Character Building - Doctor Who

Aethyr

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a little surprised to see this set come to North America:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=UND10466&mode=retail

Is it not strange that Underground Toys is releasing the Dalek and Cyberman 5-packs but not the Weeping Angel 5-pack?

Thats the ex-Argos exclusive Cybermen yeah? Might have to grab one, My Argos fails.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else in the States found these CB figures at Target? Over the weekend my boys and I found the generic (i.e. NOT Doctor Who) ones in with the collectible cards up at the front of the store. They are blind bagged and run $2 a piece. My boys got a knight and a race car driver.

I'm wondering if this means we will see the Doctor Who ones too?

Has anyone else in the States found these CB figures at Target? Over the weekend my boys and I found the generic (i.e. NOT Doctor Who) ones in with the collectible cards up at the front of the store. They are blind bagged and run $2 a piece. My boys got a knight and a race car driver.

I'm wondering if this means we will see the Doctor Who ones too?

Yeah, I saw these a few days ago.

Got excited cause I saw the logo first and thought they were the Doctor Who ones but then noticed they were just generic type characters. I do hope that they eventually carry the DW ones.

• 3 weeks later...

The Doctor Who series one blind packs have been showing up at FYE music and movie store here in the Unites States for the last 2 or 3 months. And even then that is by far a strech of the statement as each store really only splits a case between other stores in its district area. And that is spead out over a 300 to 400 mile radius. So eachof these store might get between 1 to 3 packs. I have been doing some local traveling between 3 states around my home and between Alabama, Tennessee, and Georgia....I have only found 1 pack in Memphis, TN. It was the Doctor in blue shirt,no jacket. I have called dozens and dozenz of stores and they either never got them orsld the very few they got.

I broke down and got the mini Tardis off Ebay. Have to say I do like it but really wish the details were painted on instead of stickers. It also now gives me two more figures of the Doctor with jacket and Amy Pond.

My Target also got the blind packs of the Character Building "generic" people. I really was originallynot interested in these at all but decided to drop 10 bucks any for 5 figures. I got the white suit astronaut (common), the caucasian green army guy (uncommon), the minor/construction what every guy (rare), the special ops guy (common), and the knight with the griffin on chest and shield (common). The only ones really wish I had gotten were one or both of the ninjas (red and black) and the other knight (tower on chest and shield).

Wish the blind pack Doctor sets would come to Target.

back into hiding

• 1 month later...

Some nice new Character Building Construction sets showing at the Toy Fair here in the UK -

Dalek Spaceship.

Dematerialising Tardis.

The Girl Who Waited playset.

Berlin playset.

Silent Time Machine Set.

And some new mini-figures(Series 3):

Bronze (?) Dalek.

Black Dalek.

Handbot - Robot from The Girl Who Waited.

Judoon. (With and without helmet)

Black Masked Cyberman (Cyber-Lord?)

11th Doctor (in what looks like a long coat).

Sontaran. (With and without helmet)

Amy (with writing on face from Day Of The Moon).

Vashta Nerada in Spacesuit.

River Song (Green dress).

Rory (with eyepatch from the Wedding Of River Song).

Ood.

Madame Kovarian.

No release date, just the tantalising 'coming soon'.

Don't forget that a The Silent 5-pack has been released at retail recently. Two of the five have an open mouth which is different then the blind pack figures.

The strange Temporal Shields sets have ben released. By my understanding, there are different variations with different minifigures.

A rerelease of the 5" tardis playset was released with an 11th doctor CB figure. I don't know if he is different at all.

I saw pics of all the new stuff yesterday morning on a few different sites and I have no interest in the vanishing tardis or Let's Kill Hitler playsets. The others I NEED!

Also, the (promotional) picture of series 3 does not show all the figures they had on display. So it is possible that they are showing the variants right away. The Black Dalek is not on the poster, so maybe we are to assume he is a chase variant for example.

EDIT: also, in the background of some pics I saw it looks like CB will have new lines... possibly Ben10.

Edited by pickle

Hello pickle.

I know that CB are releasing a series of figures based on the BBC show 'Deadly 60' - a programme about the deadliest 60 creatures on Earth. There are 15 different creatures available including the likes of the Tiger, the Shark, the Polar Bear and so on. They will be compatible with the Doctor Who range so we will be able to recreate the likes of the flying Shark from the Christmas Carol episode. If we so wish.

I know that CB are also releasing a third series ot the Armed Forces range and have heard mention of a Zombies line.

The Temporal Sheild Sets are an odd release, but I'm not complaing - as they aren't blind-packed I should be able to finally obtain that elusive River Song figure!

dang, i did not realize you could pop the heads off those. I only have Cybermen for now.

Stilt Man for the Body

Bottom and Arms from Iron Man First App that comes with Hulk

Cybermen Micro Head

You can also use Silver Surfer for Chest

or Plain Silver Chests from Cylons, Thor Destroyer

there are all sorts of pastabilities

Matt Smith? any bowties out there?

post-6048-0-94676300-1327642868_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The single blind packs of these are on offer at Argos at the moment. Only 99p each (wave 2 I believe). They also have the big TARDIS set (the inside of it) for £25.00 rather than £50.00.

Can be a pain to track down availability, but luckily their website has a stock check and reserve option.

As always, if anyone out there wants me to try grab some, let me know.

Broken record.

Amazon UK have the dalek factory and Cyberman conversion kits going for £17 (I think) and £9.99 respectively. Quantity is extremely limited. But I'm happy to buy now for

anyone who's interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. Makes me feel better about how much I've been spending on eBay lately.

Edited by UK Collector

I just stumbled upon some images of the forthcoming CB Monsters vs Zombies line and very nice they are too. There's a Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, Wolf Man, Gill Man, Invisible Man and an assortment of the undead.

They can be viewed at www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk if anyone is interested.

I really should get around to posting some 'mates comments sometime instead of just hanging around here! :)

COBI looks like some Lego copies and have started using CB molds. There is some nice weapons in their small army stuff and a Zulu in the Wildlife section in the back of the catalogue that I haven't seen anything like since the Robinson's Gollywog.

• 2 months later...