UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Discussion *2011 Minimate Hunt*

Lurch77

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Best Picture

I think you did a great job, Lurch!

Still, this is the first time I didn't do all of the challenges. When participating the last years, I never took a pic a day or something like that, but always did all of the pics in two or three days. Usually one or two days at home were I set up some scenes and one day were I take all the pics that need to be outdoors or at some sepcial places. With about 30 challenges, that was always tough, but fun. So while I think your ideas for this year were all in all great, the way it worked was counterproductive for the way I work. I took all the pics I took on two days, one in early November and one in very later December, but I didn't manage to do all of them. There was plenty of time to do it. For me, when I had the time, there weren't all challenges available. Again I liked the way you added challenges, but it didn't work for me.

I really enjoyed your hidden chalenges and the whole idea how you presented them, but there were just too many for me. 42 all in all (with all repsect to Mr. Adams) was too much if you do it the way I do.

So:

* What time length would work so more people could get pictures entered? 1-2 months.

* Time of year that would work better? Maybe start earlier so it ends in early December?

* What total amount of challenges would allow most everyone to complete in time allowed? 30 including extras. Like I said, it doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of time, since a lot of people either start right away or wait until the deadlines comes in sight.

* Are the challenges too hard, not interesting enough, etc? I liked them. Nice mix. (Actually, the only ones I never really liked were the those where you can do what you want. Create your own challenges, recreate one of former Hunts.)

My two Euro-Cents. Again, great job Lurch!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issues with anything. I was a bit concerned when I first heard there were hidden challenges, but they weren't all that hard to find. The length of it was actually great for me as it gave me stuff to do, but if it's going to keep being so long, I'd actually like to see more challenges because if I would get a month's challenges all done the first week, then I'd spend the rest of the month waiting, so I don't know how that could be fixed or whatever. Maybe do a few challenges each week instead of all the beginning of the month. That said, if it goes back to being just a couple months instead of as many as it was this year, I'd still like for there to be around 35-40 challenges, but I can see how it might be an issue for other people. I myself, don't have much of a life, so I have the free time to do these things over the course of 4 months, but I can see how some people would rather just get it all done in the span of a weekend or something.

Anyways, as long as there's a hunt, I will participate. No matter what the stipulations are. I just find it fun.

And now for the results .....

1st Place: The Geohound

2nd Place: blacksun1520

3rd Place: Bob Harris

Best Overall Picture: blacksun1520 - In a scary place

Favorite Pick Picture: darkredshdow - He Travelled all that way to find out he could not speak yet...

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge: Chad (blacksun1520)

Congrats to everyone and awesome job on all the pictures entered :highfive2:

FRGZ7.jpg

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And now for the results .....

1st Place: The Geohound

2nd Place: blacksun1520

3rd Place: Bob Harris

Best Overall Picture: blacksun1520 - In a scary place

Favorite Pick Picture: darkredshdow - He Travelled all that way to find out he could not speak yet...

Super Extra Overtime Bonus Challenge: Chad (blacksun1520)

Congrats to everyone and awesome job on all the pictures entered :highfive2:

:jawdrop: Dang It. oh well maybe next time i'll win...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...