UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Secret Santa 2010 is shutting down

Welcome to the rules to Secret Santa 2010. Even though I'm new to running it, it'll basically be the same as it's always been. If you've never participated before (or have forgotten), please read all the rules before signing up. You are held accountable for all the rules if you choose to participate. For convenience, I've bolded all the important info.

Here's how things work:

Only members with 5 or more positive transactions in the Feedback Forum will be allowed to participate.
If that's you, please email minimates@netzero.net with the following info (with Secret Santa Info as the subject).

Minimate Multiverse forum name:
E-mail address:
Name and address for packages to be shipped to:

Special shipping instructions (if any):
Are you willing to be a backup Santa:

Are you willing to ship outside of your country (if necessary):
Anyone you DON'T want to be assigned to for whatever reason (this will be kept confidential):
Items you're interested in receiving:
Any additional info Santa should know:

This info must be submitted no later than 11/25/2010 to participate.

Please list reasonable items you'd like to receive.
You can send me a list of items you'd like or can list the kind of items you're interested in/not interested in (i.e., 'I'd like any kind of Smurf items, except for the line of Smurfette lingerie since I already have it all'). You also should say if you prefer loose items or mint only. Try to leave a little vagueness to your lists so your Santa isn't as limited. Also, remember there is a minimum so don't only list items that are more than that.

If you participate, look for an e-mail from me on November 25th.

Once I have all information from everyone, I'll send it out on the night of November 25th (Thanksgiving). You'll be responsible for the name you receive (no trading allowed). And, just so you know, I will not be participating this year so that no one will think I'm 'cherry picking' the best member to receive from.

Packages should be sent no later than the December 15th.
This will give about 20 days to shop and about 10 days for packages to arrive. The goal is for members to have a gift by Christmas and not too late to be enjoyed this season (remember, it's Secret Santa, not Enigmatic Easter Bunny). However, the sooner you can send the better so that your recipient isn't worrying if they've been shafted.

Once you've got your package, please post in this thread with your guess of who sent it.

By posting here, it'll be easier to keep track of who has received their packages. And for those who can't guess their Santa correctly, I'll reveal all on New Year's Day.

If you can't send anything, e-mail me as soon as possible.
By signing up, you are expected to send something. If you feel you can't do this, please don't sign up. However, if something happens after you've signed up, please contact me as soon as you know that you won't be able to send a gift. We all understand that circumstances arise that change things, but just remember that communication is a powerful tool. By choosing to organize this, I am guaranteeing that every participant will receive something (even if it means I'm sending it) so please try to be respectful of everyone else. For anyone that chooses to not send something and doesn't work it out beforehand, you'll be banned from next year's Secret Santa, you'll receive appropriate feedback in the Feedback Forum and I'll personally send you a lump of coal next year as a reminder of how bad you were (and remember, you're giving me your address).

The minimum amount to spend is $10 (US).

There is a minimum, but no maximum. If you want to shower someone with gifts, that's awesome, but just make sure you're prepared to possibly receive a gift from someone who can only afford $10. Along these lines, if you choose to send a custom made gift, please try to send something worth at least the minimum. A homemade picture of a Minimate made out of macaroni might be heartfelt, but not worth $10. And however much you spend, please be considerate and not send anything that could be deemed offensive.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or pm me if you need to.
Edited by groundhog7s

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A homemade picture of a Minimate made out of macaroni might be heartfelt, but not worth $10.

That's your opinion :(

FYI, I worked damn hard on that last year, and don't appreciate your calling me out publicly about it.

A homemade picture of a Minimate made out of macaroni might be heartfelt, but not worth $10.

FYI, I worked damn hard on that last year, and don't appreciate your calling me out publicly about it.

You just took the damn picture .......I bloody well made it :angry:

......& for the record it was spaghetti .

Ungrateful sh*ts.

You just took the damn picture .......I bloody well made it :angry:

......& for the record it was spaghetti .

Ungrateful sh*ts.

Finally, it's starting to feel like the holidays.

Forgive my ignorance (at least in this subject) as this is my first year participating, but are there any set expectations of sending stuff loose versus boxed, or is that preference up to the member to specify when they send their list in?

I would say that it should be clear in their lists, but I'll add it in there to be sure.

If you order your Secret Santa present through LTS, I will include a set of Christmas-themed Minimate accessories. All you need to do is mention Secret Santa in the comments section during checkout. Heck, if you mention it for a non-SS order, I probably won't even know the difference. ;)

Picture coming soon!

And Stuckakid is on board again this year also. Here's what you need to do if ordering through them:

Place an order with stuckakid.com

Send us a message either in the notes section of the order or with an

email (store@stuckakid.com) stating that the order is for MMMV secret

Santa

We will gift wrap the items, free of charge

We will not include a packing slip, just a "secret Santa" message

We will ship the order out right away directly to the recipient ...

with our return address to insure anonymity

We will notify the purchaser via email with the shipping info

We are based in the US, but we will ship anywhere in the world that

the post will deliver to. Please keep in mind that we have to state

what the contents are (including cost) on customs forms

i wish i could join in too, but ebay doesnt like me and there isnt alot of good recources around here in holland :(

Australia is similarly removed from the rest of the Minimate world - but i can vouch for shopping with Lukes (& stuckakid will no doubt be very reliable too!).

Last year, i couldn't get anything in Australia that my 'child' wanted, so i sent an order through Lukes, provdided him with the name & address of the recipient and it all went swimmingly.

Just something to think about if you really are keen on participating ;)

Edited by Nessex

Also to consider, not everyone wants JUST minimates.........when you get your person, you can check out some threads where they post and what they talk about, might give you an idea of others thing they be interested in. They may also list other interests in their email regarding this event so the person shopping for them doesn't have to look for minimates alone.

Can we still sign up? The deadline seems to be in 2009? Does anyone have a time machine that I can borrow?

The post directly above this one said there are still a couple of days to sign up...

T.

I know. I was making, what I thought was, a humorous attempt to point out that in the first post of the thread it has the deadline listed as 11/25/2009. We really need a sarcasm emoticon.