UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #8

Shanester

Lets keep this rolling.

READ THESE RULES!!

Please, remember a few things when asking questions.

1. Make sure your question(s) has not/have not already been asked.

2. Try to keep it to 1-5 questions per member/per post.

3. Ask DST ONLY about DST licenses (ie. DST does not control DCD Minis).

4. Keep your question short and to the point. No novels or life stories.

5. If you are insulting, threatening, rude, demanding, impolite, or fail to heed any of these rules, your question will very well be deleted.

Go!

Okay, the obvious DC Minimates question.

I know at this point DST doesn't hold the license, doesn't have any say, etc.

However, if DC Direct drops the ball on DC Minimates (which is the current gossip), is there any chance you guys could/would ride in on your white horse and save the day? I don't know if DCD even considers licensing out like that. Is it something you have discussed with them, by chance?

As always, thanks for your time.

Thanks for blessing us with your answers Chuck! :) Here are two more questions:

Will Hannibal come with his mask in the Silence of the Lambs set? We have heard rumors of a licensing problem with the mask itself.

If the Silence of the Lambs set sells well, will you consider doing more horror/suspense movie minimates?

Thanks for yout time Mr. Chuck. I saw some pics of the BTTF set #3 at the NYTF and was wondering if western Doc, western Marty and Mad Dog will have the new cowboy boot feet sculpts or the standard minimate feet? As the display models at the NYTF had the REGULAR minimate feet. Just wondering.

Thanks as usual Chuck.

So, what's up with the no Mudd law? I mean, I hate Mudd, but why can't you do him? Is it some sort of actor thing?

Secondly: Have you talked to Disney about doing mates with them?

Lastly, with the production of The Hobbit possible and with MGM distributing it, are mates, released around the same time of the film possible?

Thanks for the great answers on the last Q&A.

1, Will the Doctor Who mates work like the DC mates? What I mean is how Art Asylum designs the DC mates and DCD distributes them, will it be the same way with Underground Toys? (hope this question makes sense)

2, Will we see Modern BSG mates based on season 3 before season 4? It seems like all the BSG mates released so far are from the miniseries, season 1,2 and Razor. I would love New Caprica mates.

3, I Have noticed with my SciFi giveaway Cylons that some have different types of bags. One has the same type as the Cylon Elf (more of a smooth plastic) where as a couple have a more crisp/crackly bag. Can you tell me anything about this or is it news to you?

4, Non Minimate question, I went to preorder the Adama and Helo busts the other day from my LCS and was told both were cancelled?!?!?! what can you tell me about this and the future of BSG busts?

5, In a couple years when the Caprica pilot comes out, is DST hoping to get the license to make products for it?

Thanks for your time. If you keep on making BSG mates, I will keep on buying them.

Edited by pickle

Why would you not be allowed to do a Mudd minimate? Don't need specifics, just looking for a little insight into license restrictions.

Already asked Cell-mate. Now you have a slot for another question :)

Just got my BSG wave 4 and Star Trek Series 3 mates... another great job of character choice and likenesses. Keep 'em coming!

1. I know you mentioned that the Fistful of Dollars/Few Dollars More series was driven by your personal interest in that license. How many of the themes are driven by personal interest?

2. Lara Croft minimates. What do you think? (Face it, Lara Croft is the perfect convergence of attributes for this type of market... hot women, dangerous weapons, short-shorts and huge boobs)

3. What does it look like for more Back to the Future after the 3rd movie box set? Has the license run its course or is there enough interest to keep going?

Thanks for taking time Chuck...

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your time. Any thoughts on putting out sets of different colored body pieces etc. for customizers. It might be cool if you could also come up with some type of decal set for detailing faces, musculature, etc.

Thanks again.

I'm also interested in the Harry Mudd thing, especially since Playmates had made a figure for him in their line. I assumed he was covered under the general license.

Are there any other characters you can't do from the Star Trek universe besides the new movie?

Would it be a possibility in the future to get shuttlecrafts or bridge playsets?

Thanks for yout time Mr. Chuck. I saw some pics of the BTTF set #3 at the NYTF and was wondering if western Doc, western Marty and Mad Dog will have the new cowboy boot feet sculpts or the standard minimate feet? As the display models at the NYTF had the REGULAR minimate feet. Just wondering.

I asked this in round 6. Chuck's answer was "boot-feet".

