UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dj87 / bobafett's Customs Thread

PICTURE HEAVY POST

I love the look of Vultures wings. It looks like thay've been dry burshed or just had a wash put over them so that some of the original colour shows through a little and makes them more textural?

You've even made BD Spiderman look like a decent mate!

Well done!

cheers!

i repeatedly added v.thin coats of paint to vulture's wings... each time going from top to bottom, hoping it'd look a bit like feathers. glad it gave that sort of impression.

now for something a little different, thought i'd throw some of my designs up here... its not something i'd ever really done til recently, and they've become as fun to do as they are helpful when completing a custom. I'd really recommend it to anyone that doesn't do it already. It can also be fun to see how the mate differs from design to finished article.

Boodikka, Arisia & Natu

BoodikkaArisiaNatu.jpg

Anti-Monitor - my first custom Mighty Mugg... currently a WIP

Anti-Monitor.jpg

Darkseid

Darkseid.jpg

Scarecrow

Scarecrow.jpg

Kyle Rayner, Parallax - this has since been abandoned, in favour of a traditional Hal Parallax from Emerald Twilight

KyleParallax.jpg

Tim Drake - Robin & Red Robin

TimDrake-RobinRedRobin.jpg

Deadshot & Killer Moth

DeadshotKillerMoth.jpg

Fire & Ice

FireIce.jpg

Black Hand & Ganthet

BlackHandGanthet.jpg

Kid Flash & Elongated Man

KidFlashElongatedMan.jpg

Livewire/b]

Livewire.jpg

Rhino

Rhino.jpg

Hal Jordan & Clark Kent

HalJordanClarkKent.jpg

Doomsday & Solomon Grundy/b]

DoomsdaySolomonGrundy.jpg

90s Charles Xavier & Juggernaut

90sCharlesXavierJuggernaut.jpg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow - some great ideas for Customs there Boba. And some really awesome concept drawings. I'd love to see your versions of Xavier & Rhino get made. Rhino is a really great piece of art. I especially like your Scarecrow design! i'd love to have him as a minimate in my Batman Rogues Gallery!

appreciate the comments guys!

Ness - Rhino is on page 2 of this thread, and Xavier is just waiting for his head to arrive from Hong Kong!

I do get easily distracted when making customs, like when parts arrive for a new one, and i want to get started straight away. In fact, as i 'speak'... Fire, Ice, Animal Man & Doc Samson are looking me in the face, begging for the 10minutes it'd take to add the fine details and finish them.

• 1 month later...

just throwing these up quickly, I'll add some recipes/descriptions later tonight...

Peter Parker & '1st Appearance' Mary Jane

DSC00331.jpg

Barry Allen

DSC00335.jpg

Doc Samson

DSC00336.jpg

Mr & Mrs bobafett

DSC00339.jpg

Hank Pym

DSC00340.jpg

Charles Xavier (with Colossus)

DSC00344.jpg

Mr Freeze

DSC00346.jpg

Metamorpho

DSC00347.jpg

Jonah Jameson

DSC00349.jpg

Iceman

DSC00350.jpg

Sandman

DSC00354.jpg

Two-Face

DSC00355.jpg

'The Squad'

DSC00358.jpg

Lois Lane

DSC00363.jpg

Maxwell Lord

DSC00364.jpg

X-Factor Angel (on eBay)

DSC00366.jpg

Great work on all your customs buddy. i particularly like Hank Pym, Xavier, Sandman & Lois. They are some awesome looking customs.

Your Twoface is great as well. makes me mourn not getting more of Batmans Enemies before the fall of the DC line.

Keep up the great work.

cheers gang

Peter Parker is a mix of wave 24 and movie versions

Doc Samson was actually copied from a picture on a minimate website... which i'd never heard of before. I want to say... the Minimate Store? I came across it by chance, and can't seem to find it again... perhaps it simply never happened.

Hank Pym is a hybrid of Avengers box set head/hair and an altered BSG jumpsuit... details/insignia removed

that is Metamorpho as I'd always intended to make him... but without spare arms, i'd originally made him for the vanilla contest a while back.

