UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else not like images opening up within the same window? I personally never really liked the feature on other sites because big images get really messy. And here, it ruins the post I was last reading while trying to find the close button.

See images in this post as a random example:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=5366&view=findpost&p=88943

Which images?

The 4x Image post via karamazov80 are attached board images, the later one is an embedded offsite IMG tagged image.

Edit: ACtually are you referring to the weird inbuilt java viewer thing? I dont like that either

Edit2: Is that better now?

Thats because (I think) we're more modern than you. (Srsly IE9 is out but doesnt support XP), for the interim get Firefox or something, Im still working a new skin which *may* work but its really hard to design stuff that works with legacy browsers (if you're me, doing this in your spare time).

Quote boxes will be fixed with new skin

will font and font color be fixed with the new skin? Just asking because I find this new font and color harder to read as opposed to the previous version. Appreciate all the hard work you all put in on your own time and dime!

I dont at all..

Believe me I'm far FAR from happy with how the place looks at present!

(The only point I was making was to pre-empt anyone who does this shit for a living chipping in with "Oh just do X,Y,Z,A,B & C to make it work on IE6/8/Netscape Navigator 2.1 while also running fine on modern browsers" :D, theres a difference between whats possible and what Im gonna do...)

Oh wow. My bad for being a web developer for a living and actually trying to help. IE 8 a legacy browser....ha. That's funny.

I wasn't telling you what to do. Only trying to help point you in the right direction to possibly find the problem.

Again wow. Now your deleting posts fr only trying to help. Real classy. Not to mention I just read this whole thread and failed to see where you said you didn't want feedback.

I edited my post as not to upset you, and hid your response.

You made a suggestion about an issue, I said its due to browser differences and that it may not get fixed as basically Im lazy and I know it can be fixed but I'd appreciate it if no "web designers" pop up and spout of what I do to fix it because I know, I just dont know if I can be bothered. You then took exception to this despite the fact that I had no idea you are one of these "web developers", I then decided as I'm technically staff again that Im better off not responding and also edited the posts to clean it all up.

Your post (complete with quote of mine is back) and my points still are:

Just because something can be done doesnt mean I will (Browser versions comment)

IE8 is a legacy browser as it is now only the most recent version of IE on out of support versions of Windows.

Im not quite sure why you're getting so worked up over it though.

Speaking of which, I just noticed you can now delete your own posts. This is something I've wanted for a long time now. Yay!

Although it'll make the trade thread a nightmare to police.

Also, does anyone know what's going on with the new "Vote up/down" features? I tried it and it says I've hit my quota for the day. Which is apparently 0. Story of my life.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Yeah you can, although that feature may be time based (so you cant do what I did at the AA board and throw a hisy fit and delete all your posts!)

Vote up/down Ill probably disable as its a bit useless tbh, and yes, ive yet to set quotas, although I can vote as I please (Voting is tied into Currently viewing all posts. Change threshold? option down there - if you've ever used Slashdot you'll get it)