UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Board software upgrade

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah this rep thing and voting up down posts is probably something Ill turn off this weekend when I sort stuff out, its not exactly all the amazing, unless anyone can think of a compelling use for it....

Guess i could merge the trading feedback thread with the rep system and make it so only admins can +/- rep...

you can add friends!!!

now if only we can app this site for the Iphone :whistling:

Go to app store

Search IPB

Download

Yay

OMG!!! It's like having the power of a god in the palm of my hand..... Amazing, really liking the new website now :)

Edited by winkerbean

Yeah this rep thing and voting up down posts is probably something Ill turn off this weekend when I sort stuff out, its not exactly all the amazing, unless anyone can think of a compelling use for it....

Guess i could merge the trading feedback thread with the rep system and make it so only admins can +/- rep...

That thought came across my mind too, but honestly, that sounds like it would be too complicated and not worth it. I'd still look at feedback at the current thread.

Anyway, I'm just having fun with the forum as it is. Take your time, Ady! You are doing it on your own free time and as long as the forum is still around, we're fine. This isn't like the AA forum being down for months type thing.

However you end up working all the details out, it's cool that you're putting in all this effort just to give us a better board experience *thumbs up*

personally, I like the changes so far ;)

and a quick question for clarification: is the voting things up/down akin to the "like" feature on facebook?

Initial thoughts... do not like!

Less initial thoughts... it's growing on me!

The more I look around and play with it, the more familiar it all feels.

Good work everyone involved in the upgrade.

I'm scared.

I'm f*cked ....who pulled the plug ? :unsure:

have you been MIA?

Yes it went something like this.............. OH MAMA MIA MAMA MIA MAMA MIA let me go..... Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me for me...

Derder der dum derder der dum derder der dum derder der dum........

Weird scenes inside the goldmine .

So where does one find one's PMs now ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Click your name top right (or just around it as it doesn't seem to quite line up), then click 'messenger'.

Unfortunatley, all your previous folders have gone and all your old PM's are together in your inbox.

You can create new folders and tidy it up though... that's the cost of progress it seems!

Click your name top right (or just around it as it doesn't seem to quite line up), then click 'messenger'.

Unfortunatley, all your previous folders have gone and all your old PM's are together in your inbox.

You can create new folders and tidy it up though... that's the cost of progress it seems!

Thankyou Pete .

Regarding the PM's... i can't see a direct way to reply to a PM or quote a PM?

It's probably an access thing. You can reply to your own PMs fine (not sure why you would), but not other people's PMs yet.

-----edit-----

Nevermind. It's not replying to yourself. I think it's quoting yourself but still replying to the same recipient. I just tried it (sorry Luke).

Edited by storm 1:08

Holy smokes!

I just got used to the jumbo redesign the Gawker sites just underwent, and now the Multiverse feels like a whole new Multiverse!

Kudos on the massive update, everyone! I guess this is the part where someone goes "Move along, nothing to see here" ;)