Jonah is copied from TENIME's version... kudos to him! A constant source of inspiration.

brobotc - oh aye, i'm looking to update all my pictures this week, took most in a bit of a rush. There's a pic of him on an early page, i only posted this to show his 'upgrade' ... the dome/fishbowl piece is from the Fisher Price Imaginext range... and requires little to no modification to fit over a minimate head n' shoulders.

Trekker - 'The Squad' aren't from anything in particular, its just what i've come to dub them in my own head. They're look is deliberately ambiguous... they can be used as Anti-Mutant/Swat/Guards/Mercenaries/Bank Robbers, etc.

thanks for looking y'all!

The Incredible Hulk

v.much based on mtd's Hulk QC... gave mine some of those big fist hands

DSC00379.jpg

Tony Stark

I'd wanted a Tony based on a cover from last year's Armor Wars, which Twisted Two-Face helped me identify. Someday I may add some goggles, waiting on a Cannonball mate or something, we'll see

DSC00380.jpg

Harry Osborn

based on TENIME's Harry, used Norman hair and Lab coat Egon body... youbastards suggested using Yellowjacket's head, and it works perfectly, as well as looking great next to daddy.

DSC00381.jpg

White Lantern Boston Brand

so, yeah... Deadman is alive, due to the events of Blackest Night, he seems to be playing a pivotal role in Brightest Day. Deadman and Kyle Reese parts, decided to throw this together after noticing the similarity between Kyle and the way Boston is being drawn (go have a look... its uncanny!)... then turning to my desk, to see a spare Reese head starring at me.

DSC00384.jpg

Captain Atom

Silver Surfer has been used as a base for CA numerous times on here... but it wasn't until a google image search to check how accurate my custom had turned out, did I notice that this is an exact replica of Graham's version. On that note... i'd like to point out what a good job he did :D

DSC00385.jpg

Whiplash

I've noticed punisher has also done one of these v.well... seems like a simple yet v.effective change.

DSC00387.jpg

Renne Montoya

Another TENIME recipe, some Question parts, a nifty belt... and a Tony Stark 'come and get me girls' hair-do, and there we have one of Gotham City's finest.

DSC00388.jpg

as always, comments/suggestions always welcome... thanks for looking

All of these look great!

... youbastards suggested using Yellowjacket's head, and it works perfectly, as well as looking great next to daddy.

Thanks for the props man! I think the Yellowjacket head looks just sinister enough for Harry.

Edited by youbastards

thanks again, it feels v.good when people take the time to appreciate your hard work

I want to apologise for the picture quality on a few of these, was farting around with some new software, and didn't notice the weird grainy effect until after they'd saved.

Barry Allen Flash

small changes to the DCD Wally West Flash... which was silly, as his uniform was not something Wally ever wore, but a mishmash of his costumes. Namor wings attached to his boots, Invaders Cap face, with the belt altered to the continuous zigzag.

DSC00390.jpg

Gotham City Friends & Foes

Jim Gordon

unique parts were the Emo Peter Parker hair, and Assault Punisher coat. While I gave him grey hair, this look is heavy based on his appearance in Batman: Year One

DSC00393.jpg

Alfred Pennyworth

Dinner jacket piece from one of the C3 Jokers, head from Modular armour Tony Stark, hair was from 24's Andre Drazen, with the receding section entirely cut away. The whole in his head was filled in with scuplting stuff... my first time using it

DSC00392.jpg

The Riddler

a suited contemporary look... C3 Riddler mixed with Patch parts.

DSC00402.jpg

Red Robin

only real unique part is the DCD Robin lower tunic part. Underneath the mask is Tim Drake

DSC00403.jpg

group shot

DSC00404.jpg

and seeing as Fire is only waiting on a Champions Black Widow belt, which is taking its time...

Fire & Ice

Fire's fire is fro 90s Rogue, and face from SF Morrigan. Ice has Power Girl hair, BSG Cally's face, as well as X-Force Wolverine boot parts.

DSC00407.jpg

thanks for looking... enjoy!

Nice collection of customs. Love the White Lantern Deadman one, and I may have to borrow the recipie if that's ok ;).

your flash is perfect boot wings (freekin slick) And Jim Gordon he is right on the money and alfred very clever with the hair all look profesional great batch indeed