UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Red Dwarf Minimates

I would love to have minis of the classic Sci Fi BBC show Red Dwarf. I've played around with some ideas to make Dave Lister. Thought maybe the hair from AOA Sinister would work. Rimmer doesn't seem like he'd be that difficult. Kryten and The CAT are the other two characters that I would love to see. Anybody have ideas or possibly wanna make and sell me at least a Dave Lister looking minimate? And while I'm asking for things, has anyone made a Captain Boomerang (First One) from the DC universe?

There are so many possibilities from a Dwarf property, and that's just with Cat's wardrobe alone.

My Top Five Box Sets would be

Furry Mascot crew

The Lows Crew

The Highs Crew with extra bloody robes

Lister's Gelf Wedding

Despair Squid Hallucination team

Vehicles/Playset

Starbug Front/cockpit with Kachanski

Middle/Dining area with Ace Rimmer

Back/Lister's Bunk with Lister in pink frilly bathrobe

All three can be connected for a full Star Bug Mk 2 vechile

I think Winston from Real Ghostbusters can provide the Hair for Cat. Any ideas for Dave Lister's face? I'm going to ask my art school friend to make me a Starbug or Blue Midget in Minimate scale, i will post pics when he's done. I wish DST was a bigger company, so more licenses could get stuff made. Any ideas for Wardrobe for anyone, maybe classic BSG has some outfits for Cat.

I think Winston from Real Ghostbusters can provide the Hair for Cat. Any ideas for Dave Lister's face? I'm going to ask my art school friend to make me a Starbug or Blue Midget in Minimate scale, i will post pics when he's done. I wish DST was a bigger company, so more licenses could get stuff made. Any ideas for Wardrobe for anyone, maybe classic BSG has some outfits for Cat.

The BSG Classic stuff might work, as-well-as the miniseries variant Baltar. Realistically the best sources of wardrobe would likely be from the movie and television lines. Back to the Future, 24, and the Spirit has a pretty good range of possibilities. Specific mates might include Playboy Stark from the Hostile Takeover box set and, now that I think about it, wasn't there an episode where Cat wore a coat and suit that was a lot like the one on the Octopus mate from the Spirit set?

Of course the orange jumpsuits from BSG or the Silence of the Lambs sets would work for the episode where the crew went back in time discover the truth behind the wedding photo in Kachanski's locker.

• 2 weeks later...

Cat

"But a man made from dandruff? it will never work, the first time you take a shower with medicated shampoo you'll disappear!"

I'm unsure about these as Minimates, i think those that love the show and watch it but also collect minimates could be a % and too little to sell at mass retail.

Although having said that the way forward is if the new show relaunches the series they'd have to jump in there while the Iron's hot. :biggrin:

I'd like to get a Red Dwarf crew and a small selection of characters they met in the series. :)

• 1 year later...