UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Flash TV Series (2014)

MiniFiend UK

Not seen anyone else comment on this yet. So with the news of the costume for the series being shown thought I would start.

L311L_531e80480b9ce6.53235612.jpg

So thats the costume for the series and to be honest I'm really ok with it.

First off it has a proper mask and to me thats a good thing. I know they are trying to make the TV series now days "realistic" but I like my superhero's to look kinda like they should. Not just some dude in a T-shirt

Another good point for me is that they havent gone overboard with the yellow/gold piping on the costume I would have liked maybe more yellow/gold on the boots and maybe white instead of red around the chest symbol but other then that its ok. It looks like a Flash costume.

I havent watched much of season 2 of Arrow yet. I do know they have a Flash hinted in it but not seen the episodes so don't know how the powers come across on screen.

Am I now looking forward to this series? I wouldn't say I'm jumping out of my seat in anticipation but any superhero stuff on TV is a good thing. the big selling point on this series for me will be the villains. Flash has one of the best set of villains outside of Spiderman and Batman for me and if they have done this well with the Flash costume it will be fun to see if they do as well with say Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Grodd.

With Arrow, Flash, and possibly Amazon showing up on The CW, I'm waiting for WB to change the name of the channel to The DCU or something.

The Flash costume could be a little more form-fitting but overall it's a decent adaptation. I'm looking forward to the show.

Suit looks a'aight to me. I haven't gotten into Arrow yet, and am not sure if I'll bother checking this out or not.

Flash has one of the best set of villains outside of Spiderman and Batman for me and if they have done this well with the Flash costume it will be fun to see if they do as well with say Mirror Master, Captain Cold and Grodd.

I think that, as far as individual heroes go, Flash has the coolest set of villains after Batman and Spider-Man. Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Gorilla Grodd, Mirror Master, Reverse Flash, Weather Wizard, Pied Piper. . .I mean, they're treated as kind of lame villains, but they look great! Most would have made terrific Minimates. Superman surprisingly only has a handful of really iconic ones IMO--Luthor, Mxyzptlk, Braniac, Bizarro, then you've got lesser villains like Metallo, Toyman, and Parasite. Others like Darkseid are shared with other heroes.

With Arrow, Flash, and possibly Amazon showing up on The CW, I'm waiting for WB to change the name of the channel to The DCU or something.

The Flash costume could be a little more form-fitting but overall it's a decent adaptation. I'm looking forward to the show.

Amazon was officially canned a while ago.

as a HUGE fan of Arrow, and someone who loved Grant Gustins Barry Allen (and for those of you who plan to watch Flash, it is a spin off of Arrow, not standalone)

i am very pumped for this. The costume looks pretty good but i think it will look better on screen and with later alterations, the same way they evolved Oliver's suit

Constantine is such a great character. I hope they do him justice, and don't water the show down for mass audiences. It should be pretty damn edgy and dark.

And of course, it needs some Swamp Thing.

Edited by karamazov80

• 6 months later...

So Flash has premièred an no one comments?

I saw it awhile ago when it was leaked online along with the constantine premier an I liked both

just posting this. http://grantgustinnews.com/post/99552872870/actor-grant-gustin-filming-a-fight-scene-on-the

Flash v Reverse Flash that happens in the Flash Arrow crossover episode

I saw it last night and loved it. It has some work ahead of itself, but it definitely had a strong premier and I'm definitely hooked. Certain moments felt a little hokey, and I was getting a slight 90's network sci-fi vibe in certain places (like the very last scene, for example), but there was much more to like about it than not. I'm eager to see the father/son dynamic develop more, since a lot of superhero stories tend to make the father more of a negative influence, if the father is even present at all.

Is it just me, or did Arrow's cameo seem a little off? He came across kinda cheesy with his more 'inspirational' comments, and overall just felt a little too optimistic/sympathetic from what I've come to expect from his performance on his own show. Anyone else pick up on that, or is it just me?

Saw it. I liked it more than I've liked Gotham or Arrow. The Arrow scene really pulled me out of the show. I actually physicaly face palmed at the "maybe the lightning bolt chose you" line. I've also never been much of a fan of Johns' "Barry's mom is dead" storyline. And what's the deal with DC show setting love interests up with the future arch nemesis? Iris and Thawne just felt weird.

All that said, I want to see where this show goes. I like its more upbeat nature.

It... was okay. I'm a big fan of the character, and I don't really feel like this captured him all that well. The kid they cast sure don't strike me as Barry Allen; seems to me that they were going more for Peter Parker. Halfway through, my wife pointed out to me that the guy playing Twane should have been cast as the Flash, and I couldn't stop thinking that. And I agree with Glantern, that I don't really care for Geoff Johns' "Barry's mom was murdered" retcon, so I wasn't happy to see that here. Definitely didn't like it as much as Gotham, and I can't say I'll watch it again.

• 3 months later...

Here is a pic for it looks like the firestorm outfit https://twitter.com/EricIGN/status/554312402167013376/photo/1

And going by the others around it thats zooms behind it, Heatwave beside it and Colds diagonal from it.

Bit meh on Firestorms outfit seems a bit dull I get that his head an hands will be CGIed for effect but without the harness it looks like street clothes.

• 2 weeks later...

I still continue to think this is best live action superhero show ever produced

*spoiler alert for people who have not watched up to episode 9*

KNE0Ho6.jpg

who else is FREAKING EXCITED for the return tonight?? biggrin.png

EDIT: also Robbie Amell in a recent interview confirmed the clothes hes wearing in the Firestorm pic are just civies he happens to be wearing in the scene that they give him the harness. His costume will continue to evolve to something more comic-book based

Edited by undeadpool