UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond Select Toys' Facebook contests

Dio

Some truly great pics. Congrats to Eric, Jason & Neta-Lee! Geohound had a great up close pic of Taskmaster/Redfield, it really looks like it was directly from the game. Squall's Dante/Deadpool is absolutely beautiful! Who did the picture with Magneto levitating Arthur? That one was my favorite.

Since a couple people asked where I took the picture, here's the story. There's an old abandoned Parker factory (have no idea what they made) about half a mile from where I live; most of the building has been torn down except one end, there's a bunch of graffiti on the walls (finding a part without a bunch of curse words was fun). There were also a few big brick walls that have holes punched in. It's a really cool place for pictures. I ended up going back a couple days in a row to take pictures, the first day I didn't get a good one with all the figures in focus. Also my yellow magic marker was dried out so didn't fill in the part on Capcom 3. I took good markers back the next day and found that stone had that neat faded look. I have a few other pics from around that place that I'll end up posting on some of the MMC reviews. :biggrin:

post-28-0-32373300-1332860944_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-81895400-1332860961_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-71064700-1332860977_thumb.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all the winners! This certainly was fun doing this and looking at all the other entries. There were so many good ones. I hope they do something like this again.

Who did the picture with Magneto levitating Arthur? That one was my favorite.

If you're talking about the simple dark one, that was me.

post-28-0-15876600-1333487627_thumb.jpg

I love coming back from vacation and finding minimates waiting :biggrin:

Got some really cool sets and figures including TRU w13 Mirage/Magma, artwork with Nariko from Heavenly Sword and the Sentinel prototype. Thanks Zack & DST/AA!

I got to get working on some reviews of all of these and get them posted on MMC.

OH MY GOD!

Congrats , man!

Make sure you post some good close ups on MMC, especially of the control art, sentinel proto & that Mirage/Magma set ;)

Edited by Nessex

I came home today from a family outing to find a DST package on my doorstep.

Yeah!

I had received my MvC 3 photo contest Runner-up prize which contained the following:

Vendetta Pirate Ship with Anne Bonny

Promo 2009 FCBD mate

Promo 25th Anniversary Ghostbusters blank (black)

Promo Maximum Zombie

SUPER EXCITED!!!

Absolutely love the Vendetta and the mates are great!

Want to thank Zach and the DST staff for the great prizes and having all these fun contests!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn you buyers!!! Damn you to hell!!! I've lost kratos because of you!!! Zach could you possibly do a god of war wave? Could you try it again with Sony? If tomb raider can work then god of war will definitely work. The first sony wave didn't have any of the big and interesting names. God of war,metal gear solid,twisted metal and different clothes for drake and sully instead of Chloe would made it and instant win. Could we atleast get a kratos mini like the Alice one to promote god of war: ascension?

Damn you buyers!!! Damn you to hell!!! I've lost kratos because of you!!! Zach could you possibly do a god of war wave? Could you try it again with Sony? If tomb raider can work then god of war will definitely work. The first sony wave didn't have any of the big and interesting names. God of war,metal gear solid,twisted metal and different clothes for drake and sully instead of Chloe would made it and instant win. Could we atleast get a kratos mini like the Alice one to promote god of war: ascension?

Considering we didn't get the Heavenly Sword girl minimate either, i don't think it's the buyers, it's that Sony wasn't interested. Hell, DST could have even drawn them up first to propose to Sony and Sony said no. It's not always cut and dry "let's make this thing."

Tomb Raider, it looks like, is her own license, so that's different, and Alice only happened because they have a license for Action Figures for the game.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Considering we didn't get the Heavenly Sword girl minimate either, i don't think it's the buyers, it's that Sony wasn't interested. Hell, DST could have even drawn them up first to propose to Sony and Sony said no. It's not always cut

and dry "let's make this thing."

Tomb Raider, it looks like, is her own license, so that's different, and Alice only happened because they have a license for Action Figures for the game.

Maybe Sony wasn't satisfied with the numbers. Sony mates weren't a huge success. If Sony tried it again they should try it with one property. If tomb raider can work as a series god of war can work for sure. Same goes for metal gear solid.

Considering we didn't get the Heavenly Sword girl minimate either, i don't think it's the buyers, it's that Sony wasn't interested. Hell, DST could have even drawn them up first to propose to Sony and Sony said no. It's not always cut

and dry "let's make this thing."

Maybe Sony wasn't satisfied with the numbers. Sony mates weren't a huge success. If Sony tried it again they should try it with one property. If tomb raider can work as a series god of war can work for sure. Same goes for metal gear solid.

But, that's not how it works. If they weren't a success for Sony, Sony won't buy back in, and if the design was already drawn up when they said no, then they really won't be doing so. The Tomb Raider analogy doesn't work either...we don't know a thing about Tomb Raider's license and they didn't even have full permission to make market her when they showed the figure publicly at her first reveal. God of War most likely is harder to get and even less possible.

And, keep in mind, Star Wars, for example, would work for sure too, but that would never happen by the same logic: Just because it works doesn't mean it's possible.

OF COURSE, Zach could come by and dismiss the entire thing, and i would be very happy to be wrong, but it isn't likely to happen.