3. Lara Croft minimates. What do you think? (Face it, Lara Croft is the perfect convergence of attributes for this type of market... hot women, dangerous weapons, short-shorts and huge boobs)

Oh HELL yes! Please! A Legend/Anniversary/Underworld box set would literally make me wet myself. I'd buy a whole case! I've already customized Lara a ton of times, but this is the one time I don't mind having my customs negated out.

*ahem*

Hey and thanks.

Can you give us the low down on EUtS Lorraine's low down cleavage? What happened to her ampleness? I was so excited. Now I'm left with this empty feeling when I look at her. Can I have yall's prototype? :P

Razor Six. Her lab coat. Molded boobies or no? Because I think Matt is too bust fondli-- I mean a bit to close to the situation to know what he's talking about. :P

How many minimates to yall keep in stockpile? You sent out several older mates for the Target giveaway, yet I was unable to get a Taskmaster/US Agent 2 pack that just came out when mine came with parts missing? Is there some quota for how many yall keep on hand?

Danka.

1. When choosing packs, do you prefer to opt for sensible pairings that might include slightly less well-known and desired (War Machine and Spymaster) or less sensible pairings but with heavier hitters (Iron Man and Ghost Rider)?

2. Now that you're getting so deep in the character pool, any chance of that "fan-choice" wave? I realize that's basically what 19 and 20 are, but I mean with voting and stuff :D

Hi,

1- Is the decision to no longer sell to Europe a permanent one or would you consider rethinking it if there was enough of a response?

2- Does the non-Euro policy apply to just minimates or all DST products?

3- Dr Who minimates - whats currently happening?, your answer in the previous Q&A was kinda confusing

4- Any possibility of 6" (or minimate) versions of Klingon Captains Koloth & Kang, who could both simply re-use Kor's Body?

Thanks again for reading

Thanks as always for any info you can share with us....as a miniac fan I sure do feel that DST does care a bit about their fans by having you guys do this!

now...after going through a bunch of potential questions in my mind the best one I want to ask is:

Is Back the the Future done after the sets shown at Toyfair? I am hoping that we will get some more to kinda round out the cast a bit more...I see so much potential with this line so I am hoping so!

thanks again for your time!

Jeff of the Miniacs

1.if DC Direct cancels DC Minimates,would you be willing to continue them? And if they are continued,could you make an Aztek?

2.back in Toy Fair 07 we saw an Apollo in suit.Was that just a prototype?

3With Indiana Jones and Star Wars licenses in your hands,could you possibly make Minimates of them?

4.Do you still have the G.I. Joe license?If so could you make Minimates of them?

5.Do you still have the Army Of Darkness license? If you do could you make Minimates of them?

6.will we ever see a hazomat Marty and Doc Brown?

7.Could you give us more of a description on the Doctor Who Minimates?

8.Why isn't Gamma Hulk glow-in-the-dark?

thank you for your time!

Hi Chuck & Matt...

Thanks for playing along as usual...

1) Is there a reason why Lorraine from BttF has underwear and pretty much any other minimate in a skirt doesn't or did it just turn out that way?

2) At ToyFair we saw that the Iron Man mini's might have detailing under the armor, is it likely we going to get undersuit(MKIII) and vest (MKI) Tony Stark? under the armor? ( please please please they looked so cool! )

3) I've noticed you weren't at Wizard World LA this year, can you give us a likely idea of which Conventions you're likely to be at this year and by extension if you have plans for minimate exclusives?

4) If you could have one famous person come and work at DST then who would it be and why?

T.

Hello again =)

1) Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite Marvel Minimate released thus far?

2)Again, out of curiosity, what is your least favorite Marvel Minimate released thus far?

3) Any chance you will be releasing another Nightcrawler anytime soon? I love the classic Nightcrawler we got, but he looks pretty darn cool in his Ultimate costume (navy and yellow) plus he's extremely expensive for new collectors to get a hold of!

4) Since the last Q&A, Vision 2.0 came out, and I just wanted to say thanks for doing him justice, he is absolutely Fantastic!!! Now I shall wait patiantly for the rest of the Young Avengers =)

Thanks again, Are-Jay

Would you consider giving the 'Multiverse' website a small credit on your forthcoming packaging ? I believe this would be extremely advantageous to yourselves with regard to 'first-time' buyers who may be unaware of the diversity of the Minimate range,where else would they find out?

If you are receptive to the idea perhaps you could utilise the redundant area on the packaging which was specific to sales in Europe!

Edited by buttheadsmate