UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Haves/Wants TRADE/SALE Thread Bumping

Members will notice that the old rule of the TRADE & SALE threads in the Flea Market area has been relaxed on a trial basis. You no longer need to maintain a single post in the threads. You are now allowed to delete your old post and create a new one, "bumping" your list. ALL other rules still apply and you must still maintain an "Updated on" header. If this system is not abused, we will keep it. :thumbsup:

If you have questions, feel free to ask us.

Though I know some can be obnoxious about it (and will probably eventually lead to the discontinuation of this new rule :D ), I think this is a good rule change in general. Having an easy way to know when folks have something new to list is a good thing, anyway.

Edited by karamazov80

Thats good feedback K80. As long as things don't get crazy again, we'll leave it. Folks just need to remember that they don't need to bump a new list every time they add or remove an item.

:thumbsup: It will be a nice change, lets all embrace it and not overly abuse it. ( I know I had problems with that thread before :confused: So this should help out in that area for others having that problem, lets hope it works out good.

I'll just be happy to see posts that are over a year old will end up migrating to the front of the thread so you don't have to wade through them.

Cheers for starting this up again and here's to hoping there won't be multiple bumps in a day or routine daily bumps :highfive2:

Members will notice that the old rule of the TRADE & SALE threads in the Flea Market area has been relaxed on a trial basis. You no longer need to maintain a single post in the threads. You are now allowed to delete your old post and create a new one, "bumping" your list. ALL other rules still apply and you must still maintain an "Updated on" header. If this system is not abused, we will keep it. :thumbsup:

If you have questions, feel free to ask us.

Thank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank youThank you. :)

I'll just be happy to see posts that are over a year old will end up migrating to the front of the thread so you don't have to wade through them.

^ THIS!!!

The no bump rule gave us staff members our sanity back. We never want to make things difficult, but the trade lists (which we use too), had gotten unruly. I think a stricter stance on the rules will keep things stable from now forward.

As always, thanks for the feedback.

Funny TM2, I always thought you were the most negative thing about this place.

I'm totally joking pal.

Shane, what about creating seperate "Flea Market - Want to Sell" and "Flea Market - Want to Buy" forums and just letting each member have their own thread in each forum, similar to Sideshow Freaks? Allow 1 bump per day, and one thread per member (per section). Members wouldn't have to scroll through one single post to look at what people are posting and they could "watch" threads of certain members that they like to deal with.

"Wants and Haves" and "Buy and Sell" are already kind of the same thing, so it might eliminate duplication of posts and just have the person specify if they are open to trades or just looking to sell for cash?

Edited by youbastards

I gotta say this is the only forum I visit that has a BST not set up like that. Not sure how hard it would be to just make a sub section of the Flea Market where each member has their own BST thread, but i'm not sure how hard that would be to manage.

We looked at all sorts of ideas, some simple some crazy at one point we even considered nuking the flea market because there were so many complaints about bumping.

IMO Separate threads doesn't really solve anything and would cause more headaches. Why would you need a whole thread when you are pretty much saying, I have this and I want this, everything else should be done by PM. It's too open to bumping by chitchat in the thread which is impossible to mod.

Please think before bumping because if we see people abusing it (Such as weekly bumping with little to no changes) we're going to go back to the old way and you'll spoil it for everyone!

T.

That's why I think my list is going to stay where it is....I don't update often because I just don't get anything to update it with.

I just change my needs as I see fit and keep it updated that way.

Good change for some folks I guess.

Please think before bumping because if we see people abusing it (Such as weekly bumping with little to no changes) we're going to go back to the old way and you'll spoil it for everyone!

Are you asking for community enforcement in lieu of mod enforcement of the rules here? I'm usually hesitant to call someone out for violating this or that rule here because I figure it isn't my place.

Are you asking for community enforcement in lieu of mod enforcement of the rules here? I'm usually hesitant to call someone out for violating this or that rule here because I figure it isn't my place.

Nope I'm asking people to think "Would I be annoyed if someone kept doing this instead of it being me doing it".

By "WE" I meant staff. If members ever feel someone is violating rules they should come to staff with that and not try to address it themselves or we'd have 2000 mods-by-proxy all telling each other what to do!

T.

Nope I'm asking people to think "Would I be annoyed if someone kept doing this instead of it being me doing it".

By "WE" I meant staff. If members ever feel someone is violating rules they should come to staff with that and not try to address it themselves or we'd have 2000 mods-by-proxy all telling each other what to do!

T.

One Dinobot is enough :-)

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thats good feedback K80. As long as things don't get crazy again, we'll leave it. Folks just need to remember that they don't need to bump a new list every time they add or remove an item.

What about adding 20-40 items? Genuine question, as I do not want to break or abuse any rules.

What about adding 20-40 items? Genuine question, as I do not want to break or abuse any rules.

20-40 is a reasonable amount for a bump IMO, unless you are doing it everyday ;)

T.

Honestly, one item is enough for a bump, as long as its not a daily occurence. In governing this particular section, no hassle is meant at all. We're trying to maintain the peace in the thread, some semblance of order, and our own sanity. Thanks for checkin TENIME.