UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

Went to my local CostCo and found the Quinjet this weekend. It's not for me - but it's nice to see MU being stocked in Australia.

Aside from my LCS who imports them, i haven't seen a wave at retail since 7 (Black Widow, Luke Cage, etc...)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the hunt is over-- sorta. I found Kang and Wanda today, but both Kang's legs look like they're going to snap off at the peg at that little mid-thigh cut (I don't really know why they put that cut there). Worse, his left leg has a right shin, so his calf muscles facing out.:unsure: He'll do until I can find another one and replace him.

Hey, any of you Marvel collectors need the last wave of Iron Man 2 comics figures? The HTF set with Mandarin, Ultimate Iron Man, War Machine, and Whiplash? I just found them at a local independent toy store for... and this killed me, considering what I paid for Mandarin... five bucks each. Be happy to pick them up for anyone that needs them (assuming we're all still standing after MEGASTORM!)

I found and tried to get Kraven, Beta Ray Bill, White Spidey and new Spidey yesterday, but 1) Walmart wouldn't honor online ads and 2) I ran out of money because of that. Of Well.

Thinking that I could get a MU BRB to replace my ML one. They seem to have the same articulation.

That really stinks they won't honor those. For a company that promotes price matching alot, they have some really strict rules.

I noticed BBTS is soliciting the next wave with Blaastar, Prof. X and Jubilee and the new 3 packs (though not many details on some like West Coast Avengers). Hopefully next year sees more releases and not just a bunch of movie product.

Thinking that I could get a MU BRB to replace my ML one. They seem to have the same articulation.

The ML articulation is definitely better, but the MU figure is pretty close so you could probably get most of the poses you want out of it. The real difference is the awful MU hips.

I need two of those Professor Xs. One for a G.I. Joe custom (I love that it's the same body as the SDCC Destro), and one just to have a Professor X (since I cosplay him).

Anyone else here not necessarily collect the line, but get these just to supplement their G.I. Joe collection? I've got movie-Hawkeye/Widow & Commander Rogers for my Joes, movie-Hogun standing in as the Joe samurai "Budo", and movie-Whiplash, mohawk Storm (had to re-buy her, since I'd sold my first one when I gave up trying to collect the line) & Kraven for my Dreadnoks.

Actually, when I started the line when it began it was just because it was in the same scale as Joes. I'm a sucker for anything 3 3/4" scale and the big selling point was having a Cap with my Joe troops. I'm just as excited to have Jazwares doing Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter to go with the Joes also.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the next set of figures at my LCBS: Blastaar, Jubilee, and Charles Xavier. Looks like those are the only three in the wave, based on the cardback. Weird. Anyway, I passed on them all, since I hate paying inflated comic book store prices for these. But they did have an Amazing Bag Man, which I snapped up, before realizing that he probably shipped with that wave and that I paid inflated comic book store prices for a figure I might be seeing all over the place next week. Oh well, he's too cool to risk. And I'll probably buy a second to turn into a Minimate; the bag's not removable, but I think I can get the head off without too much of a problem.

Geez, Chompah Face, yah cann't read? It's Blastaar, evil warlord of the Negative Zone, FF foe, and Annihilus' rival for control of the Zone. HP just wrote it in the post above yah.

Bravestar was a Filmation cartoon about a sci-fi western planet protected by Marshal Bravestar and his shotgun wielding robo-horse Thirty/Thirty that aired in the late 80's.

A Mockingbird MU figure???? *SQUEE*

No pics yet. Hopefully this sells well enough to get AA/DST's attention :)

Yeah, kinda not believing Chuck's claim that the WCA has never come up.

Finally scored Wanda and Kang today... for... my... kids, since I-don't-collect-that-scale... :confused: