UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ReWatching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

nate_studio

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who participated in rewatching season one! Special thanks to TM2 and Miry for joining me every step of the way.

I think we should wait until season 2 is on Netflix before talking about it here. That way we can rewatc the episodes at the same time and don't have to worry about spoilers. I think there are old EMH threads we could revive in the meantime for the first run through of season 2. Either that or I just won't add anything to the index until we can rewatch and discuss each episode together.

• 7 months later...

Okay, just a heads up. Season 2 is on Netflix, so I plan on starting up the reviews again here in another few weeks. So if you haven't seen season 2 yet, watch it so we can discuss it together.

Also, for those of you lurking, y'all are more than welcome to join in this time. XD

Season 2 was half a great season, and then half a season of good ideas poorly executed. Darn you, Loeb.

• 3 months later...

Sorry, sorry. Okay, UDP lit a fire under my butt. I figure we can watch season 2 of EMH while we're watching JLU as well, considering that Marvel used what worked for DC and ran with it. Really nice.

So, season 2 watch along for Avengers EMH will follow the same schedule as JLU. Just like season 1 we can break it down with each episode, and discuss predictions, wished, hopes, sit in on the Miry conference. tongue.png If you find any scenes that you really like, LMK and I'll work on something extra special.

Would y'all like to do 1 episode a week or 2? We could run a Wed-Wed schedule. I find viewings on Mon/Thur worked really well for me season 1. Anyways, Discuss the discussion. I know the series in on Netflix, and the DVDs just came out. I also know a few sites that have them on there if people need some other venue.

4c575237d66b5.jpg

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 watch-along

Week 1: April 10th 2013 - April 17th 2013

Episodes:

1) The Private War of Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom's forces attack the Avengers and the Fantastic Four, kidnapping the Wasp and the Invisible Woman. As the other heroes defend New York City against Doom's army of robots and attempt to rescue their female partners, they can't help but wonder exactly what goal Doom hopes to achieve via this seemingly random and pointless attack.

Based on Avengers #25 and Avengers #154-156.

Introducing characters: Doctor Doom

And if y'all do want to do a second one...

2) Alone Against A.I.M.

Acting Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. Maria Hill and Tony argue about the idea of the Superhero Registration Act. Meanwhile, A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme unleashes Technovore, providing a distraction for an armorless Tony while the A.I.M. agents fight Black Panther, Captain America, and James Rhodes (now in his War Machine armor) in an attempt to steal Stark Industries' technology.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• 6 months later...