprise a few people, while of course others have already made their minds up.

I own no vagina to have sand in.

But I do hate the suit. Why? Because there are darn few superhero costumes that can be translated into the real world with little or no alteration and still "work". Superman has one of them, Linda Cater proved that if you find the right woman Wonder Woman's is another. And aside from the weird material, Rami showed Spider-Man to be in that number as well. This one keeps the weird material, but adds elements of the Ben Riely Spider-Man design and other elements like legs lines that just look... odd. It wasn't broken. There was no need to "fix" it.

However, I was also never a fan of organic web shooters, or making MJ his High School crush.

And I like the Pez Lizard. It was McFarlane who changed the Lizard's head's appearance from a lizard to a gator/raptor hybrid creature. His "snout" was usually drawn much short up to that point, without the huge drool covered fangs.

So no, no saying the movie will suck, but the costume redesign does.

fair play, Miry

my sandy vagina targets were really only those who took one look at the suit way back when, and decided they wouldn't like the film. We've all seen the internet, we know the type!

that said, while I do think the new costume is a bit dodgy, I certainly don't get the level of hate is has been getting from everyone, everywhere. It is red and blue (predominantly in the right place), with a big black spider on it... I know its not perfect but the official publicity shots of Garfield just scream Spidey to me.

I think (which is probably the wrong approach when talking about internet fandom) that when the costume was shown and it was such a different take on Spidey's red & blue suit instead of the desired effect of "this is going to be the Spidey you love, with some cool new elements" what they got was "If they screwed this up, what else did they mess up in the rest of the movie?" Early Rami film publicity shots had Spidey in the traditional looking Spidey costume (again in some very weird, where the heck did a high school grade find it, let alone make it into a costume himself, material) and it set a good tone with fandom.

But to quote Miller- That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

that is a good point I'd not really considered, though it does still support the notion that comic book guys are big negative nancys when it comes to jumping to conclusions :tongue:

I also have to admit to doing the same with X-M:FC. To think, up to a couple of months before release I had no intention to go and see it. Wonderful film.

the very first images 'leaked' of the new suit were the from filming, and they came out telling everyone it would look v.different by the time it made it to the screen... we had that short trailer a while back, but it didn't show Pete costumed up, right? I do hope we get a proper look soon.

I was hoping for pants!

We are now faced with two uncomfortable possibilities: either we're going to be "treated" to another Dr. Manhattan situation or the long tail is compensating for something. either way >>shudder<<

Of course, for the first Spider-Man movie he fought a green Power Ranger, this time out he's fighting a Sleestak.

There.

I said it.

Half the board were thinking it anyway.

B)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...