UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Central is 8! And Also Under New Ownership!

Danny

Dang, Luke. DST needs to seriously start paying you. I hope you don't over task yourself.

WHy would they pay him when he continues to help them for free. One of the most important rules of business is never pay people who are willing to volunteer or work for free. I think that rule carries over to parenting also.

Thank you for all your work Danny. I'm sure it's hard letting go of something you put so much into, but probably in some ways it's a relief, right? :) I wish you all the best.

It really is fortunate for Luke they relaxed the child labor laws in Minnesota. I figure that's the only way he can accomplish all this stuff.

You've made one of the great contributions to Minimate fandom, and I'm personally very grateful for all you've done and will be leaving behind. Minimates Central was my gateway into collecting these little bastards to begin with, and I'm sure there are legions of others that got sucked into collecting the same way--some who post here and some who don't. Thanks for everything Danny. And good luck to Luke and Lurch as the site goes forward. At least you know the site's in good hands. :buttrock:

wait, "goodbye"? As in leaving more than just Central? Without Central, I never would have discovered Headquarters, which linked me to here, which lead to my harassment of these fine folks with useless Marvel information. So you see, it's all your fault!

Wish nothing but the best for you, and thanks for the valuable service.

Danny and his site are the whole reason I got into Minimates. I was poking around on eBay looking for Spider-Man Legos, when I found these weird Minimate things. I got to wondering if there were any other ones and starting browsing the web. Minimates Central was at the top of the list, and I got to looking around and...

...my wallet has never forgiven me.

I second these guys' sentiments completely. Danny, I'm sorry to see you go & thank you for everything these last 8 years. Your review of the C3 Catwoman was the first I saw of your site. (The beginning of the end. But in a good way. :lol:) Being that she's my favorite (next to WW), I had to hunt down a retailer to buy the set. That led to ArtAsylum's boards & TBT, who led me here to the 'Verse. I hope whatever lies in your future makes you happy & that you'll still be around (even if occasionally).

Luke, you are crazy to take this on (with everything else you do), but I couldn't think of a better person. I'm glad that MMC is sticking around -- because I had withdrawals from the downtime last time. :) Good luck & I can't wait to see what else you do!

I'm putting forth the theory that we're going to be getting a crime boss box set including Mr. Negative, Kingpin, The Rose and Luke Porter in the near future. :biggrin:

That or he'll be included in a forthcoming cosmic beings set of Uatu, Eternity, Death, and Luke. :woot:

Minimate Central has been a staple of the minimate community. Glad to see it will stay alive with the passing of the torch. Best of luck Danny with your future endevours and good luck Mr. Porter with taking over the show. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about myself, the site, the redesign and the new ownership.

I readily admit that Minimates Central has been treading water for a long while as my toy interests blossomed elsewhere, but it has always been clear how much affection people have for it as a simple fan-run site, which makes my decision to hand it over to Luke the correct one. I think he will do an amazing job re-invigorating it for old fans and hopefully with the changes he will be able to bring in many new Minimates fans, which is what we all want.

As for myself, it's never really goodbye - 8 years is a very long time to want to cut ties completely. I shall still be lurking and posting when somebody mentions "boobies", but as a line of toys I collect I am now finished with Minimates.

The last few months I have been active on a large Lego forum and it has been weird "starting over" and being a complete newbie but I am enjoying it. I have been learning photography techniques and digital image manipulation and have been reviewing Lego sets.

Thank you again for all your kind words, it means so much to me that I was able to touch so many people (oo-er!) and certainly Minimates Central has been a huge personal accomplishment for me.

As for myself, it's never really goodbye - 8 years is a very long time to want to cut ties completely. I shall still be lurking and posting when somebody mentions "boobies", but as a line of toys I collect I am now finished with Minimates.

Welcome to my world. I've aqquired 8 new minimates in 2 years but I'm still here for the people. Speaking of which aside from my twice yearly Rad pestering we really should get us UKers back together again.

Bumblebeebarn invasion?

Welcome to my world. I've aqquired 8 new minimates in 2 years but I'm still here for the people. Speaking of which aside from my twice yearly Rad pestering we really should get us UKers back together again.

Bumblebeebarn invasion?

Push your luck & indulge yourselves,bring your beer & your tents. Bring your wives & girlfriends & your kids.... & if you must..... your boyfriends ...bring your Lego & bring your cider.

However I don't do the word 'organise' so..............set the date (after some consultation) ,let me know &

Bring it on

If I could only buy a beer for someone who has given me so much pleasure then ......read the above.