The Avengers movie

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Joss Whedon so I am excited for this. I think Renner would make a great Hawkeye and Ruffulo would be good as Banner although I still think Eric Bana wa good for that part and still would be (even though his hulk movie was crappy).

Renner should be an awesome Hawkeye. Hopefully this will be enough to convince Sideshow to release a comic Hawkeye PF. That would be a centerpiece of my collection, for sure.

• 7 months later...

This seemed like a good time to revisit this thread. It looks like the main villain for the Avengers movie has been picked and it's none other that..............Loki!

Check out the link.

Here's another confirmation and some news on a teaser trailer.

And it seems Loki will be transporting / supplying some much need "bashing fodder" for Earth's Mightiest Heroes in the form of the Skrulls. If these reports are true, next summer's Avengers is shaping up to be the picture to beat. Can't wait. :cap::ironman2: :hulk:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

The "In my opinion, The Skrulls are really the only viable threat that would require so many super heroes to fight as a team" quote worries me a bit. I guess any and every future Avengers movie will be Avengers vs. the Skrulls? Same would have to go for any potential Justice League movies, I suppose.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, that is a little worrisome. But when your team has individually beaten some terrorists, Iron Monger, Whiplash and a bunch of robots, the Red Skull and Nazi/Hydra goons, Loki and frost giants, and Abomination and the U.S. military, I can see the need to up the ante for the first big get together.

Yeah, that is a little worrisome. But when your team has individually beaten some terrorists, Iron Monger, Whiplash and a bunch of robots, the Red Skull and Nazi/Hydra goons, Loki and frost giants, and Abomination and the U.S. military, I can see the need to up the ante for the first big get together.

Thanos.

Yeah I said it.

DO IT!

Sorry, but really the only viable threat that would require so many super heroes to fight as a team are the Skrulls. Forget about Thanos, or the Masters of Evil, or Hydra, or Ultron, or the Wrecking Crew, or the Brood, or Kang, or the Kree, or Galactus, or the Squadron Supreme, or the Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers, or Doctor Doom, or Magneto and his Acolytes/Brotherhood, or the Frightful Four, or the Sinister Six, or the Beyonder, or rogue Hulk, or the Circus of Crime.

Nope, just Skrulls.

I was under the impression Loki was the intended villain / chief antagonist all along, so this is hardly surprising, as it makes sense, in terms of Avengers history and origin, etc.

Manipulating the Hulk would seem like a little bit of a let down, and not an entire film's worth of story, so it'd have to have been some sort of Earth invasion type thing. That said, the Skrull seems a little weird (to me anyway); I can't say I've much experience with them in comics, but Secret Invasion was cack.

I'd liked to have seen Loki manipulating and tricking the Atlanteans into believing the surface dwellers intended to destroy their homes, leading to a full-scale, Namor lead invasion, with the Avengers having to fend off the attack, whilst proving mankind's innocence, etc. With the eventual uncovering of Loki, 'befriending' of Namor.

I can just picture the soldiers leaping out of the water and pursuing terrified New Yorkers.

I would guess that Namor is off-limits to Marvel Studios, as he's probably part of Fox's Fantastic Four agreement.

As for the Skrulls, they are really the most iconic and well known alien race in the Marvel U, having lots of interactions with the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and others through the 1960, 70s, and 80s (they first showed up in one of the earliest issues of Fantastic Four). If the creators wanted to go with an alien invasion, or non-human invasion of any sort, Skrull are the way to go IMO.

Circus of Crime? I had to look that one up. Based solely on the name, I have to wonder why any other villains would even be considered.

I'll put it this way--the Circus of Crime could be for the Avengers what the Blizzard could be for Iron Man.

Nuff said.

It would be to their advantage to have the trailer out before Thor, more people will go see the Thor movie wanting to get the backstory for the big baddie in the Avengers ;)

Yeah, but my guess is that Loki won't be revealed to be the villain of Thor until the final 1/3 of the movie, so they probably don't want to run a trailer that will 'spoil' the movie you are about to watch.

• 3 months later...

Supposedly this is they:

Avengers.jpg

I approve greatly. Even without Wasp and Ant Man (honestly this movie will be better without spousal abuse), this lineup is great. Hawkeye's costume is almost identical to his Ultimate suit. I figured they'd do that. I like Cap's new suit. And Iron Man looks like he bulked up. Now... Show me the villain(s)

Bearing in mind that I've been waiting for this movie for longer than anybody else here I almost need it to be up to my expectations .I appreciate that Marvel can't condense 50+ years into a couple or so hours but the omission of the Pyms is almost tragic. I read the Ultimate Avengers a while back & beforehand I decided that I'd hate it but in fact I loved it so I'm not against revisionism but this line-up isn't quite right. This movie needs to break out of the tedious 'let's show how they assembled' stuff & go straight into the action but I fear all the leads & cameos in the other movies aren't going to be enough to escape the perceived necessity to do so. The 2nd. Hulk Movie,for example, wasn't great but at least it scored by dealing with the Hulk's origin in the opening credits & I thoroughly enjoyed the film because at least it had a story . Is there anybody going to the Avengers movie who wouldn't know the characters ? I doubt it but if there was(were?)would it take that long to bring themselves up to speed? Again I doubt it, so would it be too much for me to expect that they'll just get on with the show?