UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Licenses, What would YOU like to see Minimated ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funko has Buffy and Firefly licenses: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=21586

How do they get so many properties?? It drives me nuts that they get all this cool stuff but the quality control is so bad that it prevents me from buying anything.

Basically every property Funko has (including Game of Thrones) I wish could be done as Minimates too.

The Funko figures have a better sales margin than Minimates, I would imagine.

But yeah, when I see other collectibles manufacturers jumping on properties like Firefly… [heavy sigh]

Because Funko isn't spending their money on quality control, especially on paint ops. Hopefully their upcoming "retro" 3 3/4 Firely line is either incredibly well done so I can enjoy them, or so terrible I can pass on it easily. I'd hate the guilt of buying middle-of-the-road mediocre product just because it's Firefly.

Funko has Buffy and Firefly licenses: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=21586

How do they get so many properties?? It drives me nuts that they get all this cool stuff but the quality control is so bad that it prevents me from buying anything.

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect the reason Funko can get so many properties is that their products (before they started doing Legacy and ReAction) were probably considered novelty/bobbleheads/etc rather than action figures, so more properties were available and presumably it wasn't as expensive. Since some Pops are bobbleheads and some are just vinyl figures they obviously need to tweak the product based on the license.

And, yeah, the quality control on Pops in particular is just horrid. I guess Funko figures they're hot enough right now that they can get away with it? The most hardcore fans seem not to care, or even claim there isn't a problem to begin with.

• 5 weeks later...

So, I just saw Frozen. Wow, I normally don't see a movie more than once but this is one of those rare exceptions. Anyway, it reminded me how much I'd love some Disney mates. I'm currently working on an Elsa custom fig but having those nearly-happened-Nightmare before x-mas mates and some Frozen characters would be awesome. Honestly, I just want some Disney mates. I grew up with Mickey, Donald, Chip&Dale, Uncle Scrooge and their classic movies. And the fact that they keep making masterpieces such as Toy Story, Nemo, Frozen (i hold the Pixar and disney cgi films in the modern era) is another plus, since most companies lose the "magic", yet Disney has retained it.

So, I just saw Frozen. Wow, I normally don't see a movie more than once but this is one of those rare exceptions. Anyway, it reminded me how much I'd love some Disney mates. I'm currently working on an Elsa custom fig but having those nearly-happened-Nightmare before x-mas mates and some Frozen characters would be awesome. Honestly, I just want some Disney mates. I grew up with Mickey, Donald, Chip&Dale, Uncle Scrooge and their classic movies. And the fact that they keep making masterpieces such as Toy Story, Nemo, Frozen (i hold the Pixar and disney cgi films in the modern era) is another plus, since most companies lose the "magic", yet Disney has retained it.

Kinda makes me wish they made Disney Infinity with minimates instead of adorable statues.

Kinda makes me wish they made Disney Infinity with minimates instead of adorable statues.

Amen to that brother, Amen to that. Still, I have hope that we will see more Disney mates. Hell, they could do a legacy kind of line.

Jack Skellington/Sally

Elsa/Anna

Jack Sparrow/Dany Jones

Woody/Buzz

And keep going like that (start strong with a few well known names and then release more obscure characters down the line, paired with variants).

Edited by Kostisfire

Amen to that brother, Amen to that. Still, I have hope that we will see more Disney mates. Hell, they could do a legacy kind of line.

Jack Skellington/Sally

Elsa/Anna

Jack Sparrow/Dany Jones

Woody/Buzz

And keep going like that (start strong with a few well known names and then release more obscure characters down the line, paired with variants).

Teeeeeechnically we get Disney minimates every time a Marvel movie releases. Plus we had those two Peter Pan packs but they wound up being very overpriced and frankly I just never liked Disney's Peter Pan. They were very good minimates though when I got the on clearance.

But yeah I do admit I want Pirates of the Caribbean minimates. Maybe with Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Speaking of pirates and their ilk, let's get Assassin's Creed minimates. Even if it's just a four pack of Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward Kenway. I'd be happy with that alone unless they decided to make awesome historical character minimates to go with each one.

Jack Skellington/Sally

Elsa/Anna

Jack Sparrow/Dany Jones

Woody/Buzz

Teeeeeechnically we get Disney minimates every time a Marvel movie releases. Plus we had those two Peter Pan packs but they wound up being very overpriced and frankly I just never liked Disney's Peter Pan. They were very good minimates though when I got the on clearance.

But yeah I do admit I want Pirates of the Caribbean minimates. Maybe with Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Speaking of pirates and their ilk, let's get Assassin's Creed minimates. Even if it's just a four pack of Altair, Ezio, Connor, and Edward Kenway. I'd be happy with that alone unless they decided to make awesome historical character minimates to go with each one.

Yeah, the Peter Pan mates were well made but quite overpriced, that is true. Though if they had released some toy story or nbc sets i wouldn't mind to pay that much. It's just that PP isn't that visually striking. As for PotC, the last few movies may have been kinda meh, but they are still enjoyable and i love the general "feel" (the costumes, the tone,etc).

As for AC, I asked DST about it,along with Mass Effect,MGS, GTA, Halo,Skyrim and Bioshock a couple of months back and Chuck did say that one of these was possible so....

• 2 weeks later...

Movie. Book is cool, but the movie is special to me. As campy as it is, I took my wife to see it on our first date. Yep, she still stuck with me after seeing it...

And Battle Beasts were the first thing I thought of when it came to the warrior bugs.

Predator

GI Joe

Godzilla (somehow...)

Initial D (though mini cars to go with 'em may be pricey, think Speed Racer)

The X-Files

Metal Gear Solid

The Fast and the Furious (again, the mini cars may price this out of existence)

Conan (...O'Brien, yes, seriously)

Arrow

Mobile Suit Gundam (likely impossible)

• 2 weeks later...

Predator

GI Joe

Godzilla (somehow...)

The X-Files

Metal Gear Solid

Arrow

Check one off the list!

Predator

GI Joe

Godzilla (somehow...)

The X-Files

Metal Gear Solid

Arrow

Check one off the list!

And of all the ones on your list, it's the one with the least humanoid characters. Amazing how that worked out.

So glad we're getting MateZilla.

I think the video game series Borderlands could make some pretty fun Minimates. The player class options, psychos, and uniques such as Tiny Tina and Dr. Mercy would be great.

Edit: somehow I didn't mention Claptrap, he would be awesome!

Edited by whywing

MICRONAUTS.

I don't know if this is an intellectual property that's still owned by a specific company or an industry hot potato that manufacturers have passed around like a diseased hooker (maybe I should rephrase that) but I think Micronauts could work as Minimates.

Last I knew Hasbro was planning on doing something with it but we've seen nothing since the initial announcement. This should be on the same radar that gave us Battle Beasts.

So now Cuusoo accepts Doctor Who creations. Previously it was forbidden but recently the gates opened so it got me thinking. Maybe CB didn't sell that well, thus BBC is open to new licences again? I mean, it's been what, a year (?) since we got any new CB stuff. Could we see minimates? It's a loooooongshot but things might be a bit more in our favor nowadays. Either way, the cuusoo project has already reached nearly 7000 in a few days so even if we get Doctor Who Lego sets i'll be one happy guy!

I love the Starship troopers movie. I even bought the sequels. The book is good and I liked the CGI series they had. And the more recent CGI movies was good too. I'd definitely throw my money at those mates!

With IDW announcing Super Secret Crisis War! it made me realize how cool Cartoon Network minimates would be.

Samurai Jack

Powerpuff Girls

Ed, Edd'n, Eddy

Cow and Chicken

Johny Bravo

Dexters Lab

Ben 10

Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Codename: Kid's Next Door

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

This is a veritable gold mine!