UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello from Liverpool, UK

Very new to the world of minimates (from reading up on everything it looks like I have a good decade to do so!) but better late than never, right ? :)

Always been a toy geek, especially minifigures (big time when I worked at Legoland) but have not collected anything for a few years, until now.

I'm a HUGE Kevin Smith fan (love the SModcast podcast network) & I finally saw (in store, which is rare in these parts) The Jay & Silent Bob minimates set (even better is that it is the Grey SDCC version) so I had to pick them up! And since then (which was only last week!) I have been bitten by the bug :)

I'm not going to go on a mad rampage & try hunt down every single one, but I am definitely going to start collecting minimates I like from now on.

Look forward to up coming sets (especially the TMNT figs.....if they look good) & finding out more :)post-9828-0-07491700-1396377719_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forums. Good to see more folks from the UK on here.

You say youre only going to get a few but its a slippery slope, we all started with... just this set... then just this license... and ended up at... oh no I'm missing that rare packing variant of a figure I already have.

T.

Thanks guys! More Englishmen than I thought there would be! smile.png

The guy who created this place way back in the mists of time is English and at least one other member of staff is also from that side of the pond.

As for the question on opening mates or keeping in packaging, I've always been an opener unless the package is pretty and would be destroyed during the opening process. I have probably have a couple of thousand loose mates and just a couple of hundred still in packages.

T.

Well, I do only have one set (so far) but I gave in and cracked em open! :D I thought having them all (when I no doubt surely will have lots) scattered around my room would look pretty cool and Much better than having them stuck on the wall in the packaging